How Is Sao Paulo With COVID-19 Lockdown For Foreigners

Hi,

I lived in Sao Paulo last year for about 8 months.

I want to return this year, but with the COVID-19 Virus, i'm wondering how it currently is/will be in the next few months there. So a couple questions for those who are currently in Sao Paulo that know these areas: Jardims Americas, Jardims, Avenue Paulista, Moema, Ititam Bibi, around here.

I heard face-masks are required in public now, which is great. Because we don't have that here in the USA currently. Also, I heard more people are taking it seriously than other western countries.

Any advice/thoughts would be nice, thanks!

"SP predicts the arrival of coronavirus in 100% of the municipalities by the end of the month."

"Currently, the occupancy rate of ICU beds in the state is 69.1% and in Greater São Paulo 85.7%. According to the Secretary of State for Health, José Henrique Germann, the drop in the occupation of beds was motivated by the opening of new beds in the system. The discharge of hospitalized patients was pointed out as another factor for the decline. Still, 9,535 patients with confirmation or suspicion of Covid-19 remain hospitalized in wards or ICUs throughout the state.

São Paulo has 47,711 cases and 3,949 deaths confirmed by the disease. There have been 206 new deaths in the last 24 hours, a 5% increase over the previous day. After reaching 53% last Sunday, 10, the rate of social distancing fell again in the state of São Paulo. On Monday, 11, the rate was 49% n Greater São Paulo and 47.8% in the state."

The above are from SP and  El País, news

Borders remain closed.
People in SP just fighting all health concerns placing others in harms way.
No new a specific areas. Will let those in SP advise.

Moderated by Loïc last week
Reason : Please, do not share biased or false information.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

What borders? No false info. You check the PF and The Ministry of Health sites

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil (April 29, 2020)

Event:  Extension of Air Border Closure and Commercial Flight Update

On April 28, Brazil extended the current ban on foreigners entering the country by air for an additional 30 days (through May 28).  Those in the following categories are exempt:

·       Brazilian citizens, born or naturalized

·       Permanent residents of Brazil

·       Foreign professionals employed by a non-governmental aid organization recognized by the Brazilian government

·       Foreign officials accredited by the Brazilian government

·       Spouse, domestic partner, son or daughter, father or mother, or caregiver of a Brazilian citizen

·       Any person whose entrance into Brazil is deemed by the government to be in the public interest

·       Travelers in transit in one of the following categories:

o   Cargo delivery

o   International passengers making a connection who do not leave the international transit area

o   Passengers required to disembark for aircraft refueling or repairs

o   Flight crews

The announcement does not prevent individuals from departing on commercial flights

Still think it is fake news?
The Secretary of Health of the State of Sao Paulo, Jose Henrique Germann, reported that, as of Tuesday, May 12th, the state had recorded 1,580 new confirmed Covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours, an increase of 3.4 percent to 47,711 cases.

In a press conference at the Palácio dos Bandeirantes, the secretary also reported that between Monday and Tuesday, 206 people died because of Covid-19, an increase of 5.5 percent.

Hi Essxiv,

I´m a São Paulo resident and I live near Paulista Avenue area and I drive around Itaim Bibi and jardins often.

Do you remember how  Sundays afternoons look like? So we are now in a kind of eternal Sunday. Most of the stores, restaurants gym and shops are closed. People are wearing masks on the street but its still possible to see couples and people jogging (with mask) children and dogs going for an afternoon walk and ppl going grocery shop. Most supermarkets are offering alcool at the entrance and people are respeting the quarantine. Our mayor, Bruno Covas, is considering lockdown if isolation rate is lower than 55%.  Last week  it was implemented an expanded and more restrictive traffic control throughout the city. From Monday (11), cars with even end license plates will only be able to run on even days of the week and vehicles with odd ends, on odd days.

Quarantine will last until May 31th

Be safe ;)

Gaby_Maspa :

Hi Essxiv,

I´m a São Paulo resident and I live near Paulista Avenue area and I drive around Itaim Bibi and jardins often.

