Meetup for Happy Hour - Wed 29

A friend and I just moved here and are trying to meet some new people. Don't think we're alone - thus I'd like to propose a meet up for new people or people who want to meet new people.

So let's say 7:00 Wed, Jn. 29th @ Equinox on Street 278

Feedback appreciated...

Good idea... it will be my first to join such meet up... Will try my best to go...

discussion sticked ;)

I just moved here recently as well and would love to meet some new people!  I would be able to join up around 7:30pm?
Becca

We'll be there from 7 onwards so see you @ 7:30 Rebecca.  :)

Matthew
Awesome...I will be there.
I have never been to Equinox, will it be relatively easy to spot you?

Great, look forward to meeting you. We'll keep a lookout for anyone wandering around looking lost. :)

haha, great. Should be fun.

Ok, so I've been getting some private messages and all so just wanted to post an update… So far we have a confirmed 6 people (4 in addition to my friend and I)… Keep them coming.

Also, so you don't have to creepily wander around the bar and glare at random tables waiting for an invitation to come over, you can just send me a text @ 092344110 when you get there.

WEll am not new but,drinks sound good plus i enjoy meeting new people..so id like to join you guys..Equinox is a cool place to meet up,but its on st 278 though :) Ill send you a text Matthew..oh andill bring 1 or 2 other expat friends...

Cheers,
  Maggie:D

Cool Maggie - the more the better, see you there! :)

Thanks, I will text upon arrival.  I really hate wondering creepily around (it gives a bad first impression) so the forethought is much appreciated:D
Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

hahaha Rebecca am with you on that one...lol,lets not wander around creepily :) See you there guys.

Maggie :D

Hi All
Been here for 3 months and 13 days, still counting and still looking for new drinking buddies!
Not sure if there is an age range for attendees, let me know!

Paul, if you have to ask, you are probably too old - jk. :)

I can't speak for everyone but for the 4 people I'm bringing directly the ages average out in the 25-28 range.

cheers... at 34 it might be wise to head over the cheese and wine night at the Intercon then.... ;)

@ Paul,lol..u really think at 34 you are too old?come on :)I hope to see you at Equinox.

Maggie

I am sure that  few people won't like this comment .... but  I am living across from Equinox and it is full of frenchies and anglos.  Doesn't anyone come to Cambodia to meet Cambodians?  we have been here a week and been on several outings with the locals.    Okay ... let the tirade begin ... (if you want to abuse me, go to equinox and look up!)

Well you missed out... 8 of us from mid week happy hour took a boat trip to a floating village and made a bunch of awesome Khmer friends (with a boat may I add)... But then again, they are probably not nearly as legit as the local villagers you meet living across from Equinox.

yep, my comment was just to stir things up a bit.  this blog is so polite!  We actually met local khmei via mutual interests, kun khmer and rc flying machines way out of town, but I don't want to get into arguments about why someone in a village is more legit than someone working in a hotel.  Like saying someone from Ballarat/wagga/port hedland is more Australian than someone who lives in Fitzroy/newtown/fremantle.
but yep, sounds like it was fun

Hi there

Is anyone in favour of having another get together?  I moved here with my boyfriend a few months ago and we would love to meet some new people.  If anyone wants to get proactive and arrange another meeting, then we would be the first there.  27 or 29 July would be fab!

Cheers
Brionny

So met a bunch of cool people through the original happy hour post. Organizing a boat party on Sat with many of the same people - feel free to join. 7:30-1030 @ docks (across from night market)

Hello everyone,

I want to meet English, American power more practice and meet new people....

I do not understand there is an event in the coming days? when and where? thank you for your answer, see you at ;))

Hope it was a great night - another sticky to be removed tho?

I guess so..

thats kind of you, Mat

Hi Matthew & everyone else,

My name is Raj. I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. Coming to Phnom Penh on this coming Tuesday, 8th of March till the following Tuesday, 15th of March. Would be great to have some company and hang out with you guys

Do you guys still do your Wednesday outings?

Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers
- Raj