COVID-19 and expatriation in Hungary

fluffy2560 wrote:

Ah Wittering, I remember that place.  One of my GFs Dad was based there. 

If it was a full motion simulator, you'd be into the big bucks and maintenance would be something of a problem.   But owning that, it that would be really something.

It was the full-blown thing; there was no way I could have done what I'd have loved to do.  Assuming I could afford it and the works required to rebuild my garage (and the RAF would sell it to me), there was then the installation and maintenance.  Someone has a MS Flight Sim version, not quite the same though.

Cynic wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Ah Wittering, I remember that place.  One of my GFs Dad was based there. 

If it was a full motion simulator, you'd be into the big bucks and maintenance would be something of a problem.   But owning that, it that would be really something.

It was the full-blown thing; there was no way I could have done what I'd have loved to do.  Assuming I could afford it and the works required to rebuild my garage (and the RAF would sell it to me), there was then the installation and maintenance.  Someone has a MS Flight Sim version, not quite the same though.

We're so off topic,  it's like we're on the Moon. Shifted to Absolutely Anything Else.

Moved to: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 36#4940988

I have to apologize, explosion of Covid was not end of August but mid of September and things in my view will get very very bad. (especially for the elderly, but might as well be (in any case savings on pensions), I am almost a pensioner myself and I have to admit I am scared, as per prior posts we live since March in a voluntary quarantaine and we still do well. The only thing I regret is being in this quarantaine in June/July where probably we could have ...

Now things seem to explode and I am happy that we stocked up (dog/cat food and sparkling water until well in next year). Butcher/wine merchant deliver to the door. Restaurants/concerts/neighbourly visits/chess/swimming/... etc are off the agenda since March (which is really a shame). Hopefully Gas/Electricity/Water and especially internet will continue to operate.
I know some with the disease and of course dying is the worst outcome, but health effects if surviving is also a topic to consider.

To all , please be careful, just 6 or 7 more months and life can gradually return to normal.

cdw057 wrote:

I have to apologize, explosion of Covid was not end of August but mid of September and things in my view will get very very bad. (especially for the elderly, but might as well be (in any case savings on pensions), I am almost a pensioner myself and I have to admit I am scared, as per prior posts we live since March in a voluntary quarantaine and we still do well. The only thing I regret is being in this quarantaine in June/July where probably we could have ...

Now things seem to explode and I am happy that we stocked up (dog/cat food and sparkling water until well in next year). Butcher/wine merchant deliver to the door. Restaurants/concerts/neighbourly visits/chess/swimming/... etc are off the agenda since March (which is really a shame). Hopefully Gas/Electricity/Water and especially internet will continue to operate.
I know some with the disease and of course dying is the worst outcome, but health effects if surviving is also a topic to consider.

To all , please be careful, just 6 or 7 more months and life can gradually return to normal.

I don't see why there's a need to apologise. It's not like COVID19 is on some sort of timetable or schedule. 

I'm almost a pensioner myself but I'm not taking mine just now. I'll wait a few years as there's still possibly new tricks in the old dog.  Maybe I'll get to the point where I've had enough. My interest in continuing working goes up and down.

We are not really scared by our immediate surroundings.  We are taking all the precautions and limiting contact.  We can manage for now easily enough.  I have plenty of things to keep me busy at home either professionally or doing stuff around the house and garden. I'm currently rewiring my shed (slowly).

What I am more concerned about is the change in the weather and season - apart from doing less outside, it's the flu season soon enough.  A flu jab is an easy thing to get and not expensive.   

And another thing is the irresponsible people - one of my local in-laws recently bereaved decided it wasn't worth going on and went on a kind of suicide mission by not wearing a mask, going on public transport, meeting anyone without precautions.  Now that person has COVID19 and probably selfishly spread it to a lot of other people.

What's really screwing me up are the quarantine regulations for international travel.  I need to go to check on my elderly relatives in the UK but now I cannot go as it's 14 days there and 10 days back here.  This is really inconvenient.

Anyway, why did you say 6-7 months for normal life to return?  Vaccine being ready?

Indeed I really hope that there will be a vaccine available 1st quarter next year, perhaps too optimistic, but my mind is set for March next year. Clearly autumn/winter will be a horrible period though.

Good luck, for the period, travelling in my mind I have already cancelled, in the garden just tree cutting and picking some walnuts (for us that is).

We were out walking the dog in the hills behind our house and it was absolutely mobbed.  We can walk there from our places but many people came by car and there were quite large groups of young people - looked like scouts.  The Wildlife Park (Vadaspark) had a large queue to get in and the adventure park was operating fully.   There were hardly any parking spaces.

No-one was wearing a mask and many were not social distancing!

No wonder the number of cases are going up!

BTW, end of October, from 23rd, there's a week of school holidays so traffic on public transport will be down. Perhaps the number of new cases will drop slightly.

Our next door neighbor has a red sticker on the door.
Yesterday when we came home we noticed he had his windows open to the yard. Is that a real quarantine?
My husband told me to keep our kitchen window closed.
We only have one window to the yard, our other windows all face the st. Thankfully!
I had wanted to buy a country home and grow food and have a well but my husband although likes the idea is realiztic too.
Neither of us wants to work the land, at least not hard enought to grow food.
I can grow weeds though.
I think personally I do not wish to take a vax, unless I am forced to do so and then I will decide if I'm willing to be excluded from society or not.
Tesco was insane yesterday.
We walked and did some errands and decided out of the blue to use public transportation to go to Tesco rather then come home and get our car.
Only 2 clerks were open and the self-check out line. People were all on top of each other trying to check out. Masks on though.
I said I'd never buy one but to be allowed in society at all one needs to wear one in public.
Feel so dumb wearing one, I would give a tip on investments, do not buy stock in any lipstick company ATM.
It is all wiped off with that mask on, what a waste.
I have a feeling there will be no one vax for all. probably different mixtures of God knows what,like we all need more heavy metals in our bodies.
My SIL's 86 year old mom passed on a day ago in AZ. Sad that her husband couldn't be with her at the end. They live in a high end senior building with nursing on site ect.  My bro and SIL went to AZ last week and got to visit her mom for a short time before they put her in nursing.
Feel bad for her hubby,we thought he was a goner with his heart transplant and all but you never know who will fall first.
Stocking up on food is a good idea if you have the storage space.
I told my son in Japan to stock up, he is your typical easy going person and said no worries, there is a river near by and rice fields if he need anything. Crazy to think he can just fish and pick wild rice anytime.
If things get weirder I wouldn't mind if the 2 of them come to HU , they they can work the land and my husband and I can watch.
No, really I think Japan is a very safe place, people there follow rules and don't try to buck the system by not following health rules.I'm sure no over there is in quarantine and opening up their windows for all to enjoy.
One odd thing my husband read yesterday on a HU site was about a large number of HU senior citizens who are eligble to sign up for their HU SS benefits are not signing up. The writer contacted SS to see if there was a problem with the system and that's why something like 10,000 people have not allpied for their SS. Where did these people go? Why haven't they signed up to collect their money in the next 6 months when they become of age to collect?  Could have the numbers wrong but he said 10,000 people, in a small country that's alot of missing people...

