Getting a work permit as a freelancer

Hello,

I am currently an employ of a company here in Belgium and I have a new single work permit. I am thinking of going freelance but I still want to live in Belgium. Does anyone has experience with this? Is it even possible? I have heard of professional card, but also heard that's quite hard to get. Another option would be to create an umbrella company and hire myself, but I am not sure if this is even possible or how costly it will be.

I live in Belgium and work in the Netherlands, I have a limited company and a vat number, if you want to live there permanently you would have to register with the town hall,

Hi!

I am in the same situation. Have you resolve the issue? I would like to know where to check to apply.

Thanks.

@phipiemar,

I have searched similar situation using search option in the form and i didnt get it.
on every post, i found your comment to search "using magnifying glass" but there was no answer.

This is a form to discuss and to help people in need. Like i am in a similar situation and have to opt for Umbrella company where i am going to get paid three times lesser than my actual billing.

If there is any way of getting professional card and leaving that umbrella company and get deserving hourly payment then it would be helpful and the we would be grateful for your help.

I apologise if I sounded harsh but i have spent three hours already dealing with magnifying glass but didnt get any guidaince.

trio, Kayoti_Roadrunner, Bolgsven,

Few words for IT sector and case when you need a resicande permit embedded into prof card.

the major issue is to find a first contract and a customer who will be wiling to want up to 6 month (max prof card processing time) before you could actually start working on this contract.
It has to be contract with decent fee. The copany how is giving this contact must be relatively big and stable. The longer your contract the more your chances. I applied for prof card with a contract with a stratup and got proffesional card for 1 year only, becouse people on prof card services decided it's too risky.

Ideally is ask your current employer for a new freelance contract. But this is rather rare possbility to get this I guess.

As far as I know umbrella companies is not legal in Belgium. I talked to some of them but they do not provide any kind of support fo residence (like work card).

If you have any quesrion pls ping me in private.