Driving license

According to information elsewhere on this site , in order to exchange my UK license for a Spanish one
I need to provide "A statement certifying you have not been deprived of your rights to drive in your home country."
Question is who would issue this  ?
Thanks for any help

I exchanged my U.K. licence for a Spanish one - admittedly about 15 years ago - and all I had to do was to take some basic physical reaction test and a sight test.  There was no declaration of any kind involved.  Hopefully someone on this forum with more recent experience of doing this will be able to give you up-to-date information in case anything has changed.

A pal exchanged his about this time last year without any sort of extra documentation but the need for something extra could be one of the Brexit changes I suppose.

The only people that could give you such a certificate would be DVLA but I think that's what the Spanish traffic people do - it's always the excuse that gestores use for the time it takes to get a licence exchanged!

When my non EU wife exchanged her Philippines  d/l she only needed the medical test, as all Spaniards do even for their first licence.

Thus there is no ‘brexit effect.' 

It appears the posted information was misunderstood or wrong.