US stimulus check

Is there anyone who still hasn't received their stimulus check?

Yes , me!

Wife and I have not received direct deposit, perhaps they are in our mail accumulating in PA.

Do you guys live in the Philippines?

has any us citizen received a covid19 stimulus check by mail? in india

i have not received  although they say it was sent by mail...an there is no mail delivery in Mumbai!

I was scheduled for stimulus check mailing May 1st. It´s now 1month 13 days and no check, only a notice letter from the white house that I´m being paid the said check. Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil...

Mpace1954 wrote:

Do you guys live in the Philippines?

Live in PA, snowbird in the Philippines 6 months/ year.  8 months this year.

Mpace1954 wrote:

Is there anyone who still hasn't received their stimulus check?

Have not received it yet.  From what i have read, Social Security was suppose to send IRS all names and bank account information  and we were suppose to receive it direct deposit. I notice my monthly SS payment goes through the Bank of Mellon New York registered with my account # at BPI and lands up in my account at BPI on the 4th of every month. Something to do with the USA not allowing direct deposit with any Phil. bank because we do not have an agreement between countries. I don't have a US address or US bank account and wonder if IRS will mail the debit card to the Phil since they will use the last known address supplied by SS? I read IRS has an 800 # but i can imagine it would be expensive to call and i read the wait time on hold is long.

Scott1953 have you ever heard of Skype? Use it to call any US 800 number for free.

philipperv wrote:

Scott1953 have you ever heard of Skype? Use it to call any US 800 number for free.

Thank you for the advice Phil. I will give it a try on Skype  and see what happens.

scott1953 wrote:
philipperv wrote:

Thank you for the advice Phil. I will give it a try on Skype  and see what happens.

You can also buy a subscription for a US Skype number...

robal wrote:
scott1953 wrote:
philipperv wrote:

You can also buy a subscription for a US Skype number...

Thank you for the suggestion Robal.I will look into your advice as well. I also found a web site to inquire about the stimulus payment for IRS. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get my payment. I read the hold time is long when trying to call IRS. Typical of government when they owe you.

It's good to have a US Skype number. If you call
Social Security for a problem, they put you on
hold for around 1 1/2 hour!

robal

I use Google Voice.  All US numbers are free.  I have had it for years so I do not know if you have to register within the US or if you need a US number during registration.  Also you can get texts and voice mail for free.

Just got my mail from 10/24/19 to 4/25/20 and neither my wife nor myself received our $1,200 checks.  We filed taxes for 2018 but not yet for 2019, but we both get SSA retirement checks deposited directly into our checking accounts.  Perhaps it was received since 4/25/20, will find out tomorrow.  Did get a $50 check from Nationwide which will be void if not cashed by July 16th.  Gonna wait, hoping I will have two checks to deposit.

The SSA direct deposits should have taken care of it.  If the 2018 taxes had a refund that was direct deposit, that would also have taken care of it.  Can you not use the status website to find out?
I had no tax refunds but I di have SSA direct deposits.  I also used the IRS website to enter my direct deposit info.
My payment was received as a single $2400 deposit  but not on my normal SSA day.  The status page worked.
Since my wife does not get SSA and there were no tax refunds, the IRS must have used the direct deposit info I supplied through the stimulus website to do the combined deposit.

American colleagues also used the IRS site to furnish their DD datas but they received also a letter from the white house that they are being paid the stimulus check and will be mailed to their address overseas...

robal

Odd.  The key is the status website which will say yes or no and how

AaronAardvark wrote:

Odd.  The key is the status website which will say yes or no and how

The people I mentioned filed their taxes 2019 like me. Apparently those people living overseas and filed
taxes 2019 automatically are programmed to receive the check or debit card by mail. It appears you are locked out and can´t change the predetermined status.

robal

I live overseas, filled both 2019 and 2018 prior to the stimulus being announced.  I had no refunds so I used to website to enter my direct deposit info.  I got the direct deposit.

They instructed not to do anything if a 2018/2019 tax was filed. I was ready to submit
my DD info but changed my mind for fear of conflicting info that might arise like being paid
twice.  Dang, if I only knew.

robal

Got our 4/25 to 6/18 mail today and it included our $2,400 stimulus check, so filing a 2018 tax return was good enough for us.

Good for you! That just mande your day... Are you enjoying yourself in PA?

mugtech wrote:

Got our 4/25 to 6/18 mail today and it included our $2,400 stimulus check, so filing a 2018 tax return was good enough for us.

You apparently are using a mail forwarding company.
Do they forward just one time a month or does it depend on volume?  Also, how long does it take to get here?

AaronAardvark wrote:
mugtech wrote:

You apparently are using a mail forwarding company.
Do they forward just one time a month or does it depend on volume?  Also, how long does it take to get here?

