Impact Stimulus Payment IRS Site Now Online

Still saying "need more info or do not qualify, for me......."

Texanbrazil wrote:
robal wrote:
abthree wrote:

This guy seriously needs to consider decaf.  :cool:

The guy has children to receive more stimuli so actually he should be taking Valium...

Agree and tell the children as to raising taxes each year to pay for all the trillions.

Nah... They´ll just print more money instead of new taxes - a way to debase the dollar a little like quantitative easing. You pay the indebtedness with soft debt instead of hard...

robal

That´s why a stimulus of 3,000USD per person like what Pelosi was proposing is feasible... But apparently it´s not being considered.

Texanbrazil wrote:
robal wrote:
abthree wrote:

This guy seriously needs to consider decaf.  :cool:

The guy has children to receive more stimuli so actually he should be taking Valium...

Agree and tell the children as to raising taxes each year to pay for all the trillions.

I knew I would get even with my kids and grandkids....lol......I was going to move in with them...lol....
They will thank me one day for the debt for moving in with them nightmarish...lol..
The Powers that be said they have not seen the effect of the 1st Stimulas so that's why the W8, maybe if they checked the grocery stores sakes they would see where the Stimulas was spent...
My Mortgage in Alaska was $1,700  per month....

Yup ....Close enough for Government Work.....Close only counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades....

The Federal Reserve says "Spend" ...I'm in....

Went to check my P.O. Box today to see if the stimulus check already arrived but none whatsoever. Well, snail mail from Uncle Sam takes 14-30 days. I was overly optimistic, so maybe next week...

robal wrote:

Went to check my P.O. Box today to see if the stimulus check already arrived but none whatsoever. Well, snail mail from Uncle Sam takes 14-30 days. I was overly optimistic, so maybe next week...

If it's coming to Brasil take the 30....+ 15.......talvez....

The IRS is still not Processing Paper Returns... All of mines were Paper...

I have the luck of the Gods, going to go check the Brasil Mail site to see if it says "Arrived in the USA,  the last time I checked a month ago...it said "Customs Released" and that was in Sao Paulo the "Black Hole".

Mind one that the "1040s" were mailed in late Feburary and Early March.....it's more like "Sloth Mail" ......
I wonder if they will pass the "Heroes Act Stimulas" today....or will Nastea Nancy muck it up....lol....and the other party say no,no,no...I am cooking pork ribs today.....and beans...lol...

Alascana wrote:
robal wrote:

If it's coming to Brasil take the 30....+ 15.......talvez....

The IRS is still not Processing Paper Returns... All of mines were Paper...

I have the luck of the Gods, going to go check the Brasil Mail site to see if it says "Arrived in the USA,  the last time I checked a month ago...it said "Customs Released" and that was in Sao Paulo the "Black Hole".

Mind one that the "1040s" were mailed in late Feburary and Early March.....it's more like "Sloth Mail" ......
I wonder if they will pass the "Heroes Act Stimulas" today....or will Nastea Nancy muck it up....lol....and the other party say no,no,no...I am cooking pork ribs today.....and beans...lol...

If those are smoked pork ribs put into feijão then that would be an exceptional meal.

"If it's coming to Brasil take the 30....+ 15.......talvez...."

With my luck, that´s a big possibility. I was scheduled for stimulus check mailing May 1st. It´s been 15 days, so others have an idea of the wait.

If those are smoked pork ribs put into feijão then that would be an exceptional meal.

With my luck, that´s a big possibility. I was scheduled for stimulus check mailing May 1st. It´s been 15 days, so others have an idea of the wait.

I got a letter from the IRS in March, mailed November 2019, addressing issues with my 1040x for 2016 and 2018, I had mailed the "New Requested Information" in Feburary 2020....for I has talked to a agent in December about the problem,,,now the Solution is to ger me all my money in a timely manner....like that's gonna hapn.....lmbo

With the current situation the mail from the USA is probably being Sanitized post "Anthrax Scare" then arrives in Brasil where the only thing fast is one's money being taken ......

I took the ribs with a rub of Special Spices (lol) and floured them bad boys, fried them off, then oven basted them with a Secret Sauce and Sesame Seeds , for about a hour, covered them in foil and baked about a half hour....just shut them down, waiting on the other cook to cook the okra, found some nice sweet corn (not the cow corn/lol) salad, rice,beans and the Secret Sauce on the sides.....and to all remember "The Check is in the Mail"   Cuba or Cancun as soon as I ger out of lockdown...

