Causeway Reopening

Any idea when the Causeway between Bahrain and KSA will reopen, and what will be the constraints imposed by each country on entry?

Will daily commuting remain viable, given that 14-day quarantine restrictions may continue to apply? As with so many others, I live in Bahrain and work in Saudi, and prior to the current situation used to commute on a daily basis. I am hearing that this may no longer be allowed or feasible.

Not sure when it is going to open. It's not likely to be anytime soon.  And yeah, it is likely that there will be quarantine periods coming in and going out of the country.... So daily travel might not be feasible initially.

Thanks, XTang. I guess we need to plan ahead and decide if the family should return to the UK for the upcoming school year, and I relocate permanently to Saudi.

Yes that would be best in the short term.  Eventually it will normalise but I just don't see free border movement until the virus is truly eradicated via a Vaccine.  Till then, they will in all likelihood be putting people in quarantine, maybe shorter one with better testing, but, that still means that daily travel would not be a possibility.  And even that is sometime off; Saudi is expected to reach its peak in June.  And from what we know from around the world, its around a month or so after the peak, when limited international travel is allowed.