Accommodation

Hi there,

I need an accommodation in Edinburgh for a few month (May until September, maybe longer) and I'm looking for a room/a bedsit in a safe area (ca. 300,-/month complete).
>
> There are lots of websites but I can't find anything for this period (beginning in May) and it's really difficult to search while I am still in Germany.

Can someone help me?

Yvette

Hi Yvette,I have your same problem. My boyfriend and I want to move to Edinburgh, and we need an accomodation and a job. So anyone with any useful information is welcome!

Hello Nadina,

on www.edinburgh.gumtree.com  you can search for a flat to share. Important is a British mobile number or a British Email adress otherwise most people may not reply. There are also possibilities to search for a job on gumtree, but I would recommend  www.careers-scotland.org.uk  They help you with your CV, searching and applying. Do you have a National Insurence Number? If not, as soon as you have an adress, you should require yours at job centre plus in Edinburgh (www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk).
Unfortunately I am not in Scotland anymore so there is not much more I can do for you.
If I can help with other questions please aks.

I wish you luck

cheers
Yvette

Hello,

You can rent flats for a few months on edlets.com (tel 0131 510 0020) while you look for something longer term. The rates are very good and all bills are included so you don't have to worry about contracts with companies. Edlets have 100s of apartments and rooms, if you put in your dates and say what you are looking for you will be emailed many options from the property owners.

After that I would suggest using gumtree or or of the many long term agencies and going out to view flats.

Hope all your plans work out,

Breeze