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I have a feeling there will be no one vax for all. probably different mixtures of God knows what,like we all need more heavy metals in our bodies.
My SIL's 86 year old mom passed on a day ago in AZ. Sad that her husband couldn't be with her at the end. They live in a high end senior building with nursing on site ect.  My bro and SIL went to AZ last week and got to visit her mom for a short time before they put her in nursing.
Feel bad for her hubby,we thought he was a goner with his heart transplant and all but you never know who will fall first.
Stocking up on food is a good idea if you have the storage space.
I told my son in Japan to stock up, he is your typical easy going person and said no worries, there is a river near by and rice fields if he need anything. Crazy to think he can just fish and pick wild rice anytime.
If things get weirder I wouldn't mind if the 2 of them come to HU , they they can work the land and my husband and I can watch.
One odd thing my husband read yesterday on a HU site was about a large number of HU senior citizens who are eligble to sign up for their HU SS benefits are not signing up. ..... Could have the numbers wrong but he said 10,000 people, in a small country that's alot of missing people...

Really you should have the vaccine if it is produced.   I travel (or used to travel) a lot and I very often went to Asia where many of these seasonal respiratory viruses.  Just in case,  I have always kept my vaccinations up to date - even a couple of weeks ago I had my typhoid protection boosted.  I was reading today that the compulsory BCG vaccination (it was aimed at TB-tuberculosis) that we - in the UK - had at school when we were 11-year old kids may have other benefits for other diseases.  If they said to boost that, I'd be first in the queue.  It cannot do any harm to have it.

Perhaps these HU SS people are simply not claiming as they are abroad or intending to take it later.  They might even be dead and no-one told the authorities.  I could take some of my pension now but I'm not going to. I am thinking perhaps I can last another five to eight years of working and add a bit more to it.  That's assuming I can last that long.  The trouble is that if you pop your clogs, they are taking all those contributions and redirecting them to football stadiums, nuclear power stations, right wing fascist university programmes and anti-LGBT campaigns for "Christian values".   Oh, yes, if I'm not mistaken Christianity is based on tolerance - oh yes, tolerance BUT.....jeez, O1G Trumpian morons.....grrrr.....

BTW, collecting rice and fishing are actually very hard work and imagine everyone else doing it as well. Everyone will be fighting over shashimi (yuck, keep it).  One of the Mrs Fluffy family has something like 4000m2 of agricultural land with mainly wine grapes on it way outside down near Balaton somewhere.  I cannot see a single person can manage that without living on the land but there's only the possibility of a shed there.  It'd be a hard life.

BTW, Mrs Fluffy reports that the doubling of medical personnel salaries comes with so many conditions, no-one will sign up to it. 

I think many doctors are going to leave for other countries and do exactly the opposite of what was expected.

Summary was something like - move permanently anywhere at 10 days notice, no private work, no tips and so on.

Well the neighbors red sticker was removed yesterday. Not sure how long it was up.
We just do not like the lying punk, he took advantage of a few of us. That's what we get for trusting the neighbor.
He had my husband and a few other neighbors sign off a form so he could put in a new A?C unit.
I told my husband that's odd, not my business what he des inside his flat.
Well, don't think he ever intended to put in A/C because  for a short time rented his flat out as a sort of B&B, tricked us all.
Just never liked the guy from day one, just  something nerdy and off about him and his ex-wife. He has now gotten remarried to his ex-'s twin from all I can tell. He likes them under 5 ft. tall and over 150lbs!!
His ex was having men over when he was in the UK working, I never saw them but we sure heard them!!
Taking a vax is not something I want to sign up for unless I really have to.
Don't plan on any trips right now although with this wet weather I think a trip to a warmer climate for 6 months would of been great.
My cousin and his family spent over a week in Mexico for his BD. Seems everyone in my family is a Libra. Peaceful, mostly.Not sure how old he is but there was over 19 of us cousins and most are a bit older then me.Seeing their photos online made me miss the ocean some.
Next trip, who knows, maybe to Japan but not really even in the staging plans yet.
I have no real plans to visit Vegas anytime soon, don't think it would be much fun without our boy there too.
Silly us, we got 2 long term storage units there which must be cleaned out someday. Another monthly expense for nada.
We thought perhaps our sn would dislike Japan and want some of his things so we opened a second unit for his junk.
Will probably wind up just giving most of the things away someday.
My husband said that probably those 10,000 or so people died and that's why they aren't filling for SS.
My sister turned 73 yesterday, can't really believe it. Guess we are the lucky ones who are still kicking it after 65.?Well, I have a couple more months t go yet so better not jinx myself!
So off topic , sorry.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Just never liked the guy from day one, just  something nerdy and off about him and his ex-wife. He has now gotten remarried to his ex-'s twin from all I can tell. He likes them under 5 ft. tall and over 150lbs!!
His ex was having men over when he was in the UK working, I never saw them but we sure heard them!!
Taking a vax is not something I want to sign up for unless I really have to.
Don't plan on any trips right now although with this wet weather I think a trip to a warmer climate for 6 months would of been great...

