Where to Buy OTCs and Vitamins

Hi,

I usually have been purchasing my OTCs and vitamins in USA, then have it shipped over to Leyte.  But, with things locked down, is there a source in the Philippines where I can purchase and have it shipped to Ormoc City?

The local pharmacies don't carry what I take, so it is a challenge.

On another note, I bought a nebulizer and some Ventolin Solution for it last week before they locked down Ormoc City.  I also bought extra paracetamol in case we need to treat at home. I asked about Chloroquine, but they did not have.

Not sure who doing any deliveries but i have good luck with Pilgrims Pride online! They deliver to your door in couple days! Have good selection of things you might buy in GNC but for a reasonable price! I found Phosphatidylserine there! Which if you love your brain you will buy it! lol

moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I usually have been purchasing my OTCs and vitamins in USA, then have it shipped over to Leyte.  But, with things locked down, is there a source in the Philippines where I can purchase and have it shipped to Ormoc City?

On another note, I bought a nebulizer and some Ventolin Solution for it last week before they locked down Ormoc City.  I also bought extra paracetamol in case we need to treat at home. I asked about Chloroquine, but they did not have.

Chloroquine goes by the name Planequil and Watsons does have it. It is by prescription only, which is good because if not people would end up killing themselves with it. Chloroquine is very dangerous.

Also, it is not chloroquine that is being used in the clinical trials around the world right now. It is hydroxychloroquine and it is used with azithromycin because azithromycin fights secondary bacterial infection and also azithromycin has antiviral capability. The clinical trials are in the US and elsewhere, but that means it is being given under very strict observation.

but these drugs can make you very dead

they are being used for people for whom they are the last best option

moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I stocked up for a 3month supply of food, also the same quantity to a family I´m helping. I also bought medications just in case no one is allowed to go out during the outbreak and I´m left alone fending for myself as the triad centers are swamped with people:

1. Prednisone/Prednisolone - Anti cytokines. To control lung inflammation (pneumonia) as the lungs are flooded with cytokines due to an exaggerated immune response. This causes fluids to accumulate in the lungs.
2. Tamiflu - to inhibit the Corona virus growth.
3. Azythromycin if Clarithromycin is not vailable. For secondary bacterial infection if you´re quarantining yourself.
4. Masks, gloves.
5. Acetaminophen, aspirin to control fever.
6. Cough medications.
7. At least either a malarial or an HIV medication (if Tamiflu fails). Or I can make a cocktail of them
depending on the interaction of the medications.

This is for me. You should consult your physician for your own sake.

lasvegan wrote:

Not sure who doing any deliveries but i have good luck with Pilgrims Pride online! They deliver to your door in couple days! Have good selection of things you might buy in GNC but for a reasonable price! I found Phosphatidylserine there! Which if you love your brain you will buy it! lol

I take Phosphatidylserine too. My axons and dendrites fire well like in my teens... I eat a lot of peanuts and use soy. But phospolipid compounds like phosphatidylserine in them have less amounts.

These are the known drugs/components that affect the Coronavirus:

1. Protease inhibitors found on HIV medication.
2. Chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine - found in anti-malarial drugs
3. Remdesivir - an experimental drug produced by Gilead Sciences. It was successful in treating a man from Washington but needed a permission from the FDA. Trials to start soon.

And here are the foods that I tucked away at my mountain hideout where my neighbor
would be 15miles away. With their shelf life of course so they can be used after the catastrophe passes away:

1. Liquor: Indefinite shelf life.
2. White rice: Indefinite
3. Honey: Indefinite
4. Dried beans: Indefinite
5. Canned sardines/tuna: 3-5 years
6. Dark chocolate: 2-5 years
7. Peanut butter: 2years
8. Bouillon cubes: 2 years
9. Dried pasta: 1-2years
10. Canned fruits and vegetables: 1-2years
11. Tea: 6-12 mos.
12. Apples: 5days - 6mos
13. Winter squash (moranguinho): 1-3mos
14. Peanuts: 1-2mos
15. Onions: 1-2mos
16. Potatoes: 2-5 weeks
17. Salted dried fish and meat: 2-3mos
18. Horizontal freezer: filled with all types of meat, frozen vegetables, bread, cakes, ice cream etc. You name it!

I´m looking for a reasonably priced powdered milk if any and a way to produce beef jerky. Gosh, I forgot to buy me a dehydrator from the US to dry fruits in season. This can also be used to make beef jerky. I haven´t found SPAM or corned beef like Libby´s for example. I don´t like the local variety. That could tremendously help as a protein source. It does sound crazy, but Brazil could be the next outbreak.