With the current Airline Situation  I wonder who has the contract, I think the mail in the USA moves International from Atlanta, Delta maybe the contract holder and it goes passengers,baggage, freight and Mail...

Wonder if IRS had your CPF and would go quicker???
Mine, have no idea must be in the back office. I mean I get SS, VA disability direct deposit, go figure :dumbom:

Well, our friends at the IRS mailed me a check, in spite of having my bank info.  Arrived at the mail forwarder today. 🙄
I've been sitting on a mail shipment just in case, so it's on its way, and I should have it next week.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Wonder if IRS had your CPF and would go quicker???
Mine, have no idea must be in the back office. I mean I get SS, VA disability direct deposit, go figure :dumbom:

The IRS is Confused Now they are a Entity of ????..The CPF would only make matters worse, there just farting around and I guess everyone is working on the Stimulas, I mean everyone... Lol...
With you Receiving 2 benefits and your wife's ITN 'Your Group" was the last to be taken care of with all your benefits, you have the "Perfect Storm"...as to the controversy of VAD,SS,& ITN from what I have read. It seem the IRS took care of the Lowest Income Filers from 2018, so I came out that chute, then the families, then the vets and SS folks, the folks with ITN spouses were left out for now..yet that may change with the new Heroes Act Stimulas..and my understanding is those folks will be made whole before the end of this mess, tonight the Vote on the HAS(Heroes Act Stimulas) The Red Group Senate says DOA, then the Negotiations, then the wait and as a example to us all you are W8n, it will take Weeks for the HAS to trickle down.So far 148mil served of 180 mil . SWAG the remainder maybe address problems and the kitchen sink...Now the IRS needs to start processing Returns..I read some people filed in February Electronically and No Acknowledgement of Receipt ????  The IRS states the Workforce is also Volunteer and All offices not Functioning at full capacity....like they ever functioned at Full Capacity...that's my 2 cents for Free...

Main Stream Media
3 Trillion Heroes Act Stimulas Simplified...it's at the Senate DOA.....

CNBC: HEROES Act would provide another stimulus check, broader student loan relief.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/16/what-yo … s-act.html

Alascana wrote:

Main Stream Media
3 Trillion Heroes Act Stimulas Simplified...it's at the Senate DOA.....

CNBC: HEROES Act would provide another stimulus check, broader student loan relief.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/16/what-yo … s-act.html

I can think of some vulnerable Republican senators who will also be DOA in November if they let this thing die without proposing a viable alternative.   :idontagree:

"Heroes" is a hard word. They ain't heroes. Not their money! How many gave up contributions? How many gave up salary's which is paid but citizens?
No, sorry I have to disagree on office holders in US. They work for us.
Heroes are those to remember giving ultimate sacrifice ot health care working 25 hours a day. It's like a calf milking momma dry.
I would support an FDR program and putting to work building infrastructure and not giving away paper for nothing. Everyone put to work in health care also.
Sorry...for the rant.

I can think of some vulnerable Republican senators who will also be DOA in November if they let this thing die without proposing a viable alternative.   

I would support an FDR program and putting to work building infrastructure and not giving away paper for nothing. Everyone put to work in health care also.
Sorry...for the rant.

DOA= Negotiations they all want to be reelected so the Demonrat Witch can stock her 35,000.00 freezer with Häagen Das and Ben & Jerry...lol....Gotta Come Harder than Joey boy...lmbo

Big Tex I am in your Camp on that one, put those arses to work the infrastructure sucks hind you know..lol....

They could have given all TP in GOV buildings to those in need and used fingers to know what it is like to give away paper>

abthree, What mail forwarder do you use?

Thx
Matt

Matt
I use US Global Mail. Believe ab3 also, but he will answer.
They have been good. Thru the years

Yep, US Global Mail.  Like Tex, I've been very satisfied with them.  Pictures of everything that arrives, options to open and scan, forward, or throw away.
Paying them once a year is fire-and-forget, and carries a pretty good discount.   Good options and rates for forwarding.   They'll do packages too, but I've never tried them for that, not liking "experiments" with Receita Federal.

I dunno, Griz - she doesn't look like somebody who eats a lot of ice cream.  But she has a ton of grandkids, so maybe needs to keep the freezer stocked for them.  ;)

Texanbrazil wrote:

"Heroes" is a hard word. They ain't heroes. Not their money! How many gave up contributions? How many gave up salary's which is paid but citizens?
No, sorry I have to disagree on office holders in US. They work for us.
Heroes are those to remember giving ultimate sacrifice ot health care working 25 hours a day. It's like a calf milking momma dry.
Sorry...for the rant.

