Covid 19 Prevention and Prophylaxis

Hi,

I found this treatment regimen from Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk VA.

"Prophylaxis
While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a
role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this
cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
• Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID [1-5]
• Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1
month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day. [1,6-9]
• Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night [10-13]
• Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day [14-20]
• Optional: Famotidine 20-40mg/day [21]"

https://www.evms.edu/covid-19/covid_car … .en.140202

moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I found this treatment regimen from Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk VA.

"Prophylaxis
While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a
role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this
cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
• Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID [1-5]
• Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1
month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day. [1,6-9]
• Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night [10-13]
• Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day [14-20]
• Optional: Famotidine 20-40mg/day [21]"

https://www.evms.edu/covid-19/covid_car … .en.140202

Any thing is worth a go. Isolation though boring at times seems to work. Are you partaking in this regime?
I am isolated and watching the the white caps on the ocean after the recent typhoon, boring here but an interesting time south west, my cure? More alcohol, cigarettes and scrub my better half well when returning from shopping, worked so far.

Cheers, Steve.

Been taking everything except zinc lozenges.  With no shipping or deliveries from Manila to Leyte, my supplies are running a little low.  Not crazy about buying local vitamins, too many Chinese counterfeit products.

Things could be worse with the pandemic.  My Filipina has been so sweet, we have been playing cards, watching old movies, and she has been trying new recipes.

I think if I was in the states stuck inside with one of my ex wives, there might be a shallow grave close by the house!!

Rather be here with her than alone in the USA.

Watson's has been selling ascorbic acid with zinc! You need at least 15 mg a day! I have asked GNC in SM Fairview to order 50 mg bottles of zinc! Also 100 and 300 mg tabs of Phosphatidylserine! They said they would ask the manager to do it! They took all my info so hope they will do it! Otherwise I will have my son ship whatever is legal to me!

lasvegan wrote:

Watson's has been selling ascorbic acid with zinc! You need at least 15 mg a day! I have asked GNC in SM Fairview to order 50 mg bottles of zinc! Also 100 and 300 mg tabs of Phosphatidylserine! They said they would ask the manager to do it! They took all my info so hope they will do it! Otherwise I will have my son ship whatever is legal to me!

That is good to know.  Vitamin D3 deficiencies have been found in those who died from CV19, so it is important to take.  Also, Vitamin C is being administered in large doses for those who become symptomatic, and is given IV for those who are hospitalized.

The PDF files of the treatment protocols have graphs showing how complicated the care and treatment can be.  EVMS has already updated the protocols to include ivermectin, a drug commonly used for worms in pets.  Has antiviral properties.

Calamansi is ubiquitous in Philippines, and a great source of Vit C. We drink it a couple times daily, my gf also adds Turmeric and Ginger (both root form) to it.