Covid 19 in Costa Rica?

What is the state of affairs now relative to this pandemic?

So much is going on, so you would be best to search the net...or the CR news on line.

https://vozdeguanacaste.com/en/mass-lay … -covid-19/https://vozdeguanacaste.com/en/
TicoTime.net
qcostarica.com
news.co.cr

Right now - 04-06-20 - the government is encouraging everyone to stay home. I'm not sure if there are the same laws all over the country or if it varies by "county", but here in San Ramon area there are now curfews in which you cannot drive after a certain hour (10pm?) and you can only drive on certain days based on your license plate number.

As far I have heard most recently heard, only essential stores can be open which I believe are pharmacies, food stores, doctors offices and ? Honestly I am writing this from memory of what I read but I don't remember very clearly. I don't put a lot of attention on it because I am staying home for the next month, or that is my plan.

I do know that as of last Thursday the 2nd when I went to San Ramon there were way too many people, in my view, in the streets and stores. And a certain percentage of people were NOT obeying "social distancing" guidelines.

That said we have one of the lower # of cases here in the San Ramon area.

However it worries me because people are taking buses, going to work, and some are not obeying the guidelines as mentioned. At the supermarket most of the Clients were keeping a distance but the workers would be standing in the middle of an aisle having a 3-person meeting 2 feet from each other. I found that disturbing.

When I saw so many people waiting in line outside the bank - also not keeping 6 ft between them - I decided not to go even though I very much needed to make a deposit. I went home so as not to spend any more time in San Ramon.

Again, we have a very low # of cases so maybe people just feel it's "no problem". But I fear it will be a problem if people keep thinking that way.

People need to stop being afraid of their own shadows!!!!!   If you're not comfortable because of this pandemic, STAY HOME and don't complain about other people trying to have somewhat of a normal existence.

According to the Tico Times " As of June 3, San Ramón ranks second nationally with 40 active coronavirus cases."
So, maybe one should consider if they should put that mask back on...

wny nOMG YU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME..OR YOURSELF..GET. REAL... 1. WHY NOT THROW A CELEBRATION VIRUS PARTY...DUH !

?
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/centra … osta-rica/

People wear masks to protect others. That is what the scientists have mostly agreed upon. You wear a mask to show respect for others, because you do not want others to get the virus if you have it and don't know you have it and cough or sneeze or spit on them by mistake when talking. You can have the virus and not have symptoms, but still spread it to others who may die from it.

This is also why you should not physically contact others by shaking hands or touching each other in any way unless you are living with that person. And you should maintain social distancing of 2 Meters or 6 feet.

This is not a political thing. It is about showing respect for others.

And recent stats have shown that the virus will reduce by 85% if everybody wears a mask and practices social distancing.

Costa Rica's Health Minister who has done a great job so far says you should wear a mask if you are in one place more than 15 minutes. He also says you should practice social distancing in public places.

It seems to me that wearing a mask when you are in public until we get a cure and a vaccine, is very little to be asked to do for your fellow man.

My dad sat and slept in a foxhole in Europe in 1945 after the Battle of the Bulge and was shot at and his feet were frozen while he did his part to help defeat Hitler and free people in concentration camps.
So it seems to me that wearing a mask is very little to be asked to do to help Society, to help others, and to defeat this virus  - our current enemy.