U.S. ECONOMIC STIMULUS PAYMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS

Official Good News for people currently receiving U.S. Social Security benefits, including individuals overseas.

You will automatically receive the $1,200.00 stimulus payment, even if you don't normally file taxes:

treasury. gov/news/press-releases/sm967

G'day, sport - stick another shrimp on the barbie.
Right, that's my American accent sorted so I'll apply for the cash.

I remember the last stimulus so I will wait and see.

might work in Australia  Fed, but I doubt it.  ;)

Don´t you have to apply for it as they are not sending it without your information, that they want for their records.

adson wrote:

Don´t you have to apply for it as they are not sending it without your information, that they want for their records.

Please read the entire thread.

It explains that in almost all circumstances the payment is sent to you automatically, if you have been filing income taxes, or if you are receiving Federal benefits such as Social Security or veterans compensation pension.

If you have not been filing for taxes and you don't fit any of the other categories , then yes you probably need to apply for it and according to what's been written, people in special circumstances will probably receive those checks in the fall sometime.

Sorry I don't have an exact quote for you for that last comment, but if you follow the links that have been provided in this entire thread you can certainly find information on the IRS website that fits your particular circumstances

Apologies.

I forgot this post of mine was in the Mexico forum, where there's been virtually zero activity.

We have been discussing this a lot in the Vietnam forum:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=890736

Recv'd mine direct deposit 25 April

so who have I been communicating with on the Mexican forum?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Apologies.

I forgot this post of mine was in the Mexico forum, where there's been virtually zero activity.

Yes, I posted it there. You can't compare the Vietnam forum with the Mexican forum. Next to all of the spam and other unacceptable posts on the Vietnam forum, Mexico will always seem inactive.

travellight wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Apologies.

Yes, I posted it there. You can't compare the Vietnam forum with the Mexican forum. Next to all of the spam and other unacceptable posts on the Vietnam forum, Mexico will always seem inactive.

Yeah...no.

Not what I'm doing.

My syntax may be tortured but I meant to modify "this post of mine", not "the Mexico forum"

If I caused damage on the ground I'll be returning soon to fix it 😉

PS: You said I can't compare the two forums, and then you immediately did just that.

An impressive superpower...

sort of forced me to respond. "in the Mexico forum, where there's been virtually zero activity"  Obviously I couldn't let that stand unchallenged.
The Vietnam part was your addition, not mine. This is not a contest it's just a struggle for clarity and fairness

Enough said.

travellight wrote:

sort of forced me to respond. "in the Mexico forum, where there's been virtually zero activity"  Obviously I couldn't let that stand unchallenged.

I get it.

When compulsions become obsessive, who can resist?

travellight wrote:

Enough said.

:thanks:

As I stated 'enough said '

So you might want to put the OCD in your pocket before you fall off that ledge. Let it go  :dumbom: .  People can disagree with you and it won't be fatal.

travellight wrote:

As I stated 'enough said '

So you might want to put the OCD in your pocket before you fall off that ledge. Let it go  :dumbom: .  People can disagree with you and it won't be fatal.

Sure.

But I never...EVER...end any conversation by proclaiming that enough has been said.

The arrogance of such a proclamation would insure that any future open dialog about anything  between me and that person would almost certainly be stunted.

It's the equivalent of saying "shut up!"

Hello,my name is Ken,I have lived in Mexico for the past 1 years and before that I worked offshore in the oil fields in Cuidad del Carmen on the Mexican gulf. My Mexican wife and two children have been reported on my Taxes as dependents along with my wife,they all have ITIN numbers. According to the information that I have found,you will not be eligible for stimulus payment if you file a joint return with a person who does not have a SSN. I have since retired in 2015, and that was the last year I filed taxes. I receive my social security in my Mexican bank. will I still get a stimulus payment? asking for information.

KDOUL wrote:

Hello,my name is Ken,I have lived in Mexico for the past 1 years and before that I worked offshore in the oil fields in Cuidad del Carmen on the Mexican gulf. My Mexican wife and two children have been reported on my Taxes as dependents along with my wife,they all have ITIN numbers. According to the information that I have found,you will not be eligible for stimulus payment if you file a joint return with a person who does not have a SSN. I have since retired in 2015, and that was the last year I filed taxes. I receive my social security in my Mexican bank. will I still get a stimulus payment? asking for information.

Hi KDOUL, welcome to expat

I suspect that is correct. But if I were you I would check the direct source link.

treasury. gov/news/press-releases/sm967

(quoted from a Social Security email update)

It's not too late!

Get all the benefits you're entitled to under the law.

A new non-filer sign-up tool is available if you do not usually file a tax return to claim the Child Tax Credit (CTC), and missing Economic Impact Payments, known as stimulus payments.

ssa.gov/coronavirus/eip/