Chinese trying to open a spanish bank account

any banks recommendation which is friendly to chinese?

From my 34 years experience of living in spain as a foreigner, 14 yrs with my Asian wife,  I have never experienced any racist attitude.  I would think any bank would be ok for any nationality.

I tried to open an account with La Caixa in Calle Barcas 3 and turned in all documents and i was rejected for no reason.

I tried to open an account with Sabadell and was told i must have an earnest money contract before being allowed to open an account

I opened an account in santander but was forced to buy useless insurance for €50 monthly and my account was blocked 7 days later.  They requested the same documents except 1 year bank statements (i gave 6 months) when i opened an account and it took almost 2 weeks to unblock it!

Spanish banks are nightmares,  but everything depends on it

I've no experience of them but I would think that banks like ING direct or Triodos which work online have standardised routines which may be easier to follow.

FWIW depending on your situation maybe is worth it to give online banking a try. You'll avoid having to do so much paperwork.  You can also open a temporary online bank account, to be able to use your funds and money while you are in Spain, and meanwhile fulfill all the paperwork required to open a "physical" bank account. 
Here's some websites that may help you finding an online bank account:
myspanishresidency.com/best-banks-in-spain/

I myself had to open an online bank account while I was on erasmus and meanwhile did the paperwork for a physical account. It's perfectly compatible and IMO it's a perfect solution if you need money availability.

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : promoting freely other companies is not allowed, thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you have the residency of Spain documents, you should be able to get a Revolut bank account. It's a great app, you may find more details in this website.
I'm using this bank for most of my personal needs. Although I'm not Chinese, but I'm also from Asia but live in Spain

The Spanish banks absolutely have policies against the Chinese even you process all the tax papers. I was told so by the banking staff who didn't make the policy. Things get easier after getting the residency card but some banks still would say no.

If all you need is simply basic banking such as bill payment and shopping, virtual banks will do. It takes 15 minutes of video call to open one with N26. You only need your passport not the resident card. You'll get a Spanish account number.

Sent you a private message.