Kindergarten - Erzieherin/Kinderpflegerin

Hi, I have a few questions, I would like to study amd eventually work and live in Germany. I would like to do an Ausbildung as an Erzieherin in Germany, at this stage location is not yet decided. Apparently you caanot do a Ausbildung to Erzieherin if you have not done an Ausbildung to Kinderpflegerin first? How correct is this?

I have worked as an Au Pair for a year and have worked as a volunteer for 3 months at a German Kindergarten in Germany. I have experience with children and would love to do an Ausbildung as a Erzieherin without having to do Kinderpflegerin as well, is this possible or is it a pre-requisite?

Thank you and regards

You better ask about the details and specifcs of a child care apprenticeship at a relevant school (Berufsschule) or at thekindergarten where you volunteered before (and which therefore might accept you as apprentice).
There is a shortage of pre-school teachers, so you are probably welcome.
Good luck!

I am posting a link (German only) that explains the job of nursery school teacher (Erzieherin). There are some prerequisites which vary from region to region. Often they want one to have a certificate that they have learned to be a children's nurse (Kinderpflegerin) - or a nursery school teacher assistant (Erzieherungshelfer).

https://www.weiterbildung-fachwirt.de/e … ausbildung