Looking for a new position

Hi all my name is Alan van den Berg and I'm Dutch
I'm living here in Indonesia for About 8 Years and I'm a Kitap holder
Due the Corona Virus Is my Contract at Lion Air not Extend.
I'm Looking in the Mechanical / Electrical on managment level
or something in that field.
I'm living in Cikupa Tangerang

Please any sugestion is welcome

Hi Alan,

I have an expat friend who lives not far from me. He is a mechanical systems consultant mainly for aircraft (fixed wing and helicopters) and is usually doing one year or longer contracts, but they are nearly always overseas. Usually jobs with Saab or BAe Systems or Mitsubishi etc and which require high security level clearance. But he has never found a decent job in Indonesia despite being based here. As far as I know, before the Coronavirus issue he had two or three potential jobs lined up, but now they are probably all on hold. His family lives here. So really not sure that finding a similar job in Indonesia at this time is going to be very fruitful, or even overseas. I would guess you'd need to wait a few months to have a decent chance.

Cheers.

Hi Sill88

I can work overseas after corona is gone no problem then but till then im looking
need a job for the next 2 or 3 months
Im here also with my fam,

Yes, your situation sounds the same as his. But even he is resigned to waiting out until the coronvirus problem is over. I don't think he has any alternative for the moment. He is self-isolating especially as his age puts him at higher risk. Sorry about that. Hope you manage alright for the next few months.

Its currently highly unlikely (unfortunately) that you will get anything any place soon, just so many companies with various skills base paying off employees at the moment and the situation will get much much worse to come, i think personally travel restrictions within indonesia is only a matter of days away

Travel restrictions are possible, and a few are pushing for them, so your chances of work in anything to do with travel are very limited.
That will eventually change when this lot is done with, but I see long term changes in business travel as more and more people realise meetings can be conducted easily from home, and companies work out how much they can save by doing so.