COVID 19 (CORONA VIRUS) UPDATES FOR ALL NATIONALITIES & STATUS

:)

Looks like the beauraaucraptic CYA is in full triplicate swing. Filled out my online "I am Not Sick" form today and got my barcode (at least not a brand or a tattoo) so I expect I'll be getting a visit in due course from the Ministry of Silly Hats now that they know where I am.

Hope I remember ti put some pants on before answering the door.

Brick23 wrote:

Filled out my online "I am Not Sick" form today and got my barcode (at least not a brand or a tattoo)

Is this a thing we are supposed to do?  First I heard of it.

I think it's the same form they've been asking people who enter the country to fill out.

Here is the text I got:

Bộ trưởng Bộ Giáo dục và Đào tạo kêu gọi toàn thể cán bộ quản lý giáo dục, nhà giáo, người lao động trong ngành, học sinh, sinh viên và cha mẹ học sinh trên toàn quốc hãy thực hiện việc khai báo y tế tự nguyện.
Hãy tải phần mềm ứng dụng NCOVI tại địa chỉ https//onelink.to/3e6wap hoặc truy cập cổng khai báo điện tử (https://suckhoetoandan.vn/;https://tokhaiyte.vn/) để điền thông tin và làm theo các bước hướng dẫn.
Các gia đình học sinh hãy giúp đỡ, động viên con em mình trong việc khai báo. Khai báo y tế tự nguyện - Hành động thiết thực chiến thắng dịch bệnh Covid-19 - Hãy thực hiện ngay hôm nay!

This seems to apply to students but I'd heard a few expats mention needing it to access their apartment buildings, and on the tokhaiyte.vn website there's a version for "foreign guests" with an English option.

So being a gullible muppet, I went and filled one out.

Brick23 wrote:

Here is the text I got:

Ah, I promptly ignore any texts in Vietnamese.  It's amazing how many that you can't block as well.  I try to block all unsolicited texts but maybe successful on 20-30%.  I figure if i get it my wife will get it and if she gets it and reads it and thinks it's important she will tell me.

Now, the form you are talking about I filled out on my Moc Bai run March 8 so I guess I'm considering myself "good for now".

SteinNebraska wrote:

Ah, I promptly ignore any texts in Vietnamese.  It's amazing how many that you can't block as well.  I try to block all unsolicited texts but maybe successful on 20-30%.  I figure if i get it my wife will get it and if she gets it and reads it and thinks it's important she will tell me.

Now, the form you are talking about I filled out on my Moc Bai run March 8 so I guess I'm considering myself "good for now".

I ignored them all pre-covidpocalypse but I noticed that I was getting some in correctly marked-up Vietnamese instead of Viettel's usual indecypherable gibberish. So I've started running those ones through translation just in case.

And yes, most of the spam comes through at the carrier level, not a lot you can do about it short of a well placed hammer impact  :lol:

SteinNebraska wrote:
Brick23 wrote:

Here is the text I got:

Actually if you look there are 2 different forms & they are different. First one is to fill in before you come or in transit, the second is for people who are already in the country. I screwed up first time & filled the like Traveling one & then went back & filled in the one for living here! A friend already had a visit from the police etc & already posted about it on the forum.
Dont quote me but I think there is a fine if you have not filled it in.

I've gotten a lot of messages on my phone from various government entities, but so far none have said anything about filling out a form.  Maybe it's coming.

goodolboy wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:
Brick23 wrote:

Here is the text I got:

Actually if you look there are 2 different forms & they are different. First one is to fill in before you come or in transit, the second is for people who are already in the country. I screwed up first time & filled the like Traveling one & then went back & filled in the one for living here! A friend already had a visit from the police etc & already posted about it on the forum.

I showed my wife (VN) the forms.  She told me the first tab ("Cho người nhập cảnh Entry declaration") is for people entering from outside the country, the second tab ("Cho khách nội địa For domestic guests") is for people traveling within the country, such as taking domestic flights.  Does the second form contain questions pertaining to domestic travel?

mtgmike wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

I showed my wife (VN) the forms.  She told me the first tab ("Cho người nhập cảnh Entry declaration") is for people entering from outside the country, the second tab ("Cho khách nội địa For domestic guests") is for people traveling within the country, such as taking domestic flights.  Does the second form contain questions pertaining to domestic travel?

Only bit about travel is this.....
In the past 14 days, which country / territory have you traveled to (may travel across multiple countries)

The rest is all questions about your health, exposure to possible Corona countries & people & personal health history 20 yes/no questions.