Do you remember how  Sundays afternoons look like? So we are now in a kind of eternal Sunday. Most of the stores, restaurants gym and shops are closed. People are wearing masks on the street but its still possible to see couples and people jogging (with mask) children and dogs going for an afternoon walk and ppl going grocery shop. Most supermarkets are offering alcool at the entrance and people are respeting the quarantine. Our mayor, Bruno Covas, is considering lockdown if isolation rate is lower than 55%.  Last week  it was implemented an expanded and more restrictive traffic control throughout the city. From Monday (11), cars with even end license plates will only be able to run on even days of the week and vehicles with odd ends, on odd days.

Quarantine will last until May 31th

Be safe ;)

Wow! Quarantine ending May 31 and resuming work is a little scary. A little too early... It could last
until Christmas ends in December according to this...

https://br.noticias.yahoo.com/surto-cor … 32059.html

robal

Of course with Guedes warning of Brazil´s economic collapse in 30 days, Bolsonaro is somewhat forced to open the economy like what Trump is doing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brazil-gover … 59641.html

robal

According to Folha's Café da Manhã podcast this morning, the governor of São Paulo is saying that more stringent measures are not off the table, based on the rate of new infections.

Yeah, I saw that with one news coverage today.

I am curious about what is defined as "domestic partner" of a Brazilian national... I have a Brazilian partner - we were about to get our marriage certificate done in a cartório before the country locked down... So I don't have any paperwork to prove our partnership. Does anyone know what the border are asking for at Guarulhos airport to check your reasons for entering the country? I'd like to enter Brazil to be with my partner and his mother at this time, but don't want to be turned away at the border.

I've tried writing to the Brazilian consulado geral in London but they didn't reply...

Even with certificate, all would need tourist visa entry (borders are closed). Once in brazil you will need to go to PF and have all documents translates and legalized. (One of the documents would be the cert. notarized by cartorio.

Hi
You shall ask your partner do a Declaration of Stable Marital Union.
Names, ID, date when start the union, 2 witnesses. It shall be signed by the partner and 2 witness on notary here Brazil after it shall be sent you to sign too, you may sign presence brazilian embassy there. She shall do a Declaration of responsibility  maintenance too. After request a application to Temporary Visa by family reunion.

Hi
You shall ask your partner do a Declaration of Stable Marital Union.
Names, ID, date when start the union, 2 witnesses. It shall be signed by the partner and 2 witness on notary here Brazil after it shall be sent you to sign too, you may sign presence brazilian embassy there. She shall do a Declaration of responsibility  maintenance too. After request a application to Temporary Visa by family reunion.

The main problem is the closed border.
If the embassy has a good wish, they may accept it by email just recongnized by notary here. Some PF stations here are doing some essencial works

Dont need translate, ask your partner do it in portuguese

Once you are here, you shall go to PF just to record your presence here within 90 days.
The documents are other thing.
Before you leave there your documents shal be stamped by Apostille of Haya. Once you are here, this documents shall be translated by Tradutor Juramentado and registred on notary, it is not done on PF.

Thing to remember is you will need to enter with the visa/waiver. You will need to begin the CRMN process. (Permeant resident)
You will need Police record for the last 5 years and all listed on the Consulate/Embassy website. Get all these document in order and processed now. It is harder to do in BR and would cost more.
Technically you are not a partner yet, therefore you may have issue with the PF at the airport. I do not know how a copy of the un-notarized Stable Union will work at the airport, or even the airline coming to BR.

If emergency order is not extended, check the restrictions.. You may be able to enter, so have documents prepared.

The post before It is valid to Permanent Visa and it is issued by Ministry of Justice from Brazil, then it is take more time. The Temporary Visa by family reunion is issued by embassy abroad, it is more quickly issued. The Declaration of Stable Union may be done in Brazil by partner and notarized on Brazil notary in portuguese.

Both parties need to be present at our cartório.
Now that the cartório here has my signature on file they can notarized without me, but not sure in SP would be the same.
Questions exist:
You state: "I have a Brazilian partner - we were about to get our marriage certificate done in a cartório before the country locked down... So I don't have any paperwork to prove our partnership."
I read this as you have not legalized the marriage, therefore my question as to PF accepting such at the airport.
If the border opens, no issue, but if it remains closed would hate to be told no at the airport.
Where did the marriage take place?

