What is the process of opening a recovery home in Colombia?

Hi everybody, so I'm very interested in opening a recovery home for plastic surgery in either Bogota, Medellin, or Cali. I'm from the US and took part in medical tourism in Colombia myself and this is something I really want to do, just don't know how to get started. Does anyone know the process of opening a recovery home or know which direction I should go to get it started?

Alex30249 wrote:

I'm very interested in opening a recovery home for plastic surgery in Bogota, Medellin, or Cali. I'm from the US and took part in medical tourism in Colombia myself and this is something I really want to do, just don't know how to get started. Does anyone know the process of opening a recovery home or know which direction I should go to get it started?

Dear Alex,

Something like this you don't just get started.  You need a complete plan and financial backing or a way to get it before you can reasonably proceed.  You need Spanish language skills .. the wherewithal to contract with doctors, nurses, employees .. knowledge of how to obtain medical/licensing permits .. and knowledge of how to deal with a thousand details in a foreign country.

Preliminary work also includes surveying the population of potential patients .. and knowledge of how existing facilities in this field are currently and successfully operating.

Since, according to your profile, you are in Connecticut, you may not even have the right to enter Colombia for the foreseeable future, depending on travel restrictions during the covid era.

Someone successfully opening such a medical center or "recovery home" would no doubt have one or more Colombian partners who have deep pockets and-or a record of success in the medical-facilities management field.

If you post again, please tell us whether you speak fluent español, whether you have ever undertaken a project as ambitious as this would be .. and what fund-raising abilities you might possess.

cccmedia