Corona Virus found at Bronx Zoo

Several lions & tigers have contracted the Corona Virus from a Bronx zoo employee. On the same note, two cats in NY have tested positive that live in the same household as a positive pet owner.

Now as I sit on my balcony, the children are gone, the adults are gone, but lots of Dogs & Cats are running all over the neighborhood.

Dogs & Cats should have been off the streets years ago, I see so many pregnant and malnourished animals. Now for you responsible pet owners how are you going to meet the needs of your pets? A cat can live indoors forever, but Fido would be a problem.

Back where I come from, pets had to be licensed and neutered, strays on the street were picked up by animal control.

Here the extra dogs get eaten.

mugtech wrote:

Here the extra dogs get eaten.

The largest pork processor in the US has closed down, due to employees having the virus and healthy employees not reporting to work in fear. The price of pork has dropped for the farmers, the price of pork has risen for the consumer.

Now if the virus can spread from human to animal and visa versa, how long it it take to see pork, chicken & beef removed from the food chain. By either workers not going to the processing plants, or the virus in the food supply?

Your comment reminded me of a story, let me entertain you:

A newsman was traveling and saw a pig with a wooden leg, so he stopped to interview the farmer. The farmer explained: Our house caught on fire, the pig left his pen and woke up the whole family saving our lives. Sometime later, the pig was scratching dirt and up came oil,  our family became php billionaires.

Then the farmer replied, a valuable pig like this, you don't eat all at one time.