Advice on possible work permit rejection due to lower salary - Belgium

Hi all,

I could really use some help here .. I got a job in Belgium and the employer offered me a salary of euro 39k (gross).The employer submitted the single permit application and  visa type D forms and i even got a response from the employer last week saying  that the Ministry of Employment has handled my file and is forwarded to the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

I see the salary offered is bit less than the average salary for work permit (close to euro 43k) .My querry is would this file leads to a possible rejection due to the lower salary offered ?

Thanks in advance
K

nope. You got more than 1505€ per month, so no reason for rejection.
There's no average in salary, it depends where you work, your experience, diploma?, ...

Thanks , I really appreciate your prompt response.
Regards
K

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

nope. You got more than 1505€ per month, so no reason for rejection.
There's no average in salary, it depends where you work, your experience, diploma?, ...

I was living in the past for too long. Do you know when they changed the rules?

About a year ago, afaik the issuance of work permit to non-EU citizen is approved in cases

- For a job which an employer can't hire a EU citizen. There is no requirement of the salary

- High skilled worker which should meet the minimum income of ~42K/year

42k/year (as an employee on a standard 13.92 month contract) would mean 3000€ before tax per month, which seems "reasonable" (a bit low in my opinion for a Belgian high skilled worker (IT, pharmaceutical, ...), but I agree it can be considered as a lot of money for a lot of nationalities, even many belgian doesn't get that!).

I just did read the unique permit rules in Wallonia, and I couldn't find any rule about the salary, except that Belgian laws must be applied (of course).
Which means that the minimum legal salary in Belgium must applied (1505€)
So you can't be hired full time for less money per month that that amount (well... officially...)

Do you have a source/link to share?

I found official links in Dutch.

You can see all categories of work permit B here https://www.vlaanderen.be/arbeidskaart- … -procedure

And if it falls into high skilled worker category the minimum income should be 42,696 in 2020. For nurses or young professionals (less than 30 yo) the threshold is down to 34,156.80.
https://www.vlaanderen.be/arbeidskaart- … eschoolden

Thanks @hoangtrunghieu ,

hummmm, just to make it clear, the link you've shared is only for high-skill worker that do not intend to work more than 90 days in Belgium!

But anyway, I did check it again and indeed, you were right, they did change it in 2018.
art. 16 AGRW -art. 17 AGF -art. 9 AR 9 juin 99 RBC et CG

They are now using the "average Belgian gross salary * 12 months" as reference
So, in 2019, a high skill worker needed to have 41.868€ per year. (people under 30 years old or nurse must have at least 80% of that amount, so 33.495€)

i really appreciate the update @Alexfrombelgium

Thanks for your correction Alex