Traveling to the Philippines after COVID

Hello,
Does anybody have any reliable information as to when the Philippines will allow foreigners to once again arrive into the Philippines?  Has DFA given any clue?  My wife and i are wanting to move back to the PH.  Thanks!!

You might want to change your profile,  says you are single.  Anything anyone could tell you now would only be a guess.   Might want to wait until October, miss most of the typhoon season.  You don't want to buy airline tickets and then have to move the dates, the communications right now are worse than usual.

Thanks for the info.  Also, i will change my profile.  Thanks again!

I hope it will be before than October. I should travel at beginning of July for join to my wife and son

CarNin wrote:

I hope it will be before than October. I should travel at beginning of July for join to my wife and son

Yes, we can hope.  Coming from Italy will be held against you.  If everything goes well perhaps July.  How long do you intend to stay?  Will you become a perm res?

mugtech wrote:
CarNin wrote:

Yes, we can hope.  Coming from Italy will be held against you.  If everything goes well perhaps July.  How long do you intend to stay?  Will you become a perm res?

I think that now is not only Italy but many countries around the world have same problem. So they should do same to many kind of foreigner included USA citizens but i think that the media and many others persons are  sending the people in panic.

In Italy the things are getting much better even if someone who doesn't know in detail can think different. I'm not sure that this virus is more dangerous of others previous virus and if this virus made more deaths than previous viruses.

I usually come to Philippines twice a year and i stay 2 months with my partner and our son. For now i have to do this way bec i still work in my country.

Hopefully everything will be fine soon

I guess the whole world is waiting for everything to get back to normal. I wish soon!

are American citizens still allowed entry into the philippines?

No. At least not on a tourist visa.

Anyone know if permanent residents of Philippines will be able to re-enter once flights are available or will they be under the same restrictions as foreigners on tourist visas? I am Canadian and have PR status in Philippines. Planning to head back to Philippines once airlines resume flights which at this point they say is May 15th.

I can't find any updates for foreign Permanent Residents on the BI website but found the link below, dated March 18. Not sure if this applies but it seems clear they consider your status the same as a native citizen with regard to entry. As long as they are allowing Filipinos to return you are probably okay, but again there may be exceptions depending on where you are traveling from. A lot could change in a month, since this was published.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/255000-g … n-lockdown

Thanks for replying and for the link. Very helpful! No chance of getting there real soon in any case given the cancellation of flights from Canada. If this virus insanity ends in 5 minutes from now it wont be soon enough.

jwschmidt wrote:

Thanks for replying and for the link. Very helpful! No chance of getting there real soon in any case given the cancellation of flights from Canada. If this virus insanity ends in 5 minutes from now it wont be soon enough.

Probably better off in a Calgary summer rather than a Tarlac rainy season.

I dont recall mentioning Tarlac. Comfortable summer weather wont start for another 6 - 8 weeks in Calgary. Last week the average temperature in Calgary was - 8 deg. C (below zero).

The rainy season in Philippines is just fine. Not so hot. Also, I am in the middle of construction of my house in Tarlac and got to within 3 days of getting the roof on before crews had to stop. I would really like to see the roof on before the rain comes.