The form is also in English as well as Vietnamese

mtgmike wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Yes, the second form contains questions pertaining to domestic flights. At first, I thought it was about my last domestic flight, but the system didn't accept my answer because the date of the flight was anterior... Then, I put the informations about my next domestic flight and the code barre has been well generated. Perhaps the informations go to the air company in order to allow you to take the plane...
But this form contains nothing about domestic bus travels.

goodolboy wrote:

Jeez..........................thats Boris Johnson just confirmed with Corona........according to CNBC that is, if they can be believed! I better check Youtube for positive conformation.

Boris is a clever bloke with limited morals, so I wonder if he has it or it's a "I'm in it with you" PR stunt.

Fred wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Jeez..........................thats Boris Johnson just confirmed with Corona........according to CNBC that is, if they can be believed! I better check Youtube for positive conformation.

Boris is a clever bloke with limited morals, so I wonder if he has it or it's a "I'm in it with you" PR stunt.

I want to see Boris hook-up with Angela Merkel and create a European love child with crazy hair.

colinoscapee wrote:
Fred wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

I want to see Boris hook-up with Angela Merkel and create a European love child with crazy hair.

Jeez, the mind boggles :o

Fred wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Now now none of that cynical stuff, but if Donald goes down with it too I might start thinking.....hummmmmmm

Great things can happen when great minds & skills get together.......& fast!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … irus-fight

Regarding my last post on here, I left Vietnam yesterday  Morning, and there was no special process, Checking in and security checking same as usual. The case will depend on the country were travelling. The airline staffs treat everyone as a general way, and I came to Japan and here had quarantine paper process before coming to Immigration the process is the same for Japanese and other nationalities too.

Contem talk wrote:

Regarding my last post on here, I left Vietnam yesterday  Morning, and there was no special process, Checking in and security checking same as usual. The case will depend on the country were travelling. The airline staffs treat everyone as a general way, and I came to Japan and here had quarantine paper process before coming to Immigration the process is the same for Japanese and other nationalities too.

Do you think you can get a vietamese visa in Japan before flying back to Vietnam ? I am also interested by travelling to Japan at the end of my 3 months tourist visa (beginning of
may) and I would like to come back to Vietnam with a new 3 months tourist visa from vietnamese consulate in Japan.
Thanks in advance :-)
Laurent

Why travelling?. The risk to get the virus at the airport, in the plane or in Japan is too big!

Sobie wrote:

Why travelling?. The risk to get the virus at the airport, in the plane or in Japan is too big!

I agree with you. If I can renew by 3 months  tourist visa in Vietnam, I will do... Many people told me it's not possible to renew tourist visa at the moment... Is there someone on this forum with recent experience with this please ?

Laurent futur Nha Trang wrote:
Sobie wrote:

I agree with you. If I can renew by 3 months  tourist visa in Vietnam, I will do... Many people told me it's not possible to renew tourist visa at the moment... Is there someone on this forum with recent experience with this please ?

Yes. It's totally possible now. If you need help , send me a private message as we are not supposed to promote our individual Visa agents in public posts

Contem talk wrote:

Do you think you can get a vietamese visa in Japan before flying back to Vietnam ? I am also interested by travelling to Japan at the end of my 3 months tourist visa (beginning of
may) and I would like to come back to Vietnam with a new 3 months tourist visa from vietnamese consulate in Japan.
Laurent

You can take a tourism visa from Japan but the cost is too high. But you have to wait till the situation under control.

Sobie wrote:

Lots of posts on this Laurent, can get a visa extension from Agent but its gonna cost ya, from 300 up to 400 usd you need to shop arround, still cheaper than flying. But another poster here has done all the leg work himself & did it for less than 50usd. I am same you 8th May my visa runs out & I will try to do it myself. But from what I have seen on another Forum they will turn you away if you have more than 10 days left on your visa & tell you to come back in a couple of days. Also from what I have heard you have to battle your way through the touts at the visa office door.

goodolboy wrote:
Sobie wrote:

Lots of posts on this Laurent, can get a visa extension from Agent but its gonna cost ya, from 300 up to 400 usd you need to shop arround, still cheaper than flying. But another poster here has done all the leg work himself & did it for less than 50usd. I am same you 8th May my visa runs out & I will try to do it myself. But from what I have seen on another Forum they will turn you away if you have more than 10 days left on your visa & tell you to come back in a couple of days. Also from what I have heard you have to battle your way through the touts at the visa office door.

oh & I forgot to mention, who is to say you will get back in if you go to Japan, at best its a q4 days in isolation too!

My tourist visa is due on the 20th of April. I'll drive to the Immigration office of Danang. If they can help me: fantastic otherwise just going to Hanoi ( if no lockdown, will go via the Ho Chi Minh route and stopping at the little villages ). They've seen my face a lot of times so it should be no problem.