I have no real plans to visit Vegas anytime soon, don't think it would be much fun without our boy there too.
Silly us, we got 2 long term storage units there which must be cleaned out someday. Another monthly expense for nada.
We thought perhaps our sn would dislike Japan and want some of his things so we opened a second unit for his junk.
Will probably wind up just giving most of the things away someday.
My husband said that probably those 10,000 or so people died and that's why they aren't filling for SS.
My sister turned 73 yesterday, can't really believe it. Guess we are the lucky ones who are still kicking it after 65.?Well, I have a couple more months t go yet so better not jinx myself!
So off topic , sorry.

Your neighbours clone wife/GF has a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 so she's not grossly overweight but would be considered obese.  I know how difficult it is to get that weight off.   

Last night I was watching a not bad Netflix movie called Replicas with Keanu Reeves.  If your partner dies or runs off, do what Keanu does and clone a new one and upload the brain snapshot into the blank brain.  Something one doesn't like about the old partner, never mind, just delete it out of the snapshot and overwrite the previous version!   Oh, and who really cares about the consequences afterwards.   

Storage units are crazy.  We had our stuff in storage here and it cost more to store it than put it in a rented apartment.  In the end we moved it all to a room at an old empty house that Mrs Fluffy family owns.  We cannot face going there to sort it all out.  However, we're thinking of going in the coming days.  So much stuff that's useless - two dead dishwashers, exercise machines, car parts, beds and shelves and some large satellite dishes. Who uses those now!

BTW, it's not unusual for people to be dead yet not deleted from any live government records.  They should be checking into it to clean up their data.  So much of that sort of thing goes on and some of it horrendous - people being chased for debt when they are dead or being sent parking tickets.   

Worst one I heard about was a woman being inundated by baby care information ads and "congratulations" after a still birth.  I believe that was Facebook or one of those things doing that. 

I was served adverts about my hearing so some system scanned my e-mail.  I'm sending myself e-mails with the word dinosaur in it but so far, no-one has served me an advert for a baby/pet dinosaur.  Screwed that opportunity up didn't you Zuckerberg????!!!

So far off topic, I'm off the tip of South America....

I checked on the statutory cost for COVID19 PCR tests here. 

They are indeed 19500 HUF as per government controls.

What they don't tell you is there's about 20-25000 HUF for someone to come around and do the test!

Source: https://firstmedcenters.com/cov19test/

Just sounds horrible having a stranger stick a long q-tip up your nose to the blood brain barrier and put who knows what inside of you.
I don't trust these people .
It's bad enough people carry around cell phones that they purchase themselves when they are helping to enslave themselves by being tracked and recorded.
Perhaps I watch far too many "truther channels" on U tube but something does smell  fishy about this entire thing. They are more logical then most f these  gov. peeps and doctors are. I really feel I am watching a sci-fi movie in 3 D.
I am one to believe it is all about a reset and not about some illness.
It's a great cover story for a take over of all systems.
I'm not heavily invested in worldly objects or things so just sitting on a fence and watching the show.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Just sounds horrible having a stranger stick a long q-tip up your nose to the blood brain barrier and put who knows what inside of you.
I don't trust these people .
It's bad enough people carry around cell phones that they purchase themselves when they are helping to enslave themselves by being tracked and recorded.
Perhaps I watch far too many "truther channels" on U tube but something does smell  fishy about this entire thing. They are more logical then most f these  gov. peeps and doctors are. I really feel I am watching a sci-fi movie in 3 D.
I am one to believe it is all about a reset and not about some illness.
It's a great cover story for a take over of all systems.
I'm not heavily invested in worldly objects or things so just sitting on a fence and watching the show.

It's been said here in these forums that we're living in a simulation. 

I'm now of the opinion that we've all had enough.  People just do not want to live in this kind of way and I think people will begin to just ignore it and hang the consequences.

Mind you, it's real.  Mrs Fluffy relative is still in isolation hospital, continuously re-infected and all the kids are disappearing from the school classes - 1/2 class missing from No.2 Fluffyette's class.   

Meanwhile up at the cemetery, around a recently departed relative (just a few months ago), more and more graves are appearing and Mrs Fluffy reports all in the mid-to-late 50s age range.    Don't know if it's COVID19 but it looks like quite a few - 6 or 7 in that small area in a couple of months.

That is not good news.
Children missing from school?
Maybe their parents just want to home school them?
I heard us with o blood type are more resistant to this but what good does that do us if our loved ones are A or AB's?
Only about 7% of the population is O neg. as it is so that's not going to help our much in the long run.
I thought for second that we could visit Japan but no, they are seriously closed to outsiders. A few business people from some other Asian countries can enter but it's not clear who or how.
I do my boy, we bought him a ticket to Hungary last Dec. paid for it but last min he changed his mind, just before Japan closed down a few months later.
I suppose the only way to see him is if he comes to Hungary. He is a HU citizen too.
His ex-Hu wife stole his HU passport but no matter he still has other ID from Hungary and his passport would be expired by now.
Yes, she was a real,"treasure"!
People are very tired of this but it looks like the second wave is hitting us and may get worst before the end of the year.
Suppose to get my hiar done next week but thinking of just letting my husband chop it off... Hat season is a good time for him to practice.
Might have to use the clippers once he is done! The skin head look isn't so bad.
I see videos of people bugging out, seems silly to me unless you are a Rambo type person. Most people can't walk across town let alone up hills with 80 lbs. on their backs. My 300 plus lb. cuz who is 60 has his bug out bag ready to go.Don't think he'll make it 50 feet without needing a rest.
I'd rather just bug in or bug off!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

That is not good news.
Children missing from school?
Maybe their parents just want to home school them?
I heard us with o blood type are more resistant to this but what good does that do us if our loved ones are A or AB's?
Only about 7% of the population is O neg. as it is so that's not going to help our much in the long run.
I thought for second that we could visit Japan but no, they are seriously closed to outsiders. A few business people from some other Asian countries can enter but it's not clear who or how.
I do my boy, we bought him a ticket to Hungary last Dec. paid for it but last min he changed his mind, just before Japan closed down a few months later.
I suppose the only way to see him is if he comes to Hungary. He is a HU citizen too.
His ex-Hu wife stole his HU passport but no matter he still has other ID from Hungary and his passport would be expired by now.
Yes, she was a real,"treasure"!
People are very tired of this but it looks like the second wave is hitting us and may get worst before the end of the year.
Suppose to get my hiar done next week but thinking of just letting my husband chop it off... Hat season is a good time for him to practice.
Might have to use the clippers once he is done! The skin head look isn't so bad.
I see videos of people bugging out, seems silly to me unless you are a Rambo type person. Most people can't walk across town let alone up hills with 80 lbs. on their backs. My 300 plus lb. cuz who is 60 has his bug out bag ready to go.Don't think he'll make it 50 feet without needing a rest.
I'd rather just bug in or bug off!

