Moving to Singapore - Finance and Accom

Hi there,

Looking to transition to Singapore from Australia in a few months with a new role.

I have a few questions which I would welcome the counsel of this forum on:

1. The total compensation is about $140k SGD. As a single living in Singapore do you think this is sufficient?

2. Would you recommend obtaining a local credit card from a Singapore bank or simply use my Australian credit card in Singapore? The biggest focus here will be to receive points in order to travel between Aus and Singapore

3. As a late 20s individual who isn't looking to party, but simply have a nice standard of living, where would you advocate looking for an apartment/condo?

Thanks a lot,
Tommytt

1. The average Singapore household income is below what you were offered, see https://www.tablebuilder.singstat.gov.s … fId=16788. Given that the average family hasfour members, if that money isn't enough for you as a single, you can only blame your own spending and lifestyle choices.
2.  It is entirely up to you to decide whether the points you receive are worth more than the (inevitable) losses due to currency conversion, foreign usage charges and potential transfers to your Aussie account (since your income is then in Singapore).
3. Within Singapore - all areas are well connected.