Contem talk wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

Laurent

You can take a tourism visa from Japan but the cost is too high. But you have to wait till the situation under control.

What do you mean by "the cost is too high" ? Including the travel costs ? It won't be a simple visa run. I am interested in traveling in Japan anyway, one month for example.

goodolboy wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

oh & I forgot to mention, who is to say you will get back in if you go to Japan, at best its a q4 days in isolation too!

I agree with you. I wanted to travel one month in Japan, but 14 days in quarantaine included is not acceptable... :-)

Considering there are changes to immigration/visa rules on a daily basis, no one can say what the situation will be at the beginning of May (over a month away).

goodolboy wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

I agree with you. I wanted to travel one month in Japan, but 14 days in quarantaine included is not acceptable... :-)

In the current crisis you chose to go to Japan and then expect to return to Vietnam whilst risking spreading the virus both here and there ? Jeez . . ..  It's not  visa you need, it's therapy !

Can anyone tell me the name and address of the government agency in Saigon that you would go to if you want to renew a visa?  I've never dealt with anyone other than at the airport.

I don't need to renew as yet, but maybe it would be worth it for me to inquire about the  requirement to leave the country every three months on the one-year visas for US citizens.  That comes later in April for me.

Indices wrote:

In the current crisis you chose to go to Japan and then expect to return to Vietnam whilst risking spreading the virus both here and there ? Jeez . . ..  It's not  visa you need, it's therapy !

He didn't go -- his visa here expires in May, so it would be a choice between working to renew a visa here or going to Japan instead.

paulmsn wrote:
Indices wrote:

He didn't go -- his visa here expires in May, so it would be a choice between working to renew a visa here or going to Japan instead.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Contem talk wrote:

Laurent

What do you mean by "the cost is too high" ? Including the travel costs ? It won't be a simple visa run. I am interested in traveling in Japan anyway, one month for example.

What I mean  If you apply for a Vietnamese visa in Japan then the visa fees higher then you pay at the airport fees. One time I went to Vietnam Embassy in Japan just to stamp Visa on my passport although I had business invitation later. It has cost me 50$ If I stamp it at the airport then it will cost 25 or 30$ max

Contem talk wrote:

What I mean  If you apply for a Vietnamese visa in Japan then the visa fees higher then you pay at the airport fees. One time I went to Vietnam Embassy in Japan just to stamp Visa on my passport although I had business invitation later. It has cost me 50$ If I stamp it at the airport then it will cost 25 or 30$ max

If memory serves me right (and it doesn't always  :huh: ) hasn't it been posted in several places on this forum that visa-on-arrival is stopped until further notice?  It won't help to be less expensive if you can't enter.

THIGV wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

If memory serves me right (and it doesn't always  :huh: ) hasn't it been posted in several places on this forum that visa-on-arrival is stopped until further notice?  It won't help to be less expensive if you can't enter.

Correct.

paulmsn wrote:

Can anyone tell me the name and address of the government agency in Saigon that you would go to if you want to renew a visa?  I've never dealt with anyone other than at the airport.

Immigration -
161 Nguyen Du, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

THIGV wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

Cannot obtain vietnam visa from Embassy in Tokyo either:

Amidst the swift and complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic around the globe, the Vietnamese Government has made the following decision to effectively contain the spread of the disease:

- Temporarily suspend entry of all foreign nationals into Viet Nam, with the exception of those entering Viet Nam for diplomatic, official and other extraordinary purposes (including foreign guests attending or otherwise in service of important foreign affairs events, experts, corporate managers, high skilled workers).

Unless it's for diplomatic or official business. Even then there is a mandatory medical screening and quarantine. I recall reading on the vietnam national administration of tourism website that the quarantine is for 14 days.

333 Nguyen Trai Street

As soon as you step out of the grab car in article be prepared to have business card thrust in you hand for Visa services. Ignore them

You will have to wear a mask to gain access.. but seemingly once inside no one cares.

To the left of the door as you enter you will see a man sitting there giving out numbers. Tell him why you are there and he will tell you which counter to go to.

Good luck.. because depending on who you get behind the counter varies considerably in advice or service provided.

NATIONWIDE QUARANTINE starts at Midnight:

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=888733#4836749

The contents of the Directive are as follows:

The COVID-19 epidemic broke out globally, affecting over 72,000 people, nearly 3.5 million died in more than 200 countries and territories and there was no sign of stopping. In Vietnam, the number of cases is increasing rapidly day by day and there is a high risk of infection in the community. It is predicted that the disease will spread rapidly on a large scale, seriously threatening human life, human health and socio-economic of the country.

Affecting over 72,000 people.... and yet 3..5 million died... how is that possible ?