COVID-19 and expatriation in Belgium

Hello everybody,

The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts Belgium, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country .
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation or expatriation project in Belgium.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project?
If you are already settled in Belgium, do you plan to return to your home country?

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?

Have any of you ended your expatriation in Belgium unexpectedly?

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope you are doing well.

Loïc.

Hi there,

I was lined up to commence a new job in Liege. Unfortunately, under the present circumstances, the employer has not issued my employment contract until we all know what is going on.
I have also had an interview cancelled for the same reason.
I can now only wait and hope.
Farid

Hi,

I live and work in Belgium.
We are all affected by this awful crisis.
My family is in Romania. The fact that the borders are closed, makes me feel inconfortable and  stressed. I feel 'locked' here in Belgium. If something happens to my family there, I won't be able to get to them.
I live in Belgium since 2011, but this crisis made me consider the possibility to get back to my country and to live there for the rest of my life, in order to be with my family.

I hope this will end soon.

Irina