Stimulus Check

I'm married and claimed with V.A. and get flat rate monthly disability pay. I haven't needed to file taxes since 2003 as I'm rated 100%. I haven't received any stimulus pay. Can someone tell me if they are in the same situation and status I'm in. Again, my wife is claimed with me and we have no children. We live in Manila.

Hi markgottawinner
You are grouped with SSA like me and they're suppose to start sending to us starting around the 24th! Do you have direct deposit and receive your benefits on a debit card or straight to your bank account? If so you probably just in waiting mode! If not be sure to update your banking through the portal provided.

Is your wife a US citizen?  Does she have a social security number?

Hello,

Go to the IRS website and fill out he tax form for this last years taxes, even if you don't owe any.  When you are done you will have listed your SSS number, current address, etc.  If your wife has a US SSS number then she will be eligible also for the refund.  File the form online and they will reply that it was accepted or rejected.    A lot of expats have not received any tax refund yet.

Good luck.   RAC

I got my tax refund today! Yippee! Less then a week since I filed! How can that happen but it did!

I have not received my deposit yet.  Tonight (26th) I checked the "Get My Payment" IRS website again.
Last week it told me that I qualified and to what account it would be going to.  Today it said what day it would be deposited and for me that would be the 4/20.

Any expats in Philippines get a stimulus deposit and you have an ACR-I card?

The stimulus money is for American citizens, comes from the US government and has nothing to do with ACR-I cards or the Philippines.
If you are a US citizen, paid taxes or aren't required to file taxes or you collect Social Security or get VA benefits you will get the money provided they know how to get it you and you don't make a zillion dollars.

That is what i've seen too! But on IRS.gov site they say if you reside overseas and have any kind of Alien registration you are not qualified

if you filed your taxes using the 1040-NR you are not eligible

I receive both VA pension and SS . No stimulus payment on either of those direct deposit accounts yet. Maybe tomorrow - 27Apr2020...

robal

robal wrote:

I receive both VA pension and SS . No stimulus payment on either of those direct deposit accounts yet. Maybe tomorrow - 27Apr2020...

robal

Check the "Get My Payment" IRS website.  It should tell you, if and when.

lasvegan wrote:

if you filed your taxes using the 1040-NR you are not eligible

Why in the world would I file a 1040-NR?  Having a residency visa in a foreign country does not mean you file a 1040-NR.  An example of a non-resident alien is someone who is living in the US and has not gotten a green card during part or all of the tax year.  If a couple filed jointly and one or both of them filed a tax return and one was a NR then they would not be eligible.

AaronAardvark wrote:
robal wrote:

robal

Check the "Get My Payment" IRS website.  It should tell you, if and when.

I did a few days ago. Info not available. The site stated that VA and other SSA recipients will receive later because IRS is still updating the service with those agencies.

It´s got to be out this last 4 days of April....

I agree! I got the same reply from others on this site saying the same thing!

Same here, I checked a few days ago with no joy. Today, it says the date and bank account of estimated deposit.

tm142000 wrote:

Same here, I checked a few days ago with no joy. Today, it says the date and bank account of estimated deposit.

Good for you. I checked today Tuesday and nothing yet.

robal

ditto

Hello everyone,

Please note that some posts had to be removed.

Thanks,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

hey
I got my deposit date info! So SSA data should be available

lasvegan wrote:

hey
I got my deposit date info! So SSA data should be available

Great News!...sincerely happy for you buddy!!!!
Yippeeee

:D:D:D

Ok. I´ll check mine later this afternoon!

Got mine Monday