COVID-19 Where is it heading?

News Just In & Closer to home...
Philippines President Duterte threatens martial law-like virus crackdown!
Looks like the Army has been activated!

:o

I have learnt a lot from the current philippine expat team.
Some whom share very deep seated knowledge, which makes this site so interesting for many of us.
One such exceptional individual is PhilippineDestiny
I'd classify him as a "class gentleman"
whom is most willing to share his knowlege & rest assured he is NOT political (give some slack!)...If he leaves we will miss his valued feedback which will be a BIG loss for all of us!!!

How can a research paper be peer reviewed when your peers are made to disappear?

'Shades of grey'...helps get the message across!

:D

We are in very troubled times!..The 'truth' will surface sooner or later!
Problem today is that many an 'idiot' does not want to think first before making quick/nasty judgements ...many whom are group thinkers who have some agenda/$ loss/pride to worry about...We are old enough to see thru all this sheet to know whats going on...so don't make us feel like idiots!
Thanks

manwonder wrote:

We are in very troubled times!..The 'truth' will surface sooner or later!
Problem today is that many an 'idiot' does not want to think first before making a quick/nasty judgements ...many whom are group thinkers who have some agenda/$ loss/pride to worry about...We are old enough to see thru all this sheet to know whats going on...so don't make us feel like idiots!
Thanks

That is not the problem.

And speaking in subtleties is not a solution.

This is about what is behind this place that it allows one side and not the other.

And I have other information that I cannot say here.

Today is the straw.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

This is about what is behind this place that it allows one side and not the other.

It allows neither.

The moment your conspiracy is allowed is the moment the forum has to allow everything else.
Do you think the forum would be of the slightest use to expats if it was full of pro and anti Trump propaganda?
There is a wide selection of political forums that allow pretty much everything regardless of how much truth may be in it, and allow political arguments to thrive and drop into silly insults and accusations against other posters.
A pro-China argument suggesting the US created the virus would go as quickly as pro-Trump, 'China did it' stuff gets dumped.

This is a mutual help platform, not a political site.

Its sad to say...but thats the way it is on many sites.... (hahaha!!!)...people all over still asking about coming/leaving/starting work in May/June (to give you one such example)....aft all the info & trouble people go through to give them a perspective of things going on & the severe damage thats going to come out of all this....yes till we get to the other side and we will!!!

:dumbom:

Covid-19 where is it heading?

I don't know, and TBH, I don't want to think about it. It would just stress me out, which is something I'd like to avoid, because it does lower a person's immunity. 

Last year, I came across the book How to Make Disease Disappear by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee. I followed the suggestions in the book, one of which is to relax, and my health improved. I avoided getting into heated arguments which stress me out.

Where do I think the virus originated? I've read so many articles about it, secrecy, conspiracy theories, etc., such that I don't want to think about it anymore.

But if someone does ask me the question, I would have to say, it's from aliens. Yup. Aliens. Aliens on the other side of the moon sent the virus because they want to clear out the pollution that's blurring their view of our planet by reducing emissions from vehicles. Why would that be my answer? I came up with that answer so that the person asking the question would leave me alone, and we won't have to talk or argue about Trump or the CCP.

How about a short bed time story!
The coronavirus is nowhere near as deadly as the Red Death, but the purpose of this comparison is to recognize the behavior of very privileged people in situations of panic, particularly concerning health. In “The Masque of the Red Death,” the elite created an illusion of control by distracting themselves with an abundance of entertainment, whereas the poor were left outside without any means of protection.

When half of the country died off, Prospero invited 1,000 friends to join him in quarantine. After five or six months of seclusion, he decides to throw an extravagant masquerade ball.

The party was lively until the large ebony clock in the last chamber rang at midnight. The music came to a halt and a mysterious presence appeared. The figure was wearing a mask, which follows the attire of the ball. He was “tall and gaunt, and shrouded from head to foot in the habiliments of the grave.”

The tale ends with everyone at the ball being infected by the Red Death. It was Prince Prospero's arrogance that set him and his guests for a brutal death, despite being young and healthy. Their selfishness aided their own demise. This alludes to the downfall of feudal Europe and the rigid class structure.

Good Night!
:D

Stories written by some drunk from Baltimore.  Wonderful......

