Leaving Saudi Arabia

Hi all

I am in a predicament. My company has slashed my salary by 50% (as have yours probably). Since my payment is broken down into 3 components ;transport; accommodation allowance and salary. Already last month the transportation allowance was deducted but now with the 50% deduction it is unclear to me whether the 50% is from my total pay or from my remaining balance after the travel allowance deduction.

Any thoughts on this?

I have also received a message from the South African Embassy/Consulate about Saudia Airlines providing a special commercial flight from either Riyadh or Jeddah to Johannesburg. My company has stated that if I do leave (and they will approve my leaving) Then all expenses are incurred by me;Flight fee,exit (maybe re-entry).

I'm basically just seeking advice on my options. Should I decide to leave, there is nothing concrete put into place,the flight might be on the 21st/22nd April . The other consideration is how to get to either city because I don't have a vehicle and i'm just taking a wild guess here, but I will probably need special permits to travel through multiple cities/villages or towns to my destination.

You are home sweet home by now, assuming you left KSA on 21 or 22 of April 2020 as mentioned on your post.

Perhaps you have some story or lessons learned to share to us on how you managed to go to airport and board your flight either from Riyadh or Jeddah to Johannesburg.