Relocation To Germany

Hello Everyone!!

I just joined signed up with this great expat platform yesterday evening, and here i am typing :).   I trust you are all keeping safe and social distancing.

My name is Feyisola from Nigeria. I grew up as a baby  in the wonderful hamburg city in Germany. I came back to Nigeria 8 years later. Fastforward to 2017 i visited Germany again. I came to volunteer for an international NGO. I stayed mostly in Leipzig ( It was surreal) I loved the city, musical operas, Meanwhile I had applied in 2017 for German university admission to two schools  but no admission.Applied again in 2019 to five schools but got no admission( maybe i applied late etc). Now its 2020 and i plan to apply again for winter( september) But amid Covid- 19 I dont't know how high my chances will be. should i change my route plan and maybe apply for working Visa in Germany? ( this will surely be post Covid 19 timeframe) Anyone to advice me. I am still young, beautiful and single and ready to learn more, and impact the world. 

Thanks!!!

In the post-Corona recession, finding a job will be even more difficult that getting access to university.
That should not stop you from applying for jobs, though. Once you have one, you can apply for a work visa.
At the same time, keep applying for university admission. Of course it would be best to know why your previous attempts were rejected - do you fulfill all the requirements (incl. language and finances)?

Dear Beppi,

Thank you very much for your encouraging advice.

I will start applying for work as well as keep applying to schools.

I have A2 in Deutch language plus am applying for courses in English Language, I feel the application is competitive. I will not give up though.

To enter university, you normally need a C1 language certificate. And that level of skill is also needed to follow lectures in German. For most jobs that require communication with colleagues, customers or partners, C1 or above is also recommended.

Some of this sounds strange. You claim to have lived in Hamburg for 8 years and only speak A2 level of German?  You say you have applied multiple times to study and were always ejected and speculate that maybe an application was late? How about asking back and finding out WHY your application was rejected. No sense in applying again if one hasn't fixed the underlying problem.  And yes there are requirements and standards to be able to study. And people who assume they will be able to study with English's instruction should first look at the DAAD(dot)de/en website to find out if there is even such a program in their desired field offered. It is not like all programs are offered in English. Plus one should know that not all public Universities are tuition free anymore for non-EU citizens. And one has to put 10,140 Euros/year in a blocked account to pay for living expenses get the study visa.

As far as working, it is very difficult for non-EU workers to get a job and visa unless they already have a degree and highly demanded skills, which include good German for most jobs. The rules in Germany have gotten a bit easier in the last year but again, only for such high skilled people. Being young, attractive and single doesn't help at all. To even mention this in context of trying to immigrate would honestly suggest to some that you might be considering being a sex worker. This is actually legal in Germany if one follows safety and health regulations but one will not get a visa to do this. And maybe this is not at all what you want to suggest but one should be careful of appearances. If one were a successful model, then such attributes would be a plus and might lead to a job if one would find a legitimate modeling agency willing to go to the effort to give you a job and help to get a visa. But being pretty and being a top model are two different things and many of the people in human trafficking are going to present themselves as modeling agencies while expecting something different.

ejected shoud read rejected