Foreign husband deportation law

NATO forces get to serve in the country
they are assigned to without needing to get a visa or meet normal immigration/residency requirements. They need a passport from their home country, a military ID and NATO travel orders. But there is no such thing as a NATO passport. Why do you claim otherwise?!

In 1980 Stationed in Naples, Italy we were issued an American Passport in addition to our regular passport and the issuing authority was NAVCAMSMED! Call it what you like but it was for people assigned to duty station at a NATO facility! That is what I was referring to! I believe I have it with me in my things here in Philippines!

lasvegan :

That is what I was referring to! I believe I have it with me in my things here in Philippines!

Probably expired.

Passports and Visas
Passports

Military family members should have two passports -- one government official or "no-fee" passport for entry into Italy is required and a tourist passport if they wish to travel. This is from NATO to  Commander of Naval Base at Angno Naples, Italy

Of course expired! 10 year passport
But I keep all my old passports! Back in 1980 Europe was different as I'm sure you know! Spain was not a NATO member and we were told not to use our NAVSCAM MED passports even if were passing through to get to Navy Base at Rota, Spain! The border guards in Spain stapled a small attachment to our passport that said we were military and it required us to report to the
police Station at every city in Spain we stayed for more then 8 hours lol

lasvegan :

Asian corruption is a way of life! Not like the Italian Mafia! Not La Cosa Nostra!
In Asia money earned from vices and sin is sent up the hierarchical ladder and along the way everyone takes a small cut for their part and never getting greedy and everyone is happy! In western corruption the money ALL goes to the Man at the top and he gives out what he want and only to those he wants! He is extremely greedy and ends up hated and kills many who rebel! Asians don't consider their way corruption! Just Human nature!

Yes, paying off officials to facilitate husband deportation is a necessary feature of Asian societies, where the husband deportation officials and all the others are paid very low wages. They can make a decent living with that supplement--they kind of need it. And don't forget the "fixers," who can earn their keep if you are unfamiliar with the lay of the land.

Okieboy :

<snip>....some people call it corruption I call it convenient I use it all the time a 1000 peso will get you a lot of convenience

Corruption is dishonesty! |Sorry as Christianity and most major religions teach it is wrong as well as illegal.  Been here 5 years, have wife, house and land, we have never paid for anything without getting a  legitimate receipt.  Annoying at times but well worth the statement it makes and my soul and apparently my reputation.  We no longer encounter the need to "Grease the wheels".

LemSaDipolog :

Corruption is dishonesty! Sorry as Christianity and most major religions teach it is wrong as well as illegal.

I think Christianity in the Philippines has broken a few of the 10 commandments. You couldn't fill a Jeepny with these Saints, probably not a Grab vehicle, but maybe a tricycle?

Now the foundation for Christianity in the Philippines was introduced by Spain in 1565 to 1898. Fast forward to 2020, in Spain you can get a no fault divorce, as quick as two months if both parties agree or up to six months if only one party wants out.

W9XR :

the foundation for Christianity in the Philippines was introduced by Spain in 1565 to 1898. Fast forward to 2020, in Spain you can get a no fault divorce, as quick as two months if both parties agree or up to six months if only one party wants out.

Proving that Filipinos are better Catholics than the Spaniards.

Nah, the Philippines is just behind the curve a bit. Legal divorces will be coming. Another opportunity to collect fees.

Legal divorce is on the agenda in the Senate! So maybe they will address it in 2 to 20 years!

lasvegan :

Legal divorce is on the agenda in the Senate! So maybe they will address it in 2 to 20 years!

That has repercussions on laws of property division and or succession in inheritance with regards to a divorced foreigner especially with children from a previous marriage who are also foreigners living in a foreign country. Probably foreigners would then be allowed to own land in PI?

lasvegan :

Of course expired! 10 year passport
But I keep all my old passports! Back in 1980 Europe was different as I'm sure you know! Spain was not a NATO member and we were told not to use our NAVSCAM MED passports even if were passing through to get to Navy Base at Rota, Spain! The border guards in Spain stapled a small attachment to our passport that said we were military and it required us to report to the
police Station at every city in Spain we stayed for more then 8 hours lol

I´m not 100% sure but you were probably a DoD personnel and your wife active duty - that´s why the NAVSCAM MED (Naval Communication Area Master Station, Mediterranean) for you. I was stationed in Rota, Spain with only my military ID, American passport and my military orders. I travelled all over Europe due to the demands of my duties and no other IDs needed. Yes, Spain joined officially as the 16th member of NATO 30May92. But they were participating with Defense Forces Europe when I was there 1982 and through a referendum decided as a NATO participating country in 1986 but not at the time as part of NATO military structure.

robal

LemSaDipolog :
Okieboy :

<snip>....some people call it corruption I call it convenient I use it all the time a 1000 peso will get you a lot of convenience

Corruption is dishonesty! |Sorry as Christianity and most major religions teach it is wrong as well as illegal.  Been here 5 years, have wife, house and land, we have never paid for anything without getting a  legitimate receipt.  Annoying at times but well worth the statement it makes and my soul and apparently my reputation.  We no longer encounter the need to "Grease the wheels".

It´s a daily way of life and Filipinos don´t feel guilty about it and has become a part of the economic lives of people who has a way to implement it. I exercised that "way of convenience" when I first came to the Philippines to live for a few months. They offered to to do all the paperworks for me without falling to that long line with the extreme heat and humidity in the process. Who wouldn´t want that?
My taxi driver was waiting for me outside to be brought to Baguio with the already reserved hotel and he provided his contact inside the immigration department. And that guy brought with him his "woman kaliwa" at the process!:D

It is in the culture and will not go away don't fight the system

evil thrives when the good do nothing.  Do not feed the bears!

Hey Boo Boo let's get a picnic basket!
But Yogi......Deportation Law says no picnic baskets......