Yes, lots of kids missing from school but for varied reasons - teachers are testing positive and parents have multiple kids off school being ill, not necessarily COVID or the parents are COVID positive and required to self isolate and so must their kids.   Kids are super spreaders.

I don't think blood groups make any difference to the virus.   I think it's more relevant if already weakened immune system susceptible - asthma, diabetes, pneumonia, lung /liver/heart/kidney transplants and so on.  I've got one of those. I might even have COVID for all I know - really quite tired, little bit temperature, bit of a headache and a slight cough.  Stopping me getting on.

I was looking at the entry requirements - HU citizens would be OK but have to self-isolate for 10 days and could bring in his Mrs under the same restrictions.  Should be easy to get a passport renewed in a couple of weeks.

My ex-military Dad said the only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 3 weeks.   I can see where he's coming from. 

Maybe shave your head when society collapses and get yourself an AR15 and Glock for patrolling the area when the zombies start resurrecting to eat people's brains.  Watching DT's non-participation in 60 minutes it looks like something has been nibbling on his brain cells for some years.   What a performance!

I can't stand watching more then 2 min.s of Biden or Trump.
It would be nice if we had someone who even sparked a touch of sanity.
I wonder if it's going to hit the fan again hard after the elections in the US?
Patrolling the st. with an AR15 is something I'll leave to someone bit stronger and younger then I.
We are more observers at these stage in our life.
My brother is ready for anything but I wonder sometimes why he cares that much, he has no children and is over 60, not much left to live in the long run.
I'm not negative, just looking at reality.
St. fighting is for the young.
I saw Pay Pal is going digital, hope this C-19, election junk doesn't crash the dollar or if it does hope the banks don't wipe away everyone savings. Also heard the big plan is to wipe away everyone's debt and start from zero.
Sounds good but what about those of us who aren't in debt and didn't waste in our life on luxury items and garbage?
Makes my husband remember what he heard about after the war, How people had their property taken away and Pangos lined the st.
I mean if they start from zero then they will have to make everyone totally equal. I really don't think most people's egos will allow that to happen without a fight.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I can't stand watching more then 2 min.s of Biden or Trump.
It would be nice if we had someone who even sparked a touch of sanity.
I wonder if it's going to hit the fan again hard after the elections in the US?
Patrolling the st. with an AR15 is something I'll leave to someone bit stronger and younger then I.
We are more observers at these stage in our life.
My brother is ready for anything but I wonder sometimes why he cares that much, he has no children and is over 60, not much left to live in the long run.
I'm not negative, just looking at reality.
St. fighting is for the young.
I saw Pay Pal is going digital, hope this C-19, election junk doesn't crash the dollar or if it does hope the banks don't wipe away everyone savings. Also heard the big plan is to wipe away everyone's debt and start from zero.
Sounds good but what about those of us who aren't in debt and didn't waste in our life on luxury items and garbage?
Makes my husband remember what he heard about after the war, How people had their property taken away and Pangos lined the st.
I mean if they start from zero then they will have to make everyone totally equal. I really don't think most people's egos will allow that to happen without a fight.

Maybe this mashup of DT as James Bond will cheer you up.

If the apocalypse is coming, maybe you'll be grateful for that AR15.   They don't use them against zombies as the sound would attract more zombies.  More than the alcoholics hanging outside a late night ABC selling cheap beer.   So you have to disable them another way. 

The problem for what is going on now is that the government could simply raid everyone's assets and issue IOUs.   Things are likely to get strange here as the rate of COVID increases and the economy shrinks.  In other crashes people just hand in their keys before foreclosure and run away from their debt.   If you move country, it's not going to follow you easily and therefore a clean start could be had.

I expect things will get worse here before they get better.  Only 5 kids left in the class. It is a holiday now and next week for schools so perhaps 1st week November, we'll know more.

5 children in class, wow that isn't good news.
Looked at the new restricitons starting today but so far only noticed those going to sports events need to wear a mask.
I'm still considering cutting my own hair but probably will  get someone else to do it.
I do all my own,"beauty treatments" myself but hair cutting is my one luxury. My arms don't like cutting the back of my hair much and I am a freak about it being even.
I know when things changed after WW11 people just lost everything. The gov.wned it all.
We have zero debt so probably will stay put for now.
I saw that in the US something like 7% of the population hasn't made a rent or morgage payment in ages.
On the other hand my nieces cousin is flying from SF t Maui today. Some people are able to just carry on like nothing much is going on .
My cousin had his 69th DB in Mexic with 6 or so family memebers a couple weeks ago. The said there were many rules, had t wash their shoes before entering buildings and such.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

5 children in class, wow that isn't good news.
Looked at the new restricitons starting today but so far only noticed those going to sports events need to wear a mask.
I'm still considering cutting my own hair but probably will  get someone else to do it.
I do all my own,"beauty treatments" myself but hair cutting is my one luxury. My arms don't like cutting the back of my hair much and I am a freak about it being even.
I know when things changed after WW11 people just lost everything. The gov owned it all.
We have zero debt so probably will stay put for now.
I saw that in the US something like 7% of the population hasn't made a rent or morgage payment in ages.
On the other hand my nieces cousin is flying from SF t Maui today. Some people are able to just carry on like nothing much is going on .
My cousin had his 69th DB in Mexic with 6 or so family memebers a couple weeks ago. The said there were many rules, had t wash their shoes before entering buildings and such.

