New member - Living the dream

Hi,

My name is Helen and I'm from Bristol, UK. My husband (Adrian) and I relocated from the U.K. to Vinhó in Central Portugal Jan 2020. I handed my notice in at my job and on our small rented flat and jumped on a plane with an abundance of optimism and a bag full of nerves!

We left the U.K. with a couple of suitcases and never looked back. We had a very limited budget but found our dream home in a tiny village in Central Portugal. A 3 bed house and garden with beautiful views of the mountains. I started my blog to help other English speaking folk who are exploring their dream of relocating to Portugal in the near future. It has a lot of info which may help you, the good and the bad with a little humour a long the way.

This is the best decision I have made in my entire life. We really are living the dream. If I can be if any assistance don't hesitate to contact me.

Bye for now,

Helen.

Hi Helen,

Welcome on our forum,

Why don't you share your blog weblink with us?

Hello,

I currently live in Phoenix, AZ, USA. I am still working full time - for now. I am looking to retire abroad, Portugal has been recommended to me. I joined this forum for information and guidance from others who have done this already. I know I need to go visit Portugal, decide where I will be able to afford to live, and decide if I want to sell or rent my current house in the Arizona desert.

Any suggestions and guidance would be truly appreciated!

2RubySlippers 👠

Hi,

Yes it's a lovely rural village in Central Portugal. Very tranquil.

Thanks,

Helen.