Interests out of the USA

Curious other than the beach what does everyone enjoy doing while in the Philippines. Im heavy into fitness and my favorite sports are Boxing and American football. love to lift weights concerts comedy clubs etc.I know its similar to america in some respects but what can i look forward to doing out there and which interests that i have in america are foreign to filipinos

Tariq1983 :

Curious other than the beach what does everyone enjoy doing while in the Philippines. Im heavy into fitness and my favorite sports are Boxing and American football. love to lift weights concerts comedy clubs etc.I know its similar to america in some respects but what can i look forward to doing out there and which interests that i have in america are foreign to filipinos

Well Tariq I can only say that all come here for different reasons, the girls, a cheaper lifestyle, climate, Filipino ties (partners) etc. Fitness/gyms here are not the same as western countries from what I have seen but are available. Cable tv/internet will help with sports. Comedy clubs, plenty but be prepared to take a slamming as has happened to me many times in Manila because I was simply a foreigner (stand out) but all in fun.
Honestly I think you need to come here once travel restrictions are lifted and get your hands dirty/taste the flavours and see if it's what you like.
Only from my perspective of 8 or 9 years involved here. Yes it tries to be westernised but the underlying culture, day to day living is simply that for the majority of Filipinos. You either love it or hate it. If you are looking for a cheap country to live in there are plenty cheaper.
Good luck mate.

Cheers, Steve.

Basketball is big here sports wise, many barangays have a public court.  Manny P made boxing a big fan sport here, not sure what is available on a local level.  Karaoke is big in almost every community, and lack of talent is not an obstacle.  Cignal tv, satellite, costs 1000 pesos, $20 a month and shows live the Thursday night Sunday night and Monday night NFL games live on Friday, Monday and Tuesday mornings as the time here is 13 hours ahead of US eastern time, 12 hours ahead during daylight saving time.  NBA basketball games were available live at 7 AM and 10 AM local time almost every day.  Problem was this year Cignal TV and the NBA did not come to a financial agreement, so there were no regular season games broadcast this year.

Basket ball they hate it and boxing spec manok derby ...try eating casava mate ...

Tariq,
Lifestyle is definitely very different than in the US. It is way more laid back in the Philippines especially in the countryside. Have you heard of 'mañana habit' and 'Filipino time'? You might want to Google those terms.
Things to do/interests:
Motorcycling is fast becoming as the thing to do there. There are plenty of wholesome motorcycle clubs and many times they go on group trips across the country. They usually use motorcycles around 300cc - 750cc engines. The regular utility motorcycles have smaller engines (i.e. Tricycle, single).
If you play basketball, you'd be popular on pickup basketball if you are tall, over 5'7". 😂 You would get all the rebounds.
Playing style is a bit different. After the game, you might get invited for drinks.
Concerts happen only in big cities. There is no shortage of good Filipino bands playing pop, rock music in bar/restaurants. You should check them out and pick the genre that suits you.