Lockdown: Flights to VN or KH for Americans

Hi, Came to KL on March 10th from Hanoi, with a 12 months Retirement Visa for VN and 12 months multiple entry retirement Visa for KH. Been locked down in KL Sentral and ready to return to VN. Was in a Hotel there and left laptops, clothing, important papers, etc.

Any advice about exiting MY and entering VN or KH is appreciated.

It doesn't look hopeful until June.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Transp … er-control

Prior to Wednesday I'm going to attempt to ride train/bus from Kuala Lumpur to Thailand then transfer via train to Bangkok then to Poipet or another border to enter Cambodia where I maintain an apartment. Will post updates.

I know they are stopping people on the roads, and of course there are few flights. Do they stop people in buses and trains? I have no idea. Since everyone knows that you are not supposed to leave, someone selling you a ticket is probably cheating you since there are no refunds.

You wouldnt be stopped at the border but at state lines. Since you have several states to cross before Thailand, sure you'll be stopped.

You have three choices. Stay where you are (recommended), apply to the police for a travel permit, apply to your embassy for help to leave. If somehow you can get a ticket and are subsequently stopped, that bus or train isnt under any obligation to get you back home and youd be stuck somewhere or buy another ticket back to KL Sentral. The police deny most permits, you are only allowed to travel for emergencies. Your embassy however doesnt care your reason, you being a citizen is enough.

I looked at the date of your post and it looks like mine is too late to be helpful but if you wound up back in KL at least you will have info to share about the experience and see what to do next. If you got out, well, bon voyage.

Still in K.L., No Police Permit available. Bus station closed and "friend" didn't want to drive that far.