Working as a dentist in Ecuador

Hello, I'm Amr from Cairo, Egypt. I'm a fifth year dental student who would like to move to Ecuador to settle there and practice dentistry. Would my certificate have to be matched? And is a career as a dentist available in Ecuador for foreigners? Really wanna know the steps I should take for being certified to practice dentistry in this wonderful country. Thanks in advance

Amr1997 wrote:

I'm Amr from Cairo, Egypt. I'm a fifth year dental student who would like to move to Ecuador to settle there and practice dentistry. Would my certificate have to be matched? And is a career as a dentist available in Ecuador for foreigners?

Dear Amr,

Welcome to the Ecuador forums of expat.com ...

Yes, the dental authorities in Ecuador do their own licensing.

There are plenty of dentists in Ecuador's major cities and they all speak Spanish, which is what dental patients expect.  It is conceivable that some smaller towns may lack sufficient dentists.  However, the patients there would also be speaking and expecting fluent español.

If you post again, you might tell us whether you can speak and understand Spanish .. whether you have visited Ecuador .. and why you would choose Ecuador.

You may wish to visit Wikipedia's page for countries and territories where English is spoken, easily Googled, to learn dozens of locations worldwide that might be more language-appropriate for non-Spanish speakers.

Keep in mind that international flights are not entering Ecuador at this point of the pandemic .. and the ban on flights may be extended indefinitely.  A business professor in Quito was quoted this weekend at www.cuencahighlife.com as saying it may be several more months before international air travel to and from Ecuador will resume.  That's a good English-language site to follow for updates on such travel.

cccmedia