Being a Member of amazon.com.br

I´m now a Prime member of amazon.com.br. Here´s my experience so far:

1. My Brazilian credit card was easily accepted as a payment for prime membership.
2. They did accept my US credit card as a payment for the R$7,600.53 in merchandise but I was denied
by my US credit card issuer. I called them and they removed the block. But when I did repurchase, it was blocked again. I wonder it it´s the issuer because the charge was too high for an overseas purchase or they just don´t want their card to be placed online as payment in an overseas store. Or is it Amazon itself?
3. Then I tried boleto bancário. I hesitated for a while when I saw the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch
on the top left side of the Boleto. But I gathered courage and head on to Bradesco to pay. The cashier
windows closed and they reason COVID-19. Went to Banco do Brasil and the payment was easy and fast.
4. I paid Friday and the following day Saturday (yesterday), I checked the status of the orders and 3 of them was already being sent that day!

Congrats!

On #2, I suspect whoever their payment processor is:  they seem to have difficulty with certain card issuers.  A different one, even with the same flag, may get through.

Since no BR CC will they accept US CC for membership?
Other option I have is friend has BR card and wants air miles (for what, I have no idea) and pay Amazon and I pay cash to friend.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Other option I have is friend has BR card and wants air miles (for what, I have no idea) and pay Amazon and I pay cash to friend.

When I joined,  my US card wasn't accepted on the website through my computer,  but was accepted through my phone.  That was right after they launched,  so they may have "fixed" that, but you could give it a try.

abthree wrote:

Congrats!

On #2, I suspect whoever their payment processor is:  they seem to have difficulty with certain card issuers.  A different one, even with the same flag, may get through.

I´ll use a different card with a different card issuer next purchase. It saves a lot of time on big purchases. They only give you 24 hours to pay the boleto. If the purchase is large it takes sometimes 2 days at least depending on your banks withdrawal limit and Brazil´s limit. So you have to anticipate and withdraw ahead of time to be able to pay the boleto in cash. Scanning the barcode would be easier by using local bank account app but I don´t really leave a lot of money in it that could be used to pay bills.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Your friend as an option could be your back-up choice if the US cc don´t work.

The children would be ecstatic when the toys arrive next week. Yipeeee!

What are the perks of amazon brazil prime membership?

stevewaugh786 wrote:

What are the perks of amazon brazil prime membership?

https://www.amazon.com.br/gp/help/custo … =201910360

Yeah we tried out there service hear in the nordeste. Still using correrios for delivery so their projected delivery times are not true in almost all cases. Lol. For us we just buy our movies / tv from Google play movies and TV. Google gives me a free membership to Google play music and YouTube music premium. So when I'm ordering i take into consideration how awful Amazon platform is in North America and wonder how long till Brazilians start dumpster diving to sell old items as new 😂. If your going to shop on it. Just be careful

Delivery of anything to Manaus from anywhere takes a long time, so I've learned to live with that.  Amazon Brazil has improved a lot in both selection and service since they started, and at least has realized that things slow down outside Metro São Paulo.  Now, their estimated delivery dates are set far enough out that sometimes they can beat them. Their package tracking still leaves much to be desired, but it's slowly improving, too.

As a Prime member they gave me like 2 weeks delivery time. Their tracking apparatus is also not accurate because the goods arrived in 5 days!

robal wrote:

As a Prime member they gave me like 2 weeks delivery time. Their tracking apparatus is also not accurate because the goods arrived in 5 days!

Yeah, sometimes things arrive very early compared to the promise date.   The kindest word for their tracking at this point is "aspirational". :cool:

[Post under review]

be aware that if customs find such an item in your luggage that they will require for you to pay the tariff .....

[Post under review]

Texanbrazil wrote:

I have a friend who is A Prime BR and orders normally arrive in a week.

I'm a Prime member,  and "arrival in a week" in Manaus for anything that won't fit in an airmail envelope is a dream - but we expect that here, so we adjust.   Free shipping is free shipping,  and their tracking has really  improved during the pandemic.  Four stars out of five.  :top: