China opening borders again

Hey guys so I was wondering if any one knows or has any idea when China will reopen  it's borders to foreigners again as I'm currently back home and I have a job in Shanghai and I have visa but at the moment China has closed its borders since March is any one in similar situation . Thanks

Im in the same situation. I was suspose to start work in Dongguan but they closed borders. No new news about going back until Aug.

shelly9782 wrote:

Im in the same situation. I was suspose to start work in Dongguan but they closed borders. No new news about going back until Aug.

shelly,

how do you know its aug and not earlier.

thks

terence

A friend of mine who just attended a conference which was held by the Education Beaurau of Hangzhou said that the border's about to reopen at the end of Aug. 
Just rumor, but it sounds real.

funnyfan

thanks for the reply . it seems china doesnt really need fdi and tourist after all lol.

I got caught outside during Chinese New Year.  I live and work in Xi'an and have not been able to get home since then February 1st.

I too heard rumors about late August for workers and October for tourists.  But will that August re-opening include the dependents of the workers?  I don't know ...

starts in winter ends in winter lol

I hope not late August I'm hoping by July at least . There are already international flights to China and people with business visas entering  but I don't know if I can use my  work visa that was issued before the travel ban To enter .

you should ask your company isnt it

Hi guys, I'm in the same situation here or even worse. I resigned from my former job and was about to start working in another company after Chinese New Year. Came to Spain to visit my family during a week and was not able to enter China afterwards. I lost my employment there and now all my stuff are there and can't go back.

Does anyone has any new information about the border re-opening?

Also if anyone knows any agency that can help finding jobs in Asia please let me know.  My wechat is ****

Thank you

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

No updates yet. EU advice for EU countries was to open border to 14 non EU countries. China being one of them, but only if China reciprocate and open their border also. So it's a bit cat and mouse, if China want to allow its citizens to travel to EU, they will need to open their border in return.

A lot of Chinese students travel to Europe for study, so maybe with the new academic year coming in August/September, China will have more pressure to relax some restrictions to allow their students to return to university in Europe. However I wouldn't guarantee that to happen. But I'm hoping they will. Fingers crossed!

Thank you!  hope they will open by August!  :)