Yes, kids have disappeared from school.  It's not them as they aren't so much affected. It's the parents who are all self-isolating and cannot take the kids to school.  It's a knock on effect. 

We're hearing other things going like people are losing their jobs here and there - same as USA.  If it continues, it'll be an avalanche of social upheaval.  Governments will have to have moratoriums on evictions if people cannot pay their bills.  Imagine too if people are living on the streets with no access to medical care.  In the USA, that'll be more chronic but even here, the pressure will be high.   

Looks like strategy emerging is to slow the virus down and avoid it overwhelming the health services but accept the entire thing is unstoppable.   Then after the crisis, there will be a reckoning.  Whoever  is in the driving seat politically right now is going to get totally hammered in the polls. But there's no solution.   One year ago, we'd never have thought this would be a scenario we'd have to considered.

BTW, we're also finding some difficulties ourselves getting timely assistance from government departments as - presumably - half the staff are missing. 

Couple of the Fluffyettes have in the past decided to cut their own hair.  For some reason it's always about the age of 4 or 5.   We've had to try and tidy it up.  They always mess up the fringes which they cut at an angle so that's the bit right in your face and you notice.   Shaving their eyebrows off is another one we've seen. Quick method for eyebrow shaping.    The "at home" Fluffyettes have been practising their Halloween decorations/makeup.....hard to see if it's very ghoulish or is it just emo?

My son in Japan lives in another bubble world of his own. He wrote saying he just noticed it is required to wear a mask there  on the transport and in shops.
He is odd, in Las Vegas years back he wore a mask because of the bad air quality but now that it is required he has questions!?
Odd man out.
Most children do cut their own hair around age 5. I never did but my mom used to get scissor happy and always cut our fringe the night before school picture day! What a mess, never looked normal in any school photos! Around age 11 or 12 I taught myself to cut my banges/fringe before mom could get ahold of her happy scissors.
We don't hang out with people but can't avoid them when out shopping.
It was weird though on Thursday at the great hall market. We got there late like 1 pm but there was only a handful of shoppers.
We forgot Friday was a holiday so it was really odd for Thrusday to be so quiet there. Most times people stock up on food before a long 3 day holiday. My husband later said maybe they are running out of money?
Prices at the market overall were a tiny bit less then a month or so back too.
Yes, sme heads shuld and will roll once this C-19 thing settles down. At least I hope so, not another cover up.

There is a strange pattern to all of this.
1720 we had The Plague
1820 c Cholera
1920 The Spanish Flu
2020 C-19
Another re-set?

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

There is a strange pattern to all of this.
1720 we had The Plague
1820 c Cholera
1920 The Spanish Flu
2020 C-19
Another re-set?

Possibly to make a planetary reset perhaps 1/2 the world population has to vanish - just a guess.   I was born in the early 1960s and in that time, the population - 60 odd years ago - the population has more than doubled. In 1960s it was about 3 billion and now it's 7.8 billion

I'm thinking global warming might be stoppable with 1/2 the population even if DT tries to sabotage any world Climate Accords with his fake news mantra.   Unfortunately DT is not going to live long enough to see the suffering caused as the result of his thinking.

Some learned Professor on UK radio was commenting that there is lower influenza rates in NZ and Australia this year. They have already been in their flu season.   But he said this doesn't mean anything much, influenza is nowhere near as contagious as COVID19 - much lower R rate.

Not sure at this point who to believe but I really don't believe WHO.
My poor husband, hope his tummy can take all the garlic and herbs and such I force him to digest everyday.
Fresh veggie soups and a side of veggie or fresh salad with glasses on top of glasses of lemon water.
He eats some treat then he must have a herbal tea or more filtered water and a vitamin pill.
Not going down without a fight.
Went to our closest Penny Market today just for a few rolls.
Everyone was masked up except one guy, there is always someone who won't play fair.
I think the world is large enough for all of us, they are keeping the good lands for themselves. Restricting water when we are floating on rivers of waters from underground worldwide.
I am now of the mind set that whatever they say were should think the opposite.
I've lost all trust in the system.
I've been on a FB group for ex-pats. There is post after post after post of people looking for renters.
Not good.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Not sure at this point who to believe but I really don't believe WHO.
My poor husband, hope his tummy can take all the garlic and herbs and such I force him to digest everyday.
Fresh veggie soups and a side of veggie or fresh salad with glasses on top of glasses of lemon water.
He eats some treat then he must have a herbal tea or more filtered water and a vitamin pill.
Not going down without a fight.
Went to our closest Penny Market today just for a few rolls.
Everyone was masked up except one guy, there is always someone who won't play fair.
I think the world is large enough for all of us, they are keeping the good lands for themselves. Restricting water when we are floating on rivers of waters from underground worldwide.
I am now of the mind set that whatever they say were should think the opposite.
I've lost all trust in the system.
I've been on a FB group for ex-pats. There is post after post after post of people looking for renters.
Not good.

Maybe you are just giving him wind.  If I was eating all that, I think I'd need to dish out masks to protect others.

Moving on, we were in OBI and we could hardly get a car parking place.  It was really busy Few people without masks but mainly because it was so mobbed there were big queues at the checkouts that people were next too each other and not observing the 1.5m distancing.   I dunno what is wrong with people.  Took us 20-25 mins to actually get past the checkout.   Not sure why it was so busy.  Normally we go during the week so perhaps we just didn't see it at weekends for a while.

Water is likely to cause a war in North Africa.   The Ethiopians have built a big dam and slowed the Nile which those downstream depend on.   I've been to the Blue  Nile there and the White Nile in Uganda and it's just stunning but you can see why they want to build dams and power stations.   The power of that river is immense.  Ethiopia is one of the most interesting places I've ever been to.

The Teflon Don stuck his oar in and pretty much suggested the Egyptians bomb it.  Jeez, Donny think before you speak for once!

Oh, and don't forget your clocks tonight!!!

