Looking for a place to rent.

Hey all, i'm planning to move to KL in the near future.
Would love to get some opinions of those who have gone through the process in KL.

These are some of the questions i have:
1.What platform should i use to find a place to rent?

2.What are some of the challenges that you faced in the process?

3.How did you decide on the place you rented?

4.Who do you look for when there are issues that arises in the place you are living in?

5.How do you meet new people and make friends when you first moved here?

I am also planning to stay in KL for about 6 months, so looking for a place that is fully furnished preferably.

Thanks guys...

Hello Bryamlim1002 and welcome to expat.com :)

If you're looking for a place to rent, you could use our House Section in Kuala Lumpur and find an accommodation that will suit your taste ;)

As for the other questions, I'm sure ou expats will have an answer to share.

Wishing you a great say.

Regards.

Loïc

Hi Bryan,

1. Your profile shows that you are Malaysian, so probably you know all the platforms to find a property to rent such as iproperty, star property & property guru etc.

2. No challenges. Malaysia has an oversupply of property.

3. Mostly I bought properties rather than renting. I bought condominium apartments in strategic locations with good facilities such as pool, mini market, cafe, gym etc and which were close to shopping malls, restaurants and transportation.

4. You should initially speak with the agent who found the place for you. The agent should speak with the owner to solve any problems with the property. As a last resort, speak with the management of the building who will fix anything that is considered within the common area belonging to the building and not part of the apartment that you are renting.

5. Meeting people is easy in Malaysia.

If you are only staying for six months and need a furnished apartment then you'll need to speak with the property agent. My own apartments require at least a one year tenancy and they are all furnished, so I am sure you will find furnished apartments very easily. For the six month tenancy, due to the Coronvirus and oversupply, you may find it quite easy to find. Just tell the property agent what you need.

The above property websites are full of listings by property agents so just contact any of them and they will help you.

@Bryanlim1002
Hi Mr Bryan,

I am Mr Hidayat, a local Malaysian. I am renting out my apartment unit in Kuala Lumpur.

[moderated: please post in the housing section]

Thank you

Regards,

Mr Hidayat
Closed