I should have executed my doomsday underground bunker construction last year. Have more projects
so that could come next!

robal

moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I see that you have asthma looking at the Ventolin solution (albuterol). You should avoid the Coronavirus at all costs. VERY life threatening in your case!

robal

robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I stocked up for a 3month supply of food, also the same quantity to a family I´m helping. I also bought medications just in case no one is allowed to go out during the outbreak and I´m left alone fending for myself as the triad centers are swamped with people:

1. Prednisone/Prednisolone - Anti cytokines. To control lung inflammation (pneumonia) as the lungs are flooded with cytokines due to an exaggerated immune response. This causes fluids to accumulate in the lungs.
3. Azythromycin if Clarithromycin is not vailable. For secondary bacterial infection if you´re quarantining yourself.
4. Masks, gloves.
6. Cough medications.
7. At least either a malarial or an HIV medication (if Tamiflu fails). Or I can make a cocktail of them

Nice list. I have Prednisone, Azithromycin, Ventolin solution, a nebulizer, Robitussin, Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen. Have a box of surgical masks, but no gloves here.  Might check out Tamiflu, but I haven't heard it mentioned.

I am also taking Vitamin D3 5000IU, a multivitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C 1000mg twice a day, among other things.

robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I see that you have asthma looking at the Ventolin solution (albuterol). You should avoid the Coronavirus at all costs. VERY life threatening in your case!

robal

No asthma, except for wheezing in Cebu and Manila with the air pollution. I found the nebulizer after reading a post from a guy who had coronavirus in Wuhan back in November.  He said the Ventolin in the nebulizer saved his life.

robal wrote:

And here are the foods that I tucked away at my mountain hideout where my neighbor
would be 15miles away. With their shelf life of course so they can be used after the catastrophe passes away:

18. Horizontal freezer: filled with all types of meat, frozen vegetables, bread, cakes, ice cream etc. You name it!

I´m looking for a reasonably priced powdered milk if any and a way to produce beef jerky. Gosh, I forgot to buy me a dehydrator from the US to dry fruits in season. This can also be used to make beef jerky. I haven´t found SPAM or corned beef like Libby´s for example. I don´t like the local variety. That could tremendously help as a protein source. It does sound crazy, but Brazil could be the next outbreak.

I should have executed my doomsday underground bunker construction last year. Have more projects
so that could come next!

robal

. Sounds like you are pretty prepared. Where are you? Philippines?

I have a dehydrator back at home in the US.  I wish I had some land to grow a garden, but where I live, it would only be pots. Some seeds for planting would be nice, but what I have found is disappointing.

moonunit0103 wrote:

No asthma, except for wheezing in Cebu and Manila with the air pollution. I found the nebulizer after reading a post from a guy who had coronavirus in Wuhan back in November.  He said the Ventolin in the nebulizer saved his life.

I do have (well controlled) asthma, rarely gives me an issue but since I'm currently in US I had my GF buy a Ventolin inhaler at Watsons just in case she or one of the boys gets really sick and has trouble breathing. It was available over the counter.

moonunit0103 wrote:
robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

4. Masks, gloves.
6. Cough medications.

Nice list. I have Prednisone, Azithromycin, Ventolin solution, a nebulizer, Robitussin, Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen. Have a box of surgical masks, but no gloves here.  Might check out Tamiflu, but I haven't heard it mentioned.

I am also taking Vitamin D3 5000IU, a multivitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C 1000mg twice a day, among other things.

Tamiflu is a common medication for influenza. The common cold viruses belong to the same family of  Coronaviruses and many clinicians comment that taking Tamiflu being antiviral also stops the replication of the Coronavirus. Taking the flu shot alone they add could diminish the Coronavirus symptoms to 50%. Add the Tamiflu and you´d recover faster as long as you take it within 48 hours of the appearance of symptoms. Half the dose could be used for prophylaxis. Upon onset of the symptoms, I also would take the Prednisolone to prevent any possible pneumonia. Most patients develop moderate pneumonia accompanied by shortness of breath and bronchospasms. Many go on respirators from 20-30 days. Yikes! That should be enough as a regimen for COVID-19.

If you really become lll then there´s the cough medications and antipyretics. The antibiotics are for secondary bacterial infection .

robal

moonunit0103 wrote:
robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

4. Masks, gloves.
6. Cough medications.

I take Vit D3 up to 15,000IU. It´s fat soluble and I´ve been taking it for years. I don´t feel any toxicity. The Vit C is water soluble and it gets eliminated by the kidney really fast. I use 250mg once a day only coz I eat a lot of fruits. Brazil has abundance of tropical fruits and also for temperate bearing fruit trees like apples, grapes etc.

moonunit0103 wrote:
robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

robal

Brochospasms, shortness of breath, pneumonia, all come together with Coronavirus symptoms. The Ventolin nebulizer does help!

moonunit0103 wrote:
robal wrote:

so that could come next!

robal

I have a dehydrator back at home in the US.  I wish I had some land to grow a garden, but where I live, it would only be pots. Some seeds for planting would be nice, but what I have found is disappointing.

At this time I´m in Brazil. I used to live in the Philippines though. I´m in this forum to gauge the possibility of coming back. Who knows.

robal

hi all
i had two pneumonia shots about 11 years ago! Anyone one know if they might still have some value against the virus? Usually you only get two in your life time but i see they're now saying should get booster after 5 years!