Yes exactly, I really don't want to be refused at the border. We have been together for about 8 years, but our marriage has only been a ceremony with family and friends. The paperwork side of things was going to be done at the cartório but then lockdown happened and I had to return home to London. I don't want to get permanent residency, I just want to be able to cross the border. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens with the border ban. Does anyone know if Brazilians are able to fly out of Brazil while the ban is in place?

"Does anyone know if Brazilians are able to fly out of Brazil while the ban is in place?"
There are fights from SP and Rio currently to the US. Limited to EU. As for domestic flights, that is hit and miss from various cites.
In Foz we have one flight. GOL announced resumption of 1 fight to Foz next week.

essxiv :
Texanbrazil :

"SP predicts the arrival of coronavirus in 100% of the municipalities by the end of the month."

"Currently, the occupancy rate of ICU beds in the state is 69.1% and in Greater São Paulo 85.7%. According to the Secretary of State for Health, José Henrique Germann, the drop in the occupation of beds was motivated by the opening of new beds in the system. The discharge of hospitalized patients was pointed out as another factor for the decline. Still, 9,535 patients with confirmation or suspicion of Covid-19 remain hospitalized in wards or ICUs throughout the state.

São Paulo has 47,711 cases and 3,949 deaths confirmed by the disease. There have been 206 new deaths in the last 24 hours, a 5% increase over the previous day. After reaching 53% last Sunday, 10, the rate of social distancing fell again in the state of São Paulo. On Monday, 11, the rate was 49% n Greater São Paulo and 47.8% in the state."

The above are from SP and  El País, news

Borders remain closed.
People in SP just fighting all health concerns placing others in harms way.
No new a specific areas. Will let those in SP advise.

Borders are open, please look up your information before providing false info online..

sorry to pop your bubble. check with your local itamary in regards to if you can come to brazil. lol

Texanbrazil :

"Does anyone know if Brazilians are able to fly out of Brazil while the ban is in place?"
There are fights from SP and Rio currently to the US. Limited to EU. As for domestic flights, that is hit and miss from various cites.
In Foz we have one flight. GOL announced resumption of 1 fight to Foz next week.

yea really depends on the country your going to and what restrictions they have in place , all of which you would want to coordinate prior to booking any trips. trust me if this all wasnt going on i would be visiting my friends in curitiba and having a few banheisens right now lol

Thanks for the advice. I think I will just wait a bit longer and see what June brings... Fingers crossed.

Good evening, to everyone.  I wanted to provide what information I have as a pay it forward.  I am married to a Brazilian but also work in the US and travel back and forth.  I got stuck here and was in the process of completing my Permanent Residency here and was turned away from the PF.  They are no longer processing ANY requests for foreigners unless the circumstance is dire or an emergency and you have to have an appointment.  I was so worried because I only had 90 days to get the PR entered.  I emailed the superintendent of the PF because for the PR no appointment is required and you are to just show up between 8 and 3 and someone would see you, normally.  They superintendent did respond and advised because of COVID-19 that all cut off times had been extended until the PF is able to open for normal operations, if you are already here. 

I realize our situation is different but I hope this information provided some direction.   I will provide the information I received regarding this.  Again, I realize the situation is different but does provide some direction about where the Federal Police are right now and what they are doing and what they are not doing.  Best wishes to you.  My apologies for the long post.

'A Polícia Federal em São Paulo informa que em razão da pandemia de COVID-19, transmitida pelo Novo Coronavírus, passou a trabalhar em regime de restrição de atendimento presencial para colaborar com as medidas sanitárias estabelecidas pelo Ministério da Saúde.
Assim, desde 24/03, todos os atendimentos relacionados ao registro migratório, incluindo entrega de carteiras, estão limitados aos casos de extrema necessidade comprovada.
Desde 16/03/2020, todos os prazos migratórios foram oficialmente suspensos. Dessa maneira, a Polícia Federal entende que a situação migratória em que o visitante ou imigrante se encontrava naquela data será prorrogada até o final do restabelecimento dos prazos, que será amplamente divulgado no momento oportuno.
Por não haver data certa de retorno às atividades normais, a agenda permanecerá suspensa até segunda ordem."

Atenciosamente,

Núcleo de Registro de Estrangeiros
Delegacia de Controle Migratório
Superintendência Regional em  São Paulo