Yep, well said.

I have used DHL and FedEx via US Global Mail many times. No issues, but remember if you sign up add CPF in the bottom address line. For a few years I did not do this and it took longer for delivery's. Now I have no issues. Mine has to go through Curitiba, then a contractor delivers to Foz. US Global rates are less than direct with the shippers direct. You enter the customs info on packages and away it goes. (They do letters customs for you.)
As AB3 said they will scan mail (except CC's, but they send you an email stating such and you place a shipping request.)
All scans come in PDF format and you can save and you advise US Global to throw away.
US Global has an option to deposit checks that come thru mail for you. I have not tried this, but it may save shipping to BR and then you deposit via you bank app or have to mail it again.
I have had checks come and I email (with the scanned pic) my bank(s) if they would accept w/o signature. They do for small amounts.
PS  If you are going to sign up, let AB3 know and he can refer you and US Global will send you an email.

https://youtu.be/620_qtl5I9w
Treasury and IRS begin "Trial Debit Cards" to 4 million...Why issue a Prepaid Debit card unless you intend to "Refill" the card... Lol...

Alascana wrote:

Treasury and IRS begin "Trial Debit Cards" to 4 million...Why issue a Prepaid Debit card unless you intend to "Refill" the card... Lol...

The debit card is for safety and faster access to the benefit. But you hit the nail squarely on the head. I´m sure there will be another stimulus and I wonder if they can just refill the card!

Here´s an information for people married to a foreigner with ITIN:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-2-million- … news_index

robal

robal wrote:

robal

Discrimination. ....They Will get Paid, just a matter of time....

robal wrote:
Alascana wrote:

The debit card is for safety and faster access to the benefit. But you hit the nail squarely on the head. I´m sure there will be another stimulus and I wonder if they can just refill the card!

Maybe the "Wave of the Future".....Why issue the Plastic if no intentions of Refilling.....maybe for those who Recieve IRS Refunds Annually  it maybe the way to go ????.....and maybe it is the start of "Universal Basic Income" :UBI: ..I am thinking humor, in Example...lol....scenario.....a Expat is Mailed a " IRS Debit Card Refillable,  so let's say it is to "Beautiful Bountiful Brasil "  the envelope does not include "CPF" .....Dilema....lol.....Delay....Dumb......

Get Back With Me...lmbo

Universal Basic Income! Just like a previous presidential candidate touted for 1,000USD...
Woohooo! Of course that will only happen when the black raven turns white.

"Expat is Mailed a " IRS Debit Card Refillable,  so let's say it is to "Beautiful Bountiful Brasil "  the envelope does not include "CPF" .....Dilema....lol.....Delay....Dumb......"

Your statement send chills to my spine... You know, I´m supposed to be receiving the check anytime now!

robal wrote:

robal

Well this is news. IRS states anyone which have financial interest or may receive financial interest (Last Testament) must have a SS or ITIN #, therefore spouse applied for ITIN since I could die at anytime.
Now I thought I would be eligible, but spouse would not. I file joint and include foreign income form(s) on spouse, but spouse pays taxes in BR so not included in AGI
Wish there was away to contact IRS for a definite answer, but so be it. I was going to give to charity anyway.

So yesterday, I received an Internal Revenue Service  Notice 1444 (EN-SP), First Class
International Mail... A tax audit? Nope. It´s a letter from the white house with president Trumps signature notifying me that I´m being stimulated to spend through the CARES Act that was passed by his administration. I thought the $1200 was already
enclosed. It´s probably somewhere - on its way and probably a debit card.

So don´t be alarmed when you receive it. Relax and smile.

robal

Nice thing about US Global Mail:  I can have Trump's letter "filed" remotely on arrival.

Hi folks. I'm looking for ideas.

My stimulus check came this week. Yes, it came via postal service EVEN THOUGH the IRS recently (before April 15) took payment of my taxes via direct withdrawal from my checking account (which they have done for the last 5 years). Anyhow, the saga is even more complex.

My bank (name withheld because I think they really just don't know how to handle complex things in difficult times) has an app for mobile phones via which one can direct deposit checks. Unfortunately I cannot get that app here in Brazil as they (and in this case it might actually be federal law) cannot provide that service beyond the borders of the U.S.A. to apparently keep illegal activity at bay. My bank DOES have secure email and the ability to attach any kind of file to that secure email. In attempting to get them to extend the service of allowing deposit by attachment (as they already do for private business) they said that they could not accept a deposit in this fashion.

