COVID 19 (CORONA VIRUS) UPDATES FOR ALL NATIONALITIES & STATUS

Ghost flights

Indices wrote:

Not sure why there are some posts that are not relevant to Vietnam and more focused on the USA on here but

Don't worry, someone already cried about it to the moderators so I assume they will be gone by morning...

Seems some peoples' skin here is so thin you can read a newspaper through it.

With reference to my previous post .. . .  Having tasted the Pho recently I think I can guess where those confined to quarantine are ending up.

SteinNebraska wrote:
Indices wrote:

Not sure why there are some posts that are not relevant to Vietnam and more focused on the USA on here but

Don't worry, someone already cried about it to the moderators so I assume they will be gone by morning...

Seems some peoples' skin here is so thin you can read a newspaper through it.

Perhaps the same applies to brain tissue.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ … oh.gov.vn/

Are there anyone has any experience cross Vietnam immigration at this time? Any complicated process?

Contem talk wrote:

Are there anyone has any experience cross Vietnam immigration at this time? Any complicated process?

You will have to be more specific . ..  Coming in, going out, visa issue or renewal etc etc.

Indices wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

You will have to be more specific . ..  Coming in, going out, visa issue or renewal etc etc.

Hello Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I mean going out, Currently, I am stuck in Vietnam, I have checked in my country there are no issues to going back, But I am not sure I can cross Vietnam Immigration going out without any delay.

Contem talk wrote:
Indices wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

Hello Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I mean going out, Currently, I am stuck in Vietnam, I have checked in my country there are no issues to going back, But I am not sure I can cross Vietnam Immigration going out without any delay.

If you choose to ' go home ' wherever that is then I do not see a problem, apart from whatever happens  to be 'home' when you get there.
I did get an Email from someone that took a Singapore Air flight that said apart from a compulsory mask they needed a self declaration of health, a form the Airline provided.

Could China have handled this better....I think so!!!

China corona

colinoscapee wrote:

China corona

You got more bottle than me, I saw that one this morning & thought.........hummmmm no better not post it!! Scary really!! :o hope something comes good after/if this mess is all blown over. The person off screen in the background of the video with the dry cough better go see a doctor & get checked out!

goodolboy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

China corona

You got more bottle than me, I saw that one this morning & thought.........hummmmm no better not post it!! Scary really!! :o hope something comes good after/if this mess is all blown over. The person off screen in the background of the video with the dry cough better go see a doctor & get checked out!

Hahaha, my thoughts too when I heard him coughing.

colinoscapee wrote:

China corona

Yeah, but admitting an outbreak before tet holidays? That would hurt their economy. GDP would go down.  ;)

Contem talk wrote:

Currently, I am stuck in Vietnam, I have checked in my country there are no issues to going back, But I am not sure I can cross Vietnam Immigration going out without any delay.

Leaving the country is never a problem.  It's whether you can find a flight out is.

UK government or embassy was advertising they can help with non direct flights the other day.

I suspect we are heading for a lockdown in the city soon. Probably better to act soon rather than let infection spread further.

Not sure which is better or worse.
UK is locked down completely. It seems the West is having a higher rate of infection (westerners softies after all ???)

If you believe the figures VN so far has managed and coped the best of any nation so far.

Jlgarbutt wrote:

UK is locked down completely. It seems the West is having a higher rate of infection (westerners softies after all ???)

If you believe the figures VN so far has managed and coped the best of any nation so far.

Q: Why are they not testing, or not publishing results for antibody prevelance?
A: Because where the virus exists, probably upwards of 25% of the population has already had it without noticing and recovered without issue.

The whole thing is a power grab by the central banks, aided by dimwitted politicos glorying in their 15-minutes-of-fame power trips "summoning the troops!" and everyone else who wants a seat at the pork banquet.

The "cure" is far worse than the disease. The CFR among otherwise healthy under 70's is barely distinguishable from statistical noise.

Anyone needing a VEC stamp will be in for bad news.

My VEC is less than two weeks old, and have until 20th April on previous visa.

Immigration today refuse to stamp passport... Saying go back when visa expire and they will for a fee extend for a month.

So basically they will charge for for the privilege to extend for a month despite having  VEC

It's like being taxed on a tax and then having to go back later and pay another tax

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Immigration today refuse to stamp passport... Saying go back when visa expire and they will for a fee extend for a month.

So basically they will charge for for the privilege to extend for a month despite having  VEC

It's like being taxed on a tax and then having to go back later and pay another tax

I don't quite understand . Why did you get a new VEC when you still had another visa ? It is possible to have two visas running at the same time ?

Brick23 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

A: Because where the virus exists, probably upwards of 25% of the population has already had it without noticing and recovered without issue.

The whole thing is a power grab by the central banks, aided by dimwitted politicos glorying in their 15-minutes-of-fame power trips "summoning the troops!" and everyone else who wants a seat at the pork banquet.

The "cure" is far worse than the disease. The CFR among otherwise healthy under 70's is barely distinguishable from statistical noise.

Thank god I a am healthy & 69 (70 Nov this year) can I rest easy now do you think? :joking:

My tourist visa was due to expire on the 20th April, but had applied for the VEC before the virus issue got really bad.

No information from immigration once they hand back passport with VEC just waved goodbye.

Different stories since that no need to exit until 180 days.. but old visa still valid.

Anyway, immigration today say come back in 20th because I'm sure by then the virus will be gone. If not pay more money or extend for a month. And then if border not open then go and extend and pay again.

