Foreign husband deportation law

If your married in the Philippines you can't get divorced. But if your wife gets tired of you she can call BI and have you deported.

It is more complicated than that 🤣

YES...It is complicated even when fraud by own family members is involved!

https://attorney.org.ph/legal-news/53-s … lly-liable

Lat61 :

If your married in the Philippines you can't get divorced. But if your wife gets tired of you she can call BI and have you deported.

Not really, you would have to have some kind of court decision that you are an undesirable alien and be entered onto a blacklist. That would take some time. A word of warning, if you are not living with your legal spouse, get the 13a visa downgraded back to a tourist visa. That's the law.

It depends who knows who.  It is the Philippines.

I recently got married by the local Mayor here.  He told us of another foreigner who backed out of the wedding, the Mayor said that he would be speaking to immigration to never allow the foreigner back into the Philippines.  Remember that any country has the right to refuse entry to anyone none citizen.  Of course if the foreigner happened to have higher contacts than the Mayor then that he could speak to them and he would be allowed in to the Philippines

Contacts is everything here.

pej1111 :

It depends who knows who.  It is the Philippines.

I recently got married by the local Mayor here.  He told us of another foreigner who backed out of the wedding, the Mayor said that he would be speaking to immigration to never allow the foreigner back into the Philippines.  Remember that any country has the right to refuse entry to anyone none citizen.  Of course if the foreigner happened to have higher contacts than the Mayor then that he could speak to them and he would be allowed in to the Philippines

Contacts is everything here.

Sure. That always work in PI and so with Brazil where I´m at right now.

I’d have replied “Thanks for the warning about your corruption - I’m cancelling the wedding based on your advice - I’ll let the family know why”!  LMAO

If someone overstayed their visa in the Philippines, is there an immigration police who will seek you out and deport you? I am not sure there is. The Philippines may not have a budget for that. Besides, you are spending your precious moolah in the Philippines, that cannot be a bad thing. So long as you do not have enemies in your town you should be good. Just thinking out loud. Upon leaving the country, would immigration stop you so they can deport you?

Lat61 :

There is annulment of marriage in the Philippines. One reason you can use: She is crazy/insane. You cannot use the reason "stupid".
Can they deport you? Possibly. Go to the next town, dye your hair, grow a beard, stop wearing your Hawaiian shirt and change your name to John Smith. BI will never be able to find you. Besides, all foreigners look alike.

Jackson4 :

If someone overstayed their visa in the Philippines, is there an immigration police who will seek you out and deport you? I am not sure there is. The Philippines may not have a budget for that. Besides, you are spending your precious moolah in the Philippines, that cannot be a bad thing. So long as you do not have enemies in your town you should be good. Just thinking out loud. Upon leaving the country, would immigration stop you so they can deport you?

Yes there is an immigration intelligence and police, and it is improving a lot.

There is also your jealous neighbour intelligence which you need to keep a close eye on!

Jackson4 :

I imagine there are many who overstayed their visa.

Renewing your visa for some can be exasperating. I'm drawing from my own experience of several trips costing transportation cost, fee costs, time & frustration in extending visa while going through the acr-1 process.

Something that could be so simple is drawn out to a complicated mess. If it wasn't for my stepsons dealing with the tedious and frustrating experience, I would have given up. I suppose there are many who didn't have the help I had and said the hell with it and just gave up.

Do Expats have to pay a fee or tax to leave the country?

Here a fee, there a fee, everywhere a fee. Old MacDonald had a farm, on his farm he had a Fee. A Fee here, A Fee there,  everywhere a Fee.

W9XR :

Used to pay 500 pesos, but since my wife got dual citizenship and I come in for one year on the balikbayan stamp neither one of us pays anything.  Always leave with extra pesos, never know what will change, when it will change.

W9XR :
Jackson4 :

Renewing your visa for some can be exasperating. I'm drawing from my own experience of several trips costing transportation cost, fee costs, time & frustration in extending visa while going through the acr-1 process.

Something that could be so simple is drawn out to a complicated mess. If it wasn't for my stepsons dealing with the tedious and frustrating experience, I would have given up. I suppose there are many who didn't have the help I had and said the hell with it and just gave up.

Here a fee, there a fee, everywhere a fee. Old MacDonald had a farm, on his farm he had a Fee. A Fee here, A Fee there,  everywhere a Fee.

I don't understand why people are complaining for the extension of their visa ! How long a foreign tourist can stay in France ? Maximum 3 months in a year ! I suppose it is the same in the US, in Australia etc. How long you can stay in the PH as a tourist ? 3 years !!! then you leave one day the PH and after 24h you go back to the PH for another 3 years !!! OMG ! and people are still complaining ???

Many overstaying aliens are Indians and Chinese and few lazzy westerners !

I'm a bit worried about the future of fly out for a day and fly back. I'm due to do that in March 2021. It may still be hard to do that because of Corona 19 and the new normal.

geolefrench :
W9XR :
Jackson4 :

I don't understand why people are complaining for the extension of their visa ! How long a foreign tourist can stay in France ? Maximum 3 months in a year ! I suppose it is the same in the US, in Australia etc. How long you can stay in the PH as a tourist ? 3 years !!! then you leave one day the PH and after 24h you go back to the PH for another 3 years !!! OMG ! and people are still complaining ???

