Cooking during Corona time

Hi everybody,
just want to know what your preferred homemade lunch, dinner or even breakfast is. And no Vietnamese recipes. My Vn girlfriend cooks for me the Vn food. I've to go out and sit on the terrace with some big bottles of Tiger beer. I like to cook but also to respect all the hygienic measures. Change your knife in between vegetables, meat, fish or clean it and also like using different cutting boards. Sometimes I'm too obsessed and that's the moment that she kicks me out with a coolbox and big Tigers. :D.
Here a little Tuna salad. Not too difficult.

1 or 2 cans of tuna, sardines or mackerel in water or oil.
Drain the liquid and use a fork to cut your fish in little pieces ( still
recognisable ).
1 (2) boiled egg, cut in dices
1 little cucumber, peeled and cut in dices
1 green apple ( granny smith, no sweet apple), peeled and
cut in dices
herbs ( mint, tarragon, parsley, cilantro) finely chopped.
mayo and ketchup and tabasco ( or chilli powder or fresh
chilli ).

Put all the ingredients together in a bowl,  add a little bit of mayo and ketchup, mix
slowly with a spoon. Do your bowl for 30'in the fridge.

Meanwhile, grill your toast bread and cut it in 4 triangles.

Still time enough to prepare yourself a mojito ( white rum
(vodka), mint, lime and ice)

lime ( or lemon ). I prefer lime.

Put your tuna salad on the toast, a few drops of lime, you can
add a little cherry tomato ( cut in quarters), slices of an olive or a piece of
grapefruit, pomelo. In the salad, you can also add capers. Enjoy it with your
mojito.

You could also use the salad for a light lunch. Put some
salad leaves on a large plate, add your tuna mix, a few rings of onion, cherry
tomatoes in halves and a few ( small)potatoes cooked in their peel ( peel after
cooking, if the skin is not so nice )
and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Enjoy it with a nice glass
of wine! Here you could start with the mojito while preparing the salad, and
enjoy your lunch with a bottle of wine.

Bon appetit.

I always cook at home. Even when I go on vacation I get a suite with a kitchen or kitchenette. I am not a chef or in any way an expert. I buy meat. vegetables and fruit I know and over time I buy local stuff I like.

I found these gorgeous bell peppers in Coop. Green, red, yellow and orange fresh and crispy.  Probably from some chemicals. I diced a bit of each and some processed ham.

Mixed it with three eggs. With the burner on lowest setting I waited until the edges were cooked and flipped it over. I immediately threw some processed cheese onto one half and folded the omelete in half.

A few seconds later I flipped the whole thing and turned off the gas. A western the way I like it.

Sometimes I cut open a baguette and stuff it in. Mayonnaise for lubricant add some very thin tomato slices for vitamin C.

A glass of cool water from the fridge.

A couple pieces of lightly buttered toast (semi or sweet) and I don't need to eat again until the afternoon.

You could boil some VN sausage first, cut it up and throw it into the frying pan after you flip the egg.

An elaborate breakfast if you have the time.

My VN wife bought some ground beef, made hamburger patties and froze them.
Again low heat, Cook until the edges are done and the middle pops up. Flip them and wait until the middle pops up again.

When I'm lazy, tired or over worked I chop up some hard veggies, carrots, broccoli.
I throw all that with rice, frozen corn and some chicken breasts or pork into the rice cooker. Eat it for lunch. At dinner time fry it all with some soy sauce.

You can also boil some veggies and when their ready add the noodles and flavour from a packaged soup. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and wait for about 10 or 15 minutes.

A mango for breakfast is just perfect.

Mmmm hamburger
I miss a good burger, not the cheap stuff you get from the golden arches.

A proper burger 😋

I've been cooking a bit more lately mainly since I haven't been to the US since January 4 and was needing some comfort food.

In the last couple of weeks I have made spaghetti bolognese - slow simmered all afternoon - with caesar salad.  My wife loves the salad.  We have now changed it up a bit and make it as a meal some days.  Romaine lettuce of course, caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese, more soft cooked bacon and a soft boiled egg on each.

Hamburgers since I found proper hamburger buns at Mega Market.  They had some skinny frozen fries that fry up pretty nice.

Homemade chips and salsa.  Mega Market has Tostito's Scoops.  They wanted 120,000 for a 300 gram bag of tortilla chips.   Very expensive but I can't imagine something else more expensive and fragile to ship from US so I understand.  So I figured I'd make them.  Had to make the tortillas first, then fried them up.  Then made salsa.  Salsa was awesome.  Chips were OK.  Too thick.  Next time roll them out thinner before cooking tortillas.  Bought a bag of overpriced Tostitos to finish the salsa.

Yesterday made more tortillas to try to roll out very thin and to make more large ones for burritos.  Still came out too thick.  Found a recipe online to make up taco meat seasoning.  Found everything I needed at Big C except found out that chili powder in US is different from chile powder in Vietnam.  Much hotter.  But the flavor profile overall was good for the seasoning.  Made some more fried chips.  Still to thick no matter how transparent I rolled them out.  Finished the burrito filling by eating them two days in a row.  On my way to Mega Market tomorrow for another bag of Tostitos to finish the salsa.  I admit defeat on that one.

Oh, and a big scoop of the fresh salsa into a bowl of cheap packet noodles today really helped out the boring soup.  Salsa is just tomatoes, onions and peppers with some garlic, lime and salt so perfect compliment to the soup.

I do cook breakfast quite a bit, especially now with most of the pho and bun bo places near me being closed.  French toast is a staple for me, fried egg sandwiches with ham and cheese and today was a ham and cheese omelette.

I cook a lot more since the restrictions.  Usually it's a stir fry with a boneless piece of pork, beef or chicken breast -- I hate having to separate food from bones or shells when I'm eating. 

I always add a lot of different vegetables -- carrots, daikon, red cabbage, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, baby corn,  green beans, sometimes mushrooms, too -- usually five or more different ones, and in pretty healthy proportion to the meat.  I'm no longer a big meat eater.  I never really learned to season, so I just throw in random amounts of black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, pepper flakes, soy sauce and a little salt and hope it ends up tasting good.  I usually eat it over noodles, but sometimes I cook with potatoes instead.

When I'm missing American food, I buy a big piece of beef and make either beef roast or beef stew, which I learned to cook when I was a teenager.  I rarely want a hamburger anymore, even good ones.