VEC is visa exemption... So yes have it stamped once to activate, but after that exit 180 days ...

Should have stamped it at time of issue surely makes lor sense. Void old visa..

goodolboy wrote:
Brick23 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

I am healthy & 69 (70 Nov this year) can I rest easy now do you think? :joking:

If you believe Trump the old antimalaria drugs are supposed to help. Best get drinking Gin and Tonic and add plenty of vitamin C that is supposed to help also 😜

goodolboy wrote:

Thank god I a am healthy & 69 (70 Nov this year) can I rest easy now do you think? :joking:

Mate, you and me are just too damn pretty to die.  :lol:

Jlgarbutt wrote:

My tourist visa was due to expire on the 20th April, but had applied for the VEC before the virus issue got really bad.

No information from immigration once they hand back passport with VEC just waved goodbye.

Different stories since that no need to exit until 180 days.. but old visa still valid.

Anyway, immigration today say come back in 20th because I'm sure by then the virus will be gone. If not pay more money or extend for a month. And then if border not open then go and extend and pay again.

VEC is visa exemption... So yes have it stamped once to activate, but after that exit 180 days ...

Should have stamped it at time of issue surely makes lor sense. Void old visa..

Right, think I have a handle on it now. You have a VEC but it isn't valid until you go out and in again to activate it. So in theory you are here purely on a tourist visa ?

Brick23 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Mate, you and me are just too damn pretty to die.  :lol:

https://i.ibb.co/KNrLN5L/IMG-20200324-WA0000.jpg

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Great to see immigration putting money before anything else. Maybe they need to contact the Indonesian Immigration and get some tips.

Vietnamese PM has ordered shutdown of all 'unnecessary services' including karaoke bars:

http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/english/in … tems/14742

some of youse will be getting a sound nights sleep.  :sleep

Jlgarbutt wrote:

I think you have a pretty good chance that they will loosen things enough that you should be able to do a Moc Bai run by the 20th of April.  If not you have an option, albeit expensive.  You can still revel in the fact that you have a five year VEC for $10 so just consider the extra fee as part of  "dollar cost averaging" over the next 5 years and it's not so bad.  :D

sanooku wrote:

Vietnamese PM has ordered shutdown of all 'unnecessary services' including karaoke bars:

http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/english/in … tems/14742

some of youse will be getting a sound nights sleep.  :sleep

Its not the Karaoke bars round here, its the ones set up under tents in the street every weekend. Some of the sounds coming out of the tent are like cats in heat!! but hey last weekend we had a reprieve & lets hope it lasts!!.....................the karaoke not the corona I mean

I've just heard  Ho Chi Minh City will be quarantining from 28th March none of cannot come in or go out from the city. Is there anyone heard about this?

Contem talk wrote:

I've just heard  Ho Chi Minh City will be quarantining from 28th March none of cannot come in or go out from the city. Is there anyone heard about this?

According to this (by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism)

Foreigners cannot enter vietnam from 22 March, except for authorised purposes e.g. diplomatic and official purposes. Even those 'will be subject to medical checks and mandatory 14-day quarantine.'

that link says:

He (PM Phúc) also asked that the competent authorities and local governments to try to reduce the number of flights transporting passengers from overseas into Việt Nam to prevent overloading of quarantine sites, given the compulsory quarantine mandated for all entrants into the country.

I think that means PM has asked  'competent authorities and local governments' to reduce the number of flight transporting passengers from overseas into Việt Nam.....coming on official business.

Contem talk wrote:

This is about the people who were living in HCM cannot go out of the city and people who come from another city cannot enter to HCM this will affect everyone.

Contem talk wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

This is about the people who were living in HCM cannot go out of the city and people who come from another city cannot enter to HCM this will affect everyone.

Im sure a few Uncle Hos will sort this out.

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Now that there is a total restriction on foreigners arriving , I don't see how fiddling the figures would have done any good. Unless VN government was intending to keep foreigners coming in, and found out  later they needed total restriction.

Even then, if word gets out the numbers were fiddled, it would be terribly embarrassing if not for the 'cheating' aspect, then for not being able to have a handle on the 'situation'.

Good article (sorry!, It might be behind paywall):

https://www.ft.com/content/0cc3c956-6cb … bea055720b

That is correct, and You can see the government officially announce it. You can find it on the Vietnamese version but the English version not update yet.

http://baochinhphu.vn/Tin-noi-bat/Thu-t … 391030.vgp

Contem talk wrote:

I received a text from the HCMC People's Committee that this is a false rumor.

goodolboy wrote:

Its not the Karaoke bars round here, its the ones set up under tents in the street every weekend. Some of the sounds coming out of the tent are like cats in heat!! but hey last weekend we had a reprieve & lets hope it lasts!!.....................the karaoke not the corona I mean

You sure those just weren't funerals?  They tend to play the strangled-cat bagpipe music.

SteinNebraska wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

You sure those just weren't funerals?  They tend to play the strangled-cat bagpipe music.

I have a neighbour who sings(badly) karaoke every Friday night. Scratching your fingernails on a blackboard would be a much more pleasant experience.

SteinNebraska wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

:lol: naw def karaoke, its like a group of rich oldies get together. Sometimes they all wear the same T shirts & sometimes like all same combat fatigues. Every morning they also do like sinc exercise to Vietnamese patriotic music. Jeez can you imagine the funeral music every weekend for 3 days.

We just had a funeral in the neighborhood last weekend two blocks over.  My wife said I am not allowed to comment on it.  When in Rome...