Many overstaying aliens are Indians and Chinese and few lazzy westerners !

Most US tourist visa is good for multiple entry/exit for 10 years! A Visitor visa is a short term visa usually granted for emergencies or Transit purposes!

How many months allowed each year ? In France it is maxi 3 months a year, the visa duration being 3 to 5 years.

180 days so six months! But just walk into Mexico from San Diego and come back in couple hours and another 180 days! Same at Canadian border! Of course all are shut down now

When I was in Italy working for DOD with a SeaBee unit I had a NATo passport and US passport! My NATO let me be in any European country for unlimited stay! Even in non NATO countries! With AFI plated car was rarely asked to stop at any borders! Guards seen plate and waved you through! Switzerland sometimes stopped you and searchjed you and your car! But never a problem!

Munchie :

I'm a bit worried about the future of fly out for a day and fly back. I'm due to do that in March 2021. It may still be hard to do that because of Corona 19 and the new normal.

Cebu Pacific are currently having early booking flight packages (promo)
(To/Fm Philippines) that commence 1st Sept 2020 onwards....*presume in the hope that this lockdown will be over by then!
Not sure if this will be cancelled in the near future....but thats what I found when i logged into their website a few day ago.

PAL has flights to lax starting July 1st

lasvegan :

PAL has flights to lax starting July 1st

Used to have them May and June also.

Hello everyone,

Can we please put the focus again on the original topic at hand which is about Foreign husband deportation law?

You are most welcome to start new threads on the subject of visa overstay on the Philippines forum.

Let's just avoid off-topic posts and stay on track for this current thread :)

Thanks in advance,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Yup and now they are showing one on June 17th to lax

lasvegan :

Yup and now they are showing one on June 17th to lax

Yes, a great flight on which to deport a husband.  (Trying to stay on topic)

yup
i meant foreign husband deported on june 17th flight to lax
thanks for catching that boner

So if an expat need to be deported, the flights start June 17. Would the airlines begin flying regularly now that expats can be deported on a regular schedule?

yup, the deportation flights are up and running and more flights added everyday! The deportations should be back to normal soon!

Jackson4 :

So if an expat need to be deported, the flights start June 17. Would the airlines begin flying regularly now that expats can be deported on a regular schedule?

Currently the husband deportation flights on PAL to JFK are only flying on Thursdays and Sundays starting 6/11/20.

yup but they are going to be ramped up by 1July so deportations can get back to normal oops! New Normal!

lasvegan :

yup but they are going to be ramped up by 1July so deportations can get back to normal oops! New Normal!

I read PAL was on the verge of bankruptcy when Lucio Tan infused billions of PHP.  Look him up on Wikipedia.

W9XR :
lasvegan :

I read PAL was on the verge of bankruptcy when Lucio Tan infused billions of PHP.  Look him up on Wikipedia.

Yes , it would be a shame if PAL went bankrupt and could not deport husbands.

mugtech :
W9XR :
lasvegan :

Yes , it would be a shame if PAL went bankrupt and could not deport husbands.

If PAL went bankrupt, expats can still be deported because the airline industry monopoly goes to ... drum roll please.... Cebu Pacific Airlines.... tah-dah!!!
I used to fly to Laoag City from MNL on Cebu Pacific, for some reason only PAL is flying there now.

:lol:

lasvegan :

yup, the deportation flights are up and running and more flights added everyday! The deportations should be back to normal soon!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Letter of the law as implemented by B of Imm.  is that married status must be maintained in order to retain a visa based on marriage such as the permanent resident.  That has been interpreted by Immigration to mean living as a married couple. 
What that means today can vary alot from country to country but given the Philippine society still holds marriage is for life between a man and a woman only that has so far included cohabitation and fidelity.
That said, this would fall under what we call administrative law with B of Imm the administrator and the power of money and contacts who want to hazard a guess.
In dealing with government agencies here  I have often been approached by the head of the office who offered to expedite the process for a "nominal fee". That is pretty bold.
I am happily married and we intend to keep it that way.

LemSaDipolog :

Letter of the law as implemented by B of Imm.  is that married status must be maintained in order to retain a visa based on marriage such as the permanent resident.  That has been interpreted by Immigration to mean living as a married couple. 
What that means today can vary alot from country to country but given the Philippine society still holds marriage is for life between a man and a woman only that has so far included cohabitation and fidelity.
That said, this would fall under what we call administrative law with B of Imm the administrator and the power of money and contacts who want to hazard a guess.
In dealing with government agencies here  I have often been approached by the head of the office who offered to expedite the process for a "nominal fee". That is pretty bold.
I am happily married and we intend to keep it that way.

Valid point LemSaDipolog;
Excluding Fixers / Law B...
For expats NOT married but who have fathered children the bond is made = Just bring along the kids birthcerts/passports to get yourself back into paradise!

LemSaDipolog :

At least here we have honest corruption, where you get value for your money. Not like the US where the government takes your money and distributes it to their friends.