SO I went looking for Fedex (which has delivered to me here in my city) and the site says that the nearest office is 115 km distant. Now I know that they have an office here in town but apparently it ONLY serves a large Alpergatas plant (which ships Havianas all over the planet).

SO I went looking for DHL. In a "happy moment" the website indicated that Golog acts as an agent for DHL for any and all items sent domestically of abroad. After way too many attempts to call the office before wasting my time going there I did finally get a human. NO, DHL services from my city have been halted due to the coronavirus.

SO I figured I'd have to go the old fashioned way and send the darn thing via Sedex at the local P.O. I have always had issues with that service for 1) it costs too much 2) their "tracking" stops once your items hits the entry point in the U.S.A. and 3) well, the P.O. is only second to banks in terms of crowds of people and I especially hate crowds right now. BUT STILL I figured it is a method that works YET I also figured I had better call first just to make sure that they had appropriate supplies (they don't always) for me to send my check back to my less-than-helpful bank for deposit.

Guess what??? Foreign mail service has been halted "due to the coronavirus."

Well, right about now I could use a couple of Coronas (although I'd prefer Heineken, better yet some Jameson).

I know. The check is valid for a year. Still, the tune that comes to mind is:
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go
"Darling you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
I'll be here 'til the end of time
So you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?"
https://youtu.be/BN1WwnEDWAM

Times are challenging and I'm isolated in my den until this thing lets up BUT given the Brazilian mood to break loose from isolation (ya think they could read about how that works in other places like Arizona??) I'm not so sure we've got light at the end of the tunnel yet.

As mom would say: OK everybody. Put on your thinking caps and figure out how Matt is going to send his financial stuff to the U.S.A.

Ideas?

List of countries which services have been halted:
http://www.correios.com.br/avisos/pdf/L … _05_20.pdf

Matt,

A couple of ideas.   They may have come up before,  but no harm in repetition.   The first definitely requires using a VPN (virtual private network) that let's you show an IP address outside Brazil; the second may, as well.  I think this is a good investment in security anyway.

1. Make sure that your VPN is showing a US IP address.  Change the security settings on your phone to "accept apps from other sources" (don't forget to set it back when you finish).  Go to your bank's website.  Download and install the app.  You may need to use the VPN whenever you use the app.

If that doesn't work,

2. Try changing your location in Settings for the Play Store from "Brazil" to "United States".  This should give you access to the app - and everything else - in the US Play Store, but will close the Brazil Store to you, and you can only change once a year.  If you're not offered the option to change, reboot, make sure the VPN is on and logged into the US, and try again.

One of the membership benefits offered by American Citizens Abroad (americansabroad.org. $55/yr if you're over 65) is eligibility to join the State Department Federal Credit Union.  Formed in 1935 specifically to provide banking services to people on long overseas assignments, expat services are in SDFCU's DNA.  You can join from abroad.  With the banking difficulties you've been encountering, that might be a possible option to consider.

Well at least you got one. No word on mine.
So, you need a US Bank app?
I have no problem with Chase, BoA or HSBC apps all have deposit cameras (I use Iphone)
If android, as said go to MS store and look for app (use search)
Good luck

Texanbrazil wrote:

Well at least you got one. No word on mine.
So, you need a US Bank app?
I have no problem with Chase, BoA or HSBC apps all have deposit cameras (I use Iphone)
If android, as said go to MS store and look for app (use search)
Good luck

STILL?!?!?! wow!  :nothappy:  (insert your favorite Trumpslam here.)

Did you at least get your letter, though?  :lol:

No slam. Just no word and no way to ask about such. Hey for some reason not eligible, say so!

AB3,

Thanks but:
1) have Nord VPN - tried it. No luck.
2) changed settings and rebooted and more. No luck.
3) Never heard of State Department Federal Credit Union but once I hit 65...... will take a look now.

Probably will try a federal representative or two and hoping the note I sent to the Consulate might render a hint of easy help to a citizen.....

Thanks for the ideas and love that AB3 is pretty darned network savvy!

I was scheduled for stimulus check mailing May 1st. It´s now 1month 13 days ago but
received no stimulation from Uncle Donald. I received his letter from the White House though stating I´m being paid the said check... I wonder where that check is now.

robal