I only noticed a few people following the distance rules and that was way back during the first wave.
My husband even told a women , well actually twice he had to tell women to back off. You know how some people are so darn pushy as it is in the shops, breathing down your back to unload their carts. Like being pushy will make the line move faster... I really didn't care but it was werid to see them just going about their shopping without a care in the world.Some people live by sleep walking.
My German friend in Vegas posted how she got very mad at a couple in the grocery store for not going in a one way direction in the grocery store. Now if that were a rule here in these tiny shops things would get very ugly very fast.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I only noticed a few people following the distance rules and that was way back during the first wave.
My husband even told a women , well actually twice he had to tell women to back off. You know how some people are so darn pushy as it is in the shops, breathing down your back to unload their carts. Like being pushy will make the line move faster... I really didn't care but it was werid to see them just going about their shopping without a care in the world.Some people live by sleep walking.
My German friend in Vegas posted how she got very mad at a couple in the grocery store for not going in a one way direction in the grocery store. Now if that were a rule here in these tiny shops things would get very ugly very fast.

Yes, exactly, people  seem to lose their minds sometimes.   But that's the same with many people here.

There's another behaviour here and elsewhere which particularly annoys me and that's parking.   We arrive at any car park with some empty car parking spaces and  always try and park at least one or two car spaces away from any other vehicle.  We don't want the sides of our bashed by people opening their doors or walking past with shopping and not paying attention and of course COVID19.   

What do people do?   Come and park right next to us when the place is half empty!   What the hell are they thinking?   I've said to people, why park next to us when the place is empty?  They just don't get it and they look completely vacant.  Wake up people!

The one way system they should know about - blinking Ikea is the worst culprit for it. People do a shuffling dozy walk around it. Why? Are they being gassed? Get in and get out!   We should be thankful for short cuts.

I'm forever telling my husband to park further away, what's the big deal with walking an extra 50 feet?
He is getting better at listening to my  complaining about other cars and why hassle with trying to squeeze into a tiny space.
A few years back in Vegas our son finally got his first car, a really nicely kept Mercedes he bought from an elderly couple. Car was just cherry.
Some jerk in a parking lot rammed a cart into the side and another time some jerk keyed one door. People can be such trash and so envious. Little do they know or care who owns the car or what they had to do to purchase it.
I'm just about done with 75% of the population.
I have to say in all honesty I've never been jealous of anyone, there are always strings attached with most things.
Rather go through life with just so-so then draw too much undue attention.
I remember once an old boyfriend had a brand new beautiful BMW back around the mid70's when no one in S. Ca. even knew what a BMW was.Long story but my hubby and I had broken up and hadn't married yet. I drove that nice car all over with a used old baby car seat in the back.
Felt so odd when people in traffic would just stare at the car and me.
Felt more comfy driving my beat up old  car then that show room quality BMW.
Had my share of beaters and nice cars, as long as it runs good, I really couldn't care less what it looks like.
My husband once laughed when I hopped out of his old beater of a Toyota van, someone had ruined the driver door, the back had been hit by a trash truck in San Diego and it had rust on it from Hawaii.
He said I looked like I should be getting out of a luxury car and not a rent a wreck. That is a huge problem with society now, people judge by the cover far too often.

The social distancing in Aldi is just not happening. Went over today and the more you try to move forward in line away from others the more they move closer to you.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I'm forever telling my husband to park further away, what's the big deal with walking an extra 50 feet?
He is getting better at listening to my  complaining about other cars and why hassle with trying to squeeze into a tiny space.
A few years back in Vegas our son finally got his first car, a really nicely kept Mercedes he bought from an elderly couple. Car was just cherry.
Some jerk in a parking lot rammed a cart into the side and another time some jerk keyed one door. People can be such trash and so envious. Little do they know or care who owns the car or what they had to do to purchase it.
I'm just about done with 75% of the population.
My husband once laughed when I hopped out of his old beater of a Toyota van, someone had ruined the driver door, the back had been hit by a trash truck in San Diego and it had rust on it from Hawaii.
He said I looked like I should be getting out of a luxury car and not a rent a wreck. That is a huge problem with society now, people judge by the cover far too often.

The social distancing in Aldi is just not happening. Went over today and the more you try to move forward in line away from others the more they move closer to you.

I totally agree with you.   I don't get it either.   We have to park 4 or 5 cars away. I guarantee when we come back some idiot would have parked next to us.

My dear old Dad also parks right next to people for no reason and when I asked him why he did it he said "it looks neater".   Yeah, right Daddio, sure.  Probably after having a license for 80+ years I guess it's a good an excuse as another.

Aldi is one of the nightmare places.  It's much less distancing than 1.5m.  No. 1 Fluffyette won't even go in KFC, McDs or BK or any restaurant even if at an age of low risk.

BTW, there was a picture of a football match for Ferencvaros floating around on the Internet and people were jammed on to the terraces.  No wonder the rate is going up! 3000 new cases a day now it seems.   You can see in the background here - not the same photo - that there are many masks but distancing...not really:

https://www.fradi.hu/upload/1240x0/c/ow/xr6g5.jpg

No real reply just an observation on COVID 19 in general, Hungary seems (as per figures) far less impacted then some of the surrounding countries (which is good). Having said that I feel that lock-downs are unavoidable in many countries of the EU. People in Hungary might be more disciplined (or older (ie not so many parties), still for me it is difficult to understand why Hungary as a whole should be able to avoid stricter rules.
Me and my wife will follow lockdown rules already now before they will become effective.

What is a sad observation is that especially elderly people seem to (almost) ignore the topic, if there would be official rules our neighbours would adhere, but right now they are taking excessive risk. Having said that it one is 80+ what to expect from life, and Covid might be a relatively comfortable way to die (STILL I DO NOT AGREE, these neighbours (more often than not have a good personality and even if not in perfect health I would like to see them around for 10 more years).
Admittedly I smoke and drink so also exposing myself to premature death, but I enjoy both.

A sad post and good luck to all (things will get very very bad.

