One COVID problem - I will need a dentist

Today eating lunch half of a molar broke off.  It's on a very old filled tooth.  I had the opposite side tooth crowned a year ago in the US.  Should have had this one done as well but it wasn't bothering anything and the dentist said to just keep an eye on it.

So I'm looking at two weeks realistically before I can get into a dentist in HCMC to start getting a new crown.

Anyone have any good recommendations when they do get back to work in D2, D1, or something else nearby?

Rose Dental Clinic, next to the market. Had some crowns done there 2 years ago, very professional work. The wife had some major dental work done there in February, once again very professional.
Wadey

Thanks Wadey.  That place is about 20% cheaper than the one I booked an appointment for tomorrow.  In addition they are running discount 20% until Corona is over so I think they are very slow right now.  The savings is nice but a personal reference means more to me than the savings.  In either case they are both a lot less expensive than the US.

I'll call them tomorrow.  I do know that Dental Center Vietnam where I'm booked tomorrow said that tomorrow is the last day they are going to be open for a while.  I don't know if the government is shutting them down or they are doing it themselves from lack of business but March 31 is their last day for a while.

They are one of those 5 star vacation dentistry places - pick you up at the airport, make hotel reservations, that kind of thing, so I'm sure their business is all but shut down.

AlBrown252 wrote:

We have all the dentists in quarantine and it's terrible. I think that if you need emergency assistance, it will be possible to solve this problem in the hospital. In the meantime, everyone will have to wait for the quarantine to be lifted.

You are misinformed.  They aren't in quarantine.  I already have a 9:00 appointment for tomorrow morning so I don't know what you are talking about.

Are you in Canada?

SteinNebraska wrote:
AlBrown252 wrote:

We have all the dentists in quarantine and it's terrible. I think that if you need emergency assistance, it will be possible to solve this problem in the hospital. In the meantime, everyone will have to wait for the quarantine to be lifted.

You are misinformed.  They aren't in quarantine.  I already have a 9:00 appointment for tomorrow morning so I don't know what you are talking about.

Are you in Canada?

You're replying to an AI bot.  ;)

There's also Viet Nam Elite Dental <[email protected], but I haven't been treated by them (yet). I planned to, but then I got stuck in another country, where I'm still sitting around... They're not cheap, but apparently they offer treatments with nitrous oxide, and I prefer that by far.

SteinNebraska wrote:

I already have a 9:00 appointment for tomorrow morning

It may be too late but are you in pain from the broken tooth?  I broke a molar while in Vietnam and had to have a crown but there was no pain before doing the crown.  I suppose it depends on whether the break reaches the nerve.  If you are not in pain, it may be advisable to postpone the work.  I expect that the dentist should be taking sanitary precautions, with gloves, mask, and face shield, but you never know.  Even the best precautions have a certain small percentage of failure.

Believe it or not, I broke my molar on a banana seed.  :o  Bananas have the biological remnants of seeds, which are the small black spots you see on the inside, and apparently on very rare occasion a hard seed develops.

I went today.  Wadey's suggestion was no longer open due to COVID-19.  Dental Center Vietnam was open so I went to my 9:00 appointment.  They got me right in and did a temporary filling/half tooth.  Cost 500,000.  At least I won't be abrading my tongue on the sharp edge of the tooth and old silver filling for two weeks.  It feels pretty good.

Today was the last day they are open for two weeks so I'm scheduled to go back for a crown April 17 and April 21.  Nice facility, English speaking staff, seemed very competent.  Price for impending crown is 6,000,000.