Need legal advice: nobody will tell me anything!

Hi,

My sponsor is suing the agency that brought me here for making a serious mistake with my case and also for noncompliance of the agency. My problem is I cannot start/resume working for my sponsor, I cannot work for any other sponsor, and I cannot go back home. I am stuck.

I don't want to give any other details. I just want an idea of how much longer I must wait. The lawsuit was started in mid-January, now March is ending, no work, no money, no info. I know my sponsor will win the case but this waiting is driving me insane.

Thanks in advance.

Due to corona virus i advise you to stay and be in the house

randomthrowaway wrote:

My sponsor is suing the agency that brought me here for making a serious mistake with my case and also for noncompliance of the agency. My problem is I cannot start/resume working for my sponsor.

Have you arrived in KSA with a working visa (what visa profession) ? You should have iqama (work permit) by now. IF yes, what was the reason why you cannot start working with your employer (sponsor)?

RedTrumpet wrote:
randomthrowaway wrote:

My sponsor is suing the agency that brought me here for making a serious mistake with my case and also for noncompliance of the agency. My problem is I cannot start/resume working for my sponsor.

Have you arrived in KSA with a working visa (what visa profession) ? You should have iqama (work permit) by now. IF yes, what was the reason why you cannot start working with your employer (sponsor)?

My sponsor has all my documents, iqama and passport. He traveled to another city and since he could not leave me alone in the house, he left me in the custody of the agency that he used to bring me here. The agency messed up and sent me to work in another house without his consent, so my sponsor is suing them. I have no direct communication with my sponsor right now. I have only been told that I must wait.

I think this is a unique case but how long do such things generally take?

Lydia73 wrote:

Due to corona virus i advise you to stay and be in the house

Thank you. I am very much indoors.

randomthrowaway wrote:

My sponsor has all my documents, iqama and passport. He traveled to another city and since he could not leave me alone in the house, he left me in the custody of the agency that he used to bring me here.

What is your work (job profession) by the way. Worker passport and iqama must be kept by worker (employee) at all times while employee is working in-kingdom (KSA).

IF your agent and your employer (sponsor) really won't come into terms you will eventually in decrepit position over a labor case dispute. Proper court hearing will be delayed due to pandemic of COVID-19,  in addition to inter-city lockdowns, and curfew.

RedTrumpet wrote:

What is your work (job profession) by the way. Worker passport and iqama must be kept by worker (employee) at all times while employee is working in-kingdom (KSA).

I am a housemaid, which maybe complicates things. My sponsor has kept my documents since I arrived in September. I know it's illegal but it's still common practice.

IF your agent and your employer (sponsor) really won't come into terms you will eventually in decrepit position over a labor case dispute. Proper court hearing will be delayed due to pandemic of COVID-19,  in addition to inter-city lockdowns, and curfew.

So I will be in limbo indefinitely? I was afraid of that. But thank you, I needed the reality check. I'm also guessing that I can't ask my embassy for help because of the lockdown. My next question would be how to survive this without having panic attacks...

You had arrived on a legitimate Visa. Then why can't you work in the company. Is it the profession in Iqama creating problems. Unless you write the thing's clearly no one could give you advice. You can approach labour office with your grievance and at least you can get Exit as early as possible.

I was selected as Personnel Manager in a top leading company. My visa was a labour in profession. Then I changed the visa as per the categories available in the company.  I had Masters Degree in Administration and Bachelor Degree in Engineering with long years of experience. So sometimes you will have to move along with the wind.