Lucky for me, I never enjoyed being in crowds.
I sort of love this social distancing thing...
No one seems t follow that rule though, not from what I notice anyways.
I used to work up close and personal with the public and believe me that wore me ut being so
near so many people more then if I had worked in a coal mine.
People are draining.
80 years old is still young, no one is really old, even 100 years old is just a flash in the pan .
Bill Wyman just turned 85 and it's hard to think of him as old.
Then again some people are born old and others never grow up.
I've been wanting to go swimming in a pool but my husband has said a big fat no way.
That is a good place to catch something right now.
We are taking procautions but nothing too extreme.
A good diet is one of the best ways to keep healthy.
You can only do so much but some things are just out of our control.
I honestly hate to hear that anyone is ill, right now it is scary even for the young.
I see on a ex-pat FB group people are still gathering for yoga classes, meet ups and such.
Some people will not face facts until they face them for themselves.
Just keep up your immune system the best you can.
I got ill more then once from others but doing hair and being a games dealer we had s many strangers in our faces everyday all day long.
Exercise, a good diet and lots of sleep is one thing we all can do to stay strong.
During round one of this C-19 we didn't go into Aldi for months because the place is too small inside. Only went to Tesco during senior hours and  avoided other shoppers as much as possible. Actually it wasn't very crowded.
The first time lazy me was ready to shop at 7 am to beat the crowds but then realzed it was ok to go later because the big shops were mostly empty,
It did feel weird like a sci-fi Mad Max film to avoid people that much.
We are ready, sort of fr a no goo lockdown but seriously how many beans can you eat before you explode? Canned fish and grains are boring unless that's the end .
What gets me is all the fear in the air, don't like the vibe at all.

Like your post (I hope to remember), in my view the unfortunate situation is that most of the lifespan is determined by genes (family of my wife seem to exceed 90 years for the bigger part (my own  father died at 39 and grandfathers both before 60 though).
I prefer to avoid Corona if I can (side effects (lung, liver, kidney ...)

Women are stronger and healthier, I have to accept, but I prefer myself to live for another 15 years (me being 58). Yes some issues but I can still enjoy life from time to time.

As for Hungary (apart from Corona), I am amazed that there are so many people (especially women I have to say, but also the odd man) live well above average lifespan.

Simple modest life is the recipe (too modest is not my thing though).

Lets see what happens but I prefer to take a vaccine in March and accept the situation (not easy at al and frustratingly even if careful no guarantee).

cdw057 wrote:

Like your post (I hope to remember), in my view the unfortunate situation is that most of the lifespan is determined by genes (family of my wife seem to exceed 90 years for the bigger part (my own  father died at 39 and grandfathers both before 60 though).
I prefer to avoid Corona if I can (side effects (lung, liver, kidney ...)

Women are stronger and healthier, I have to accept, but I prefer myself to live for another 15 years (me being 58). Yes some issues but I can still enjoy life from time to time.

As for Hungary (apart from Corona), I am amazed that there are so many people (especially women I have to say, but also the odd man) live well above average lifespan.

Simple modest life is the recipe (too modest is not my thing though).

Lets see what happens but I prefer to take a vaccine in March and accept the situation (not easy at al and frustratingly even if careful no guarantee).

I read a while ago it's really in the genes.  Women have two XX chromosomes and men have XY so there's a double copy  on the female side.  If there's damage on one X, the other X can step in and repair the fault.   

Perhaps also there's another reason and I'm not being sexist just possibly a basic reason - back in the cave times, keeping the female line going is likely to be more successful because they will help nuture (in theory)  the children whereas the male line would be more likely to wiped out during a hunting mission by the sabre tooth tiger or another predator.   Or it could just be the way it is.

I'm not very sure what the average lifespan is around here - probably low 80s.  It's not like Japan where people are going way into their 90s all the time.  I've heard it's related to consumption of fish - all that shushi perhaps.  I think we Westerners are paying effectively a health penalty because of food choices being limited - too much sugar, salt and fat.  Perhaps the manufacturers are going to be hit in a law suit like the tobacco companies for killing people with their products.   It would only take one lawsuit to win against someone like Kraft or Nestle and that'd be that.

I'd have the vaccine.  It's not good living like this.  I'm assuming the vaccine will have been through proper testing.  One thing I wondered was that living like this might have what it was like under the Nazis or other fascists like Maoists or under the Emperor in Star Wars.  Very oppressive and people will inevitably think about resisting.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I used to work up close and personal with the public and believe me that wore me ut being so
near so many people more then if I had worked in a coal mine.
People are draining.
80 years old is still young, no one is really old, even 100 years old is just a flash in the pan .
Bill Wyman just turned 85 and it's hard to think of him as old.

I tend to think of Bill Wyman as more desiccated than old.   Looks like he's shrivelled up in the sun like a paprika ready for storage. Actually I might be thinking of Mick Jagger.  Definitely well weathered.

People are really draining and perhaps real time wasters.   We've just had a kontener (UK: skip) in our front garden to get rid of some building and other junk/waste that's been hanging around here for about 2 years.   The number of people stopping for a chat is just ridiculous.  People use our street as a short cut and our dog is famously friendly with the locals hereabouts so we have a lot of kids (during school time) passing who say hello and play with the dog through the fence.   Every chat takes 10 minutes and I'm thinking come on people, we're on a schedule here as the kontener guy will come back and get it on time and we must be finished.  Please say hello to us and the dog tomorrow!

I suppose I should count ourselves as lucky that people are so nice to the dog, Mrs Fluffy and the Fluffyettes.   And just for completeness, not many people social distancing while going around here.

