COVID-19 Where is it leading?

Anyone who wants to know how this plays out should read this article

We're not going back to normal: Social distancing is here to stay for much more than a few weeks. It will upend our way of life, in some ways forever. by Gideon Lichfield

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6153 … 18-months/

Multiple waves.

The piece, whilst speculation, has what might well be accurate predictions, but this line is where the real danger hides in many countries.

As usual, however, the true cost will be borne by the poorest and weakest. People with less access to health care, or who live in more disease-prone areas, will now also be more frequently shut out of places and opportunities open to everyone else.

Revolution needs two thing:
Someone with a vision (of whatever sort - good or bad)
People to support them

If the military aren't on side, then the revolutionary needs disgruntled masses, something far easier to find if they're hungry and have little hope.
The desperate will grasp at straws, and that's dangerous to all.

It is not speculation.

It is what is going to be done.

Global Social Credit System.

Everyone with any power is all in. Wishful thinking and pure blind denial notwithstanding.

The majority of humanity will see no problem with anything they are told. But they will see a problem with anyone who tells them different.

London 1665 - The world would change forever, but people went back to normal .. well, until 1666 when the world would change forever, then people went back to normal.

We have no idea where we will be in a month as there are far too many variables, so predicting Nov 2021 is just a wild shot in the dark.
As for governments taking the chance to track everyone - of course they will, and already do, this just being one more handy excuse.

Lichfield is not the only one. There are many all singing the same tune.

The solution and the problem are not as disconnected as some speculate.

Watch. Just like after 911 when everyone thought everything would go back to normal. It never did.

This is not 1666.

that was a 1 off

It may not look exactly like what Lichfield presents. There are many like him presenting blueprints. In the end what is implemented will take points from all of them.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

Watch. Just like after 911 when everyone thought everything would go back to normal. It never did.

Only because politicians used it as an excuse to attack a couple of countries and restrict their own citizens. This is unlikely to lead to anyone attacking other countries, but, if the situation in any given country gets really bad, might lead to uprisings.

it ain't 1666

that was a one off

If you discount the 30 or 40 other massive city destroying fires, yes.

Of course they will be changes, especially to working environments, but a lot will return to normality sooner or later.
That changes when politicians stick their idiotic noses into a situation, something we've already seen in a good few countries since the start of this outbreak.
At least my son can never become a politician - His mummy and I are married.
(One for L - He knows who he is :D)

Fred wrote:

Only because politicians used it as an excuse to attack a couple of countries and restrict their own citizens.

politicians are not in control

Fred wrote:

This is unlikely to lead to anyone attacking other countries, but, if the situation in any given country gets really bad, might lead to uprisings.

This is about managing populations not war.

The devil's in the details.

Fred wrote:

Only because politicians used it as an excuse to attack a couple of countries and restrict their own citizens.

I think they are, until someone tells them otherwise.

Fred wrote:

This is unlikely to lead to anyone attacking other countries, but, if the situation in any given country gets really bad, might lead to uprisings.

Unless hungry populations decide change is required, but that needs a leader. The will of hungry sheep is easily managed when a wolf comes along with big promises.

They write a lot of articles playing the critic:

https://country.eiu.com/article.aspx?ar … c=Politics

They do not talk about how their contributing pundits helped to design it.

Pretending to not be on the same team. Not many people ever investigate.

Fred wrote:
Fred wrote:

I think they are, until someone tells them otherwise.

Fred wrote:

Unless hungry populations decide change is required, but that needs a leader. The will of hungry sheep is easily managed when a wolf comes along with big promises.

Lots of ways to deal with that. And we should know who provides the leaders? The demagogues? Like Mr Trump, Mr Obama, Mr H, Mr L.

Maybe its finally time to implement the AI/robots tech to do all the work/thinking that the human race once did, so we can all happily move back to our caves/gardens/fields from where we first came from, and wait in line (1metre apart/social distance) for handouts/food stamps & offcourse our regular dosage of blue pills!

:D

manwonder wrote:

Maybe its finally time to implement the AI/robots tech to do all the work/thinking that the human race once did, so we can all happily move back to our caves/gardens/fields from where we first came from, and wait in line (1metre apart/social distance) for handouts/food stamps & offcourse our regular dosage of blue pills!

No need for AI. Just transform humans into NPCs. Almost there.

Behavioral psychology exists because the above is true.

Lichfield's assumptions will be modified by things like this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse … irus-test/

5 minute COVID test combined with targeted quarantine of high risk populations.

We need to hang on to our pants, and get ready to make ourselves safe.

The Australian Prime Minister said last night some countries will go into chaos.  If China stops supporting the Philippines, who knows what will happen here.

Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
Song by The Blues Brothers

with friends like China

and we should all know what comes out of chaos

Sad to see that some humans are still being treated worse than animals!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/30/indi … index.html:/

wait a little while

'Furloughs'...Its here there & everywhere in the news...Is this an English or Dutch word?

:/

slow boiling the sheep

I'm getting that 'slow boil' feeling!..Does that mean i'm a sheep too?

:o

Almost 24k cases this past day in the US and deaths soared over 700.

Worldwide active cases are doubling every 6.5 days.

19% of cases resolve in death.

I have to conceal my grave concern.

As of today Philippines has performed a total of 5,000 tests.

The US has performed 1.4 million tests.

That might have something to do with the total number of confirmed cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It is a hard call! ....Freedom of movement or overall safety of your populace!

Do massive testing and discover that massive amounts of people have had it already and are immune. Then clear those people to work.

The cost/availability of these test kits may have been be a 'factor' to consider..but kudos to Dr. Raul Destura and the scientists from the University of the Philippines (UP)...full scale manufacture/distribution will commence shortly!

https://news.abs-cbn.com/ancx/culture/s … or-rollout

Problem is that a certain % of people (that no one knows yet) do not become immune. And they seem to become more sick the second time.

I hate to bring this up but I think that the fatality rate from Covid 19 is a lot higher than what we are been told. At first I read that it was between 1 and 2 percent but that was using two figures, the people reported to have the disease and the people who had died of it.

I saw some figures a few days ago saying there were over 500, 000 current people with covid 19, approximately 140, 000 people worldwide who had recovered from the disease and about 30,000 people who had sadly lost their lives because of it.

Taking into account that we have no idea how many of the 500, 000 who currently have the disease will recover and how many of them will sadly loose their lives, how can we use this number in the equation. Surely we should only take into account the 130, 000 who have recovered and the 30,000 who have died to calculate the fatality rate.

In this case the fatality rate would be up near the 20 percent mark.

I think the infection rate is much higher than anyone knows.

That is the denominator that everyone is talking about.

There is probably a huge number of people who have no symptoms and fly under the radar.

That brings the overall CFR down.

When dealing with figures, i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the larger the group the more inaccurate the figures are, when i say inaccurate, i mean so by the number it self, as a percentage that figure of inaccuracy remains similar.

Does it make the figures gathered by a large group irrelevant no.  No it does not, as the next time the responses are gathered from the same number of people or even greater sample the margin of inaccuracy remains the same, thus allowing for an acceptable comparison of the to different input times.

If you don't want to believe any figures then so be it.  No one will be able to give you any indication of anything.

The only thing that a scientist and government can work on are the figures gathered, naturally the figures will have a margin of error imputed, depended on the size of the sample group, the information been sort and of course the time delay.

For COVID19 we can say that the time delay would be 14 days.  Of course it may be shorter depending on the individual, and the remoteness of the location of the individual and a collection point and the location of the collection point to the testing point.  Sounds obvious, but all this brings me back to the point that scientist and governments can only go on the figures they have at hand.

You have to know how many people are actually infected to know what the real CFR is.

Cutting off half the denominator makes a more frightful CFR.

Diamond Princess demonstrated this. It was a microcosm where the entire population was tested. Almost half the positives had no symptoms at all.

No one knows the real CFR right now. The only people being tested in the larger population are the ones who are so sick that they go to the hospital.

That makes for a blatantly skewed CFR.

And this is further complicated by huge numbers of comorbidity.

Dying with coronavirus does no equate to dying from coronavirus.

All of this will take years to work out.

Something just does not make any sense!...When did Covid 19 actually start? Looks to me like its been around at least Oct/Nov 2019 or maybe even earlier!

Just saying/asking!

They are still working on the numbers from Sars and Mers.

This article from Lancet talks about some of the biases in estimating CFR
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani … S1473-3099(20)30245-0/fulltext

And note they are estimating 1-2% for SYMPTOMATIC cases.

If it turns out that 40-50% of infected are asymptomatic, then that will bring the CFR down close to ordinary flu levels.

Keep in mind that to date a lot more people are still dying of flu all throughout this and it is not being plastered in our faces like Coronavirus is.

Anyone mention DARPA
Just thinking

lasvegan wrote:

Anyone mention DARPA
Just thinking

gina?

Anyone remember Great Lakes Naval Base 1979?
Testing ground for certain unnamed whats-u-call-it's
just remembering

you'all talkin about the Roy Cohn numbers!
just thinking

Reason for Implosion!

Should we be wearing an N95 tinfoil hat in this thread?

Closed