Mortgage adviser recommendations

I am planning to buy an apartment in Amsterdam, and I need to find a mortgage advisor ( Expat Friendly) I want someone to explain how things work here since I am self employed. The most important things are the quality and time efficiency. I've read some blogs that some advisors  are no able to do their job well so you have took for a new one.  Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm assuming you have a bank account in the Netherlands, so my advice on the best place to start is your bank and make sure you fully understand the niceties of the Dutch mortgage system and whether you can afford to buy an apartment in Amsterdam.  Our Forum has a guide to buying in Amsterdam; this link will take you straight there.

The most important guy as far as you're concerned is the guy who will do the leg work, called a "makelaar"; I've never used one in Amsterdam, but they do have a professional organisation called the "Makelaarsvereniging Amsterdam", who can help you find one; this link will take you straight to their website.

The last point, be extremely wary of scammers, they are all over the place and we have heard of people being scammed on the doorstep of a house they thought they had just bought.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team