BTW, as a bit of a warning, I was booked on Wizzair to LGW (London Gatwick) and it was cancelled.  Tried BA to LHR (London Heathrow) and that seemed fine and now, it's cancelled as well.  COVID19 cutbacks apparently.  Anyone booking air tickets might find their plans utterly messed up at short notice!  Mrs Fluffy is suggesting I should drive there.

it's sad that it is so hard to visit your father but don't forget there is Skype.
I miss my son as well, well most times until he opens up his trap!
Have no plans on going anywhere at this time.
Sort of a bummer because this was the year to spend winter in Asia but whatever, it's all  meant to be the way it's going down.
I see selfies of my niece's first cousin ,guess she is my adopted niece of sorts... She is living large on Maui right now on a holiday but I can't see another soul in any of her photos from her luxury resort.
Sad really.
Probably the next time we fly anywhere it is going to be a one way ticket.
I'm so over travel, never enjoyed it much unless it was a long trip where I could relax and unpack.
My zodiac sign is of a traveler but it really doesn't suit me.
It's all good though, we can't pick or chose what situations or conditions we live under for the most part.
As my mother used to say, "That's the way the cookie crumbles".

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

it's sad that it is so hard to visit your father but don't forget there is Skype.
I miss my son as well, well most times until he opens up his trap!
Have no plans on going anywhere at this time.
Sort of a bummer because this was the year to spend winter in Asia but whatever, it's all  meant to be the way it's going down.
I see selfies of my niece's first cousin ,guess she is my adopted niece of sorts... She is living large on Maui right now on a holiday but I can't see another soul in any of her photos from her luxury resort.
Sad really.
Probably the next time we fly anywhere it is going to be a one way ticket.
I'm so over travel, never enjoyed it much unless it was a long trip where I could relax and unpack.
My zodiac sign is of a traveler but it really doesn't suit me.
It's all good though, we can't pick or chose what situations or conditions we live under for the most part.
As my mother used to say, "That's the way the cookie crumbles".

My dear old Daddio is 96 and cannot even tune in the TV let alone work Skype.  He has it of course on a tablet but he's unable to remember that you have to be quite careful pushing the buttons.  He's never had an interest in things like that unless it had an engine and four wheels and with big bolts on it.   So he doesn't really use the tablet because he's like stabbing the buttons with fingers like he's trying to bang a metal drift on a stuck fitting.

My work involves travelling and if I cannot do it, it becomes a bit weird.  What I have learnt is that a lot can be done remotely.  If I'd agreed 4 number of trips of 1 months each on a job,  I think this has reduced to effectively 1 or 2 trips now.  Quite a difference.   I should have been out in Asia multiple times and going around some Pacific places this year.  Not going to happen in this year.  Weirdly it hasn't really slowed down the amount of work I do.  It's the same or even more!  I really miss the interaction with my colleagues and the people I meet.  It's like a real novelty to be in the same room these days although usually too short unfortunately.   

I expect your niece's cousin is at a resort that's semi-closed down.  We'd been planning to go to the Canary Islands to a resort so No. 1 Fluffyette and myself could do a 5-day intro to Spanish course while Mrs Fluffy and No. 2 Fluffy played on the beach.  The only way to do it is to go to an apartment. Resorts are not really running in the same way I think.  Many of them are probably half-shutdown.  I just heard on the radio that NASA has found water on the sunlight surface of the moon.  Maybe we'll be able to reserve that lunar holiday by the time COVID19 is over.

Around here, it's the chocolate chip cookie that does the crumbling.

I was at the cemeteries in the area for the Mrs Fluffy family All Saints Day.   

Lots of new graves in the vicinity of Mrs Fluffy relatives with a cluster of graves of newly departed with ages in the mid-50s, one in the 40s and a few in the 70s age range.   

More new graves than I would have expected based upon the population in that village.

Our neighbor called this morning to tell us of her 4 days in NE Hungary for the "Day of the Dead".
Her mother passed early this year, age 86 and wanted to be laid to rest with her deceased husband in their old village.
I keep asking my husband if he wants to visit his parent's graves but he says they aren't home...I'll have him visit sooner or later.

I read a short article about Slovakia doing forced C-19 testing on the public.
Yuck, pray that doesn't happen here but never know how insane things are going to get.
So the selections  are today in the US.... I am also praying people do not lose their minds and riot.
I have a feeling we will not get a clear answer about who."won" any time soon. They are dragging things out so long , wearing people down on every level.
I

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Our neighbor called this morning to tell us of her 4 days in NE Hungary for the "Day of the Dead".
Her mother passed early this year, age 86 and wanted to be laid to rest with her deceased husband in their old village.
I keep asking my husband if he wants to visit his parent's graves but he says they aren't home...I'll have him visit sooner or later.

I read a short article about Slovakia doing forced C-19 testing on the public.
Yuck, pray that doesn't happen here but never know how insane things are going to get.
So the selections  are today in the US.... I am also praying people do not lose their minds and riot.
I have a feeling we will not get a clear answer about who."won" any time soon. They are dragging things out so long , wearing people down on every level.
I

They are doing comprehensive C19 testing in the UK now - entire city of Liverpool I think.  It's a trial of new techniques with a 1h results turnaround. 

Mrs Fluffy said here, HU medics are being sent to SK to assist but one has to ask - considering the complaints about low staffing numbers - why they are sending people to other countries? 

On "Dia de los muertos" we went to the cemeteries, stopped at the cake shop, went to more cemeteries and then came home and watched the movie Coco while eating the cake.  Wasn't bad. Certainly was super colourful movie. 

I'm rather surprised at the amount of interest in the US election.  It's almost being treated as a sporting event  with the world tuning in.  For the Teflon Don, he's in his showbiz element.  But it seems, Joe might win.   I think DT didn't help himself saying he was thinking about Fauci.  He's wildly popular as trusted voice. But Donny doesn't want to be upstaged.    If Joe wins, then the chaos El Donaldo has created will have to be unwound but previous partners will look upon the USA as an untrustworthy ally. Quite shocking but  I wonder if COVID19 will be the main thing that brings him down.

I arranged to be go to the UK and now the UK has introduced a lockdown.  Now I don't know what to do.   Horrible mess.

Hungary: New coronavirus-related restrictions announced

3 Nov 20

New restrictions will be implemented nationwide on 4 November 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Bars and other nightlife establishments will be closed, and entertainment venues must adhere to capacity limits.

A daily curfew will be implemented from 00:00 – 05:00 local time (23:00 – 04:00 GMT). Individuals found not complying with the directives will be subject to fines.

Travelers should adhere to the directives of authorities and consult official sources for more information.