This Dec 2019 article was not written by a drunk

https://www.statnews.com/2019/06/11/h1n … ars-later/

Talk about hitting the nail on the head

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Covid-19 where is it heading?

I don't know, and TBH, I don't want to think about it. It would just stress me out, which is something I'd like to avoid, because it does lower a person's immunity. 

Last year, I came across the book How to Make Disease Disappear by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee. I followed the suggestions in the book, one of which is to relax, and my health improved. I avoided getting into heated arguments which stress me out.

Where do I think the virus originated? I've read so many articles about it, secrecy, conspiracy theories, etc., such that I don't want to think about it anymore.

But if someone does ask me the question, I would have to say, it's from aliens. Yup. Aliens. Aliens on the other side of the moon sent the virus because they want to clear out the pollution that's blurring their view of our planet by reducing emissions from vehicles. Why would that be my answer? I came up with that answer so that the person asking the question would leave me alone, and we won't have to talk or argue about Trump or the CCP.

A long time ago I read something about having a trigger word that you would keep to yourself that would trigger a thought that you found calming and allowed you to focus clearly during times of stress.  I choose the word believe. For me, it represented a number of things, a belief in myself, in my dreams, in my abilities, etc. etc.
It was posted at my desk, in my vehicle and on the screen of my phone. For me, it worked well enough that some folks I worked with or knew in my personal life would ask how I dealt with stress and life's little ordeals.  I too, found an improvement in my health, my attitude and the overall quality of my life.  Even relationships improved.  The one thing that did not improve was my tolerance for mean spirited and ignorant people, for those, I simply learned to shut them out of my life.

I am fortunate to be able to share my life with a wonderful woman who also has an inner peace and an appreciation for the simple things in this life.
We are fortunate to have each other and a comfortable home to be quarantined in. We are fortunate to have neighbors, family, and friends who call and check on us, a reliable food supply, water, lights, transport and a peaceful community in which to live.  I almost forgot!  I also have a good supply of coffee.
With regard to the virus and where it is going, my guess would be into the history books. My hopes are that most of us will survive it and the suffering it has caused.  I hope the Aliens are enjoying the view.

Your post served as a trigger and brought a smile.  Thanks and all the best to you and yours.

Agreed guys...'sorry' but the story I mentioned may have been a little "traumatic"!
Btw my 'triggers' would be :
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
“Another way to be prepared is to think negatively"
Sorry again if the story earlier sounded "traumatic" but there is some truth in it & no harm meant!

Have a Good One!

Sometimes for me it is best to take the Second City improv reaction of taking any statement and not refuting it but adding to it.  The "yes and" approach makes life more fun and less confrontational.  Also use the Ken Kesey idea about the Vietnam War, can be used in any situation.  He played a few verses of Home On The Range on his harmonica and then announced "The Vietnam War doesn't exist if you don't want it to."

Btw 'PhilippineDestiny' may have been confrontational (maybe thats just the way he is!), but he did provide many of us with so much other valuable feedback/researched data with loads of other 'stuff' that at least for me was very valuable in evaluating things going on!
Well maybe we are not all 'WIRED' the same!..I have no problem getting 'bashed'  but the end result is I'm wiser for it & sets me doing my own deep thinking!
Just Saying!

TeeJay4103 wrote:

We are fortunate to have each other and a comfortable home to be quarantined in. We are fortunate to have neighbors, family, and friends who call and check on us, a reliable food supply, water, lights, transport and a peaceful community in which to live.  I almost forgot!  I also have a good supply of coffee.

I too feel the same.

It's funny that I found my trigger word from a pillow, which read:
today is all i need to be happy

To my fellow expats, In this time of uncertainty, I think we could all benefit from a bit of positivity.

. . .  And calm.  The other day, I posted on a thread where I stated that I felt safer where I am now, than in the country where I and my family moved from.  Then someone commented that I was "defensive" about this country. So, I tried to explain my point. But in hindsight, I should have just stepped back. I should have just gone to the balcony with my mango-banana smoothie, and accept that I cannot change how people think or act. I think my afternoon would have been a lot better if I did that.

Here's a quote from Rev. Charles Swindoll about Attitude that I'd like to share:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.