COVID-19 measurements in Condo

Hey guys,

Just wanted to hear what the situation is in your condo in terms of SOP..

I stay in a prominent KLCC condo and we are not allowed:

Give access to maids
Not allowed to invite any friends
Not allowed to visit public area
Not allowed to even sit outside at pool area

Is this the same for others? Or anyone knows the actual rules?

Thanks!

I have no idea of general rules issued by the government.

The Owner's Committee through the Management at your condo is fully entitled to close off parts of the common area and limit who comes into the building. In addition to following any government directives or recommendations, they are authorized to make decisions that could reduce the spread of Covid19. Having friends over kind of defeats the purpose of trying to encourage self-isolation. I mean if you catch Covid19 from one of your friends it then puts other residents in your condo at risk. As an alternative, you could visit friends at their place if the rules they have are less strict. Maids tend to move around quite a bit and work in different apartments or condos and they might be less vigilant than others when it comes to wearing masks especially with their friends and therefore could be carriers of infection. So irrespective of what the government rules are, condos do have the right to close off parts of the common area and to limit who enters the premises. Different condos may have different rules.

Also, tenants don't have a say in the matter and just need to follow the rules.

I believe going into shops, restaurants and running in the KLCC park is probably imposing a higher risk than friends and maids you know and trust..

When paying KLCC prices (17K in my case) one would expect SOP's similar to shops, offices and restaurants and involvement of the residences who actually live in the building and pay their salaries...

It's something that you could bring up with your landlord, and perhaps he might be willing to bring the topic up at the next AGM. It's a topic that is creating a lot of issues especially if you watch the USA news channels with people suing local government etc for overreaching their power or taking unconstitutional actions.

Anyway, whatever rules the management is enforcing is for the safety of all the residents and I guess that many of the other tenants in your building are also paying 17k or thereabouts per month. Even if all the tenants refuse to follow the rules, the security guards will still do their job and follow the management's instructions. If they don't then they will lose their contract or the guard at fault will lose his job. And, the amount a person pays in rent has no relevance in this matter.

For shops, restaurants and offices that remain open they are likely following the government regulations, but don't quote me on that.

Every condo will have it's own SOP when it comes to the measures they take. Usually for something as important as Coronovirus the owners will call for an EGM and discuss the rules that they want to Management to enforce. Once it has been voted upon it then becomes the new rules and has to be followed by everyone. And I am sure that the Management and Owners Committee will not want to unnecessarily inconvenience the residents any longer than they have to.