Business investment

Hi everyone.
I've been in a long term relationship with my now fiancé in Santiago. No, this is not the gringo falling for the young sexy woman horror story-she is a mature, established professional-we've been blessed and our prayers were answered.
I have an import business in the U.S that I'll be bringing with me, although I can still do this in the States. We are also looking at purchasing a business to shore up our retirement income-we both have no desire to live lavishly but to do occasional travel abroad. She has her own home so I don't have that expense.
Now my question... any experience or input with regards to owning a business and employing local labor to operate?

Welcome to the forums.   I am a business owner here and have consulted on many others.  It is totally different than you think it is or should be.

Labor laws here are one of the few sets of laws fully enforced! Be  very careful. Make sure you set everything up properly and legally from the start!

Happy to help you if needed, happy to share my experience and some basic advice! 

Make sure to incorporate properly based on what it is you want to achieve.  Make sure you to understand what is going on.  Tax filings, accounting reporting etc etc can be overwhelming here.