Is Dammam to Riyadh Road open ?

Hi
As my company is insisiting me to report yo my duty in Riyadh and Iam stuck in Dammam from weekends.
Can I still be able to travel to Riyadh from Dammam  by rent a car Service in the present crisis time.
Guidance will be highly appreciated.

Look I don't know about rent a car services.

But what I can tell you is that the situation is changing everyday.

I can confirm that on Saturday and Sunday, people from my company went to Dammam from Riyadh and came back same day.  No issue both ways.

Someone is going today and will report back.  I also have plans to go tomorrow.   Will also advise what happens accordingly.

However, if you want to go, go now.  There is a strong likelihood that they may even stop inter-city travel by road in the coming days.

thanks a lot for timely advise..
My family is here in Dammam and as I have the fear that border will be closed Iam hesitating to travel back leaving them alone here.
But my cmpany wants me to report there regardless of the situation  now..
Is it safe to take the kids under 5 in this period?Or am i risking?
How do I make the CEO understand?

Look that is a discussion between you and your company.

I am pretty sure that inter-city travel will be banned in the coming days as cases climb.  Right now, they are advising not to travel inter-city.

You have three options:

1) Company allows you to work from home - best option
2) Go without family and if stuck there, be ready to be alone for 2-3 weeks
3) Go with family and be stuck with them for 2-3 weeks

You have to decide based on your circumstances which option works.

thanks again

No more travelling. Curfew imposed 7 pm to 6 am and most probablity take behind bars.

Better not to travel. If you have life, have lot to earn.

Take your family first.

Ok an update.

I am now in Bahrain.

I left at 630 in the morning and the roads to Dammam were open.  But they have announced now an inter-city ban after I reached.  So you are stuck now.

The causeway was closed.  But since I had a Bahrain residency and good convincing skills, I was able to go across.  But I am now in 14 day quarantine.

ok thanks to remember and update the same..sorry to have asked the same via personal message

No problem.

Riyadh is now imposing lockdown, no one can get out neither enter the city. Also curfew hours is longer, will start 1500hrs to 0600hrs.

That's brilliant. Well done! Were you only allowed one way? Have they quarantined you in a Gov't facility?

Yes it was only allowed one way.  I had to sign a document at Saudi immigration stating that I won't return to Saudi until the situation normalizes.   But you MUST have a Bahrain residence permit to even try - even then they gave me a tough time in Saudi immigration as I wasn't a Bahraini passport holder (had to convince them).  The whole process took 2.5 hours from the time I arrived at the causeway.

No, I am self isolating at home.   They will call me if I am positive and then probably pick me up for the Government facility.  Otherwise I have to keep self isolating for 14 days - again, they had me sign a document to that effect i.e. if I don't, I am aware that I will be fined x and liable to be put in jail.

Thank you For your response, much appreciated. Unfortunately, I'll have to stay on this side for now due to the business still running. I have a KSA iqama and a Bahraini paper CPR and my home is Manama. My wife has a full CPR. Maybe I'll try it if there is a full shutdown. Let's see. Stay safe!

Good luck.  Although keep in mind that Saudi immigration is turning back even Bahrain full CPR + residence visa expats and then Bahrain is turning back anyone who is not a GCC national or a resident.   Without a full residence permit, there is very little likelihood of getting across - a friend of mine was turned back from boarding a flight for Bahrain from the UK. Gulf Air said that only residents or nationals can go back.   He also had a paper CPR.