I transposed letters in Plaquenil in my comment above and typed Planequil. Not that anyone should be running out and asking for it. Because you shouldn't.

lasvegan wrote:

hi all
i had two pneumonia shots about 11 years ago! Anyone one know if they might still have some value against the virus? Usually you only get two in your life time but i see they're now saying should get booster after 5 years!

Get the shot if you can. I had mine about 2 weeks ago.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

I transposed letters in Plaquenil in my comment above and typed Planequil. Not that anyone should be running out and asking for it. Because you shouldn't.

That is hard to find anywhere. Governments must have already pulled them out like in Brazil.

robal

I had those shots also but my understanding is they are for bacterial pneumonia not viral pneumonia as with coronavirus, so won't help much if at all. I have no knowledge, it's just what I read.

pnwcyclist wrote:

I had those shots also but my understanding is they are for bacterial pneumonia not viral pneumonia as with coronavirus, so won't help much if at all. I have no knowledge, it's just what I read.

You´re right. Pneumococcal vaccines are bacterial. There are 2 types:

1. PCV13 - the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
   2. PPSV23 - pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. This you don´t need a booster shot. That is if
       you´re an immunocompetent adult 50yrs or older. If you have chronic conditions, you probably
       need booster shot every 5 years.

The flu shot is for viral influenza. It should be taken every year especially that influenza A changes its antigenic properties frequently. That is what I just got. I had the PPSV23 that doesn´t need the booster shot. Everyone should have both. Just to clarify any ambiguity with the previous posts.

robal

robal wrote:

so that could come next!

robal

Hahahahaha . . . . . . . .When I was a teenager my brother-in-law had a bomb shelter/bunker built in the basement of his home so his family could survive a nuclear war and fallout.

That's his legacy.

W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:

so that could come next!

robal

Hahahahaha . . . . . . . .When I was a teenager my brother-in-law had a bomb shelter/bunker built in the basement of his home so his family could survive a nuclear war and fallout.

That's his legacy.

And weaponized biological warfare... Could also be used for the current pandemic but I procrastinated.
Well, I should have bought a crystal ball first. :D

W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:

so that could come next!

robal

That's his legacy.

Since 1996, Singapore's building code has required that all new apartment buildings are constructed with a personal bomb shelter. With their reinforced walls and blast-proof doors, these shelters are designed to shield occupants from shock waves and shrapnel, just in case the city ever gets bombed. (Yup 80% of the local residents including myself live in such units!)
Not much help against covid 19 though!

:D

robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:
robal wrote:

so that could come next!

robal

At this time I´m in Brazil. I used to live in the Philippines though. I´m in this forum to gauge the possibility of coming back. Who knows.

robal

You seem pretty up on your meds. Do you have a medical background?

moonunit0103 wrote:
robal wrote:
moonunit0103 wrote:

robal

You seem pretty up on your meds. Do you have a medical background?

YES!

Check out Healthy Options online? They've at least 3 stores in Manila, 1 in Cebu, and may be able to ship stuff over to you there in Ormoc. Depends on how tightly they are handling cargo by whatever means.
Other alternative is to research alternatives to what you want that might be found in food? For instance, i dropped my hbp meds last fall in favour of eating them in bananas, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, etc. And so far, about 6 months in, no problems with that.

?

Regular dose/cloves of raw "Garlic" chewed raw (high % Allicin content)  takes care of my border line hbp. (Have Stopped my regular medication for the past 2 years!)
I've got used to the after burn sensation/bad ordour it leaves in your mouth, which dissipates (not so much the ordour!) when washed down with a glass of water!....It has worked well for me!

GOD loves hoarders also.

Anyone that believes any current drug therapy has proven to be effective is naive and has no concept of statistics as they apply to medical treatments.  But there are also those in media looking to gain attention by misrepresenting facts also.

What disease  does much of the world deal with?  Malaria.  So what is one drug that there may be a decent supply of?  Anti-malarial.  Does it work?  Do not know yet, not enough survivors with confounding factors accounted for to see it in the statistics.   Which is the case for all current treatments and the comparison of each ones outcomes.  But it makes for good headlines and gives something to hoarders to concentrate on.

The killer pneumonia seen with this one is usually an opportunistic bacterial. So it will probably be a local strain.  The vaccine has to be for the correct one for what ever you are exposed to and not to long ago or to recent for any immunity to exist.  Times vary with each person.

Social Distance works.

daenr wrote:

Check out Healthy Options online? They've at least 3 stores in Manila, 1 in Cebu, and may be able to ship stuff over to you there in Ormoc. Depends on how tightly they are handling cargo by whatever means.
Other alternative is to research alternatives to what you want that might be found in food? For instance, i dropped my hbp meds last fall in favour of eating them in bananas, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, etc. And so far, about 6 months in, no problems with that.

Absolutely.

I eat pretty healthy and rely on a couple herbs, and seeds but my woman is all over the native foods and natural cures and practically refuses to take a prescription or OTC med unless it's life or death. She cooks a lot of moringa, bitter melon, sayote and other native vegetables that are very nutritious and drinks her daily ginger root, turmeric and calamansi tea. And fresh fish of course. It's all loaded with micronutrients.