What happened was our 6 months of mail forwarding ran out on 4/25/20, so we contacted a friend to collect our mail out of the box at our house, because  of the junk mail it was more than the 6 months of mail which had been forwarded to a PMB at the local UPS Store.  Was surprised that the 2004 Volvo started right up after sitting idle on the streets for 8 months, collected our PMB mail at 8:30 AM Friday before my friend gave us the other 2 months.

robal wrote:

Good for you! That just mande your day... Are you enjoying yourself in PA?

COVID-19 not allowing anyone to have much fun.  Nice cool overnight weather, 64 F this morning for my walk.  All the free music for the summer is cancelled, no Iron Pigs baseball, so not much happening.  Still get to ride the buses for free, but not too much to do, places to go.  Does remind me of the old Canned Heat song "It's the same all over, good people everywhere you go."

:D

Saw this statement on the Social Security web site. Seems to fit my scenario.  Looks like still will get payment but not until sometime in August in the mail here in the Phil. ...................................If I live outside the United States and not in a U.S. Territory, how and when will I get my economic impact payment (EIP)?

Social Security beneficiaries with a foreign address whose monthly benefit is deposited in a foreign bank will receive their EIP by paper check in the mail, because the IRS does not deposit money into foreign accounts. The IRS anticipates it will start mailing these EIPs no later than July 24. Beneficiaries living abroad who receive their monthly benefit through a domestic bank should receive their EIP by direct deposit to that same account on or about July 24.

So if I read this correctly, if you file your taxes with a foreign address but use a US bank for direct deposit, the stimulus direct deposit is still delayed until July?  I maybe understand what happens with a foreign address and a foreign bank but why would a direct deposit into a US bank be delayed?

AaronAardvark wrote:

So if I read this correctly, if you file your taxes with a foreign address but use a US bank for direct deposit, the stimulus direct deposit is still delayed until July?  I maybe understand what happens with a foreign address and a foreign bank but why would a direct deposit into a US bank be delayed?

From what i understand looks like you will have to wait until late July. IRS seems to keep changing the rules. My monthly SS is deposited into an American bank, Bank of Mellon New York under my name and account name. But it lands up at BPI the next day under my name and same account #. Would have been easier for the Feds  or IRS to just give the funds to SS to deposit into all recipients accounts. But the Feds don't use practicality. Here's another q&e from the SS web site. ...............................................

If I live in American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, how and when will I get my economic impact payment (EIP)?

Special rules apply to beneficiaries living in the U.S. territories. In general, the tax authority in each territory, not the IRS, will pay the EIP to eligible residents based on information the IRS will provide to the territories. It is anticipated that beneficiaries in the territories could begin receiving their EIP in early June. People should contact their local tax authority with questions about these payments. Please note their website may use the term “Economic Impact Payment” or “stimulus payment.”

American Samoa
Guam
Puerto Rico
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands

scott1953 wrote:
AaronAardvark wrote:

From what i understand looks like you will have to wait until late July. IRS seems to keep changing the rules. My monthly SS is deposited into an American bank, Bank of Mellon New York under my name and account name. But it lands up at BPI the next day under my name and same account #. Would have been easier for the Feds  or IRS to just give the funds to SS to deposit into all recipients accounts. But the Feds don't use practicality. Here's another q&e from the SS web site. ...............................................

If I live in American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, how and when will I get my economic impact payment (EIP)?

Special rules apply to beneficiaries living in the U.S. territories. In general, the tax authority in each territory, not the IRS, will pay the EIP to eligible residents based on information the IRS will provide to the territories. It is anticipated that beneficiaries in the territories could begin receiving their EIP in early June. People should contact their local tax authority with questions about these payments. Please note their website may use the term “Economic Impact Payment” or “stimulus payment.”

American Samoa
Guam
Puerto Rico
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands

Thanks, Scott!

You'r Welcome Robal.

Verified with the IRS the thing was sent 1st week of May.   My eyes have yet to gaze upon its splendor. 

It is my understanding that for any postal service accepting International Mail as per agreement Last mile is Gratis., all postage fees go to the originating country.  That is the recipient country delivers from its closest international post office to the mailbox gratis.  Saves trying to determine,  add, collect and credit other countries rate scales by your local PO.  And of course the return trip is the same, last mile Gratis.   

Now picture, storage area, limited transportation, cost of transport, your own mail piling up, and ...... well you know how work goes in this country......

I just saw this from USPS.  It is dated 6/11/20 and includes the Philippines

"Postal Service is currently unable to accept items to these countries at any Post Office or postal facility location until further notice.

Customers are asked to refrain from entering items going to these countries into the USPS system effective immediately.

These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.

For any returned item bearing a customs form, the Postal Service will, upon request, refund postage and fees on mail returned due to the suspension of service."

I had a letter sent to me on about that date and it was accepted.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After taking the time and effort to gaze upon the readily available information from the US Gov.  These checks have NOTHING to do with the bank accounts or protocols you may have in effect for SS.

Only the last bank account used for the IRS taxes, payment or refund OR hard copy if the IRS does not like or know your bank.

Hard to say what it takes.  We had filed our 2018 taxes and both get direct deposit SS every month, received paper checks mailed some time between April 26 and June 18.