Mail order vitamins and supplements banned in VN?

I have been told by a very authoritative source that we are not allowed to receive vitamins and herbal supplements from US mail order companies like iHerb, even if we pay the VN customs tax.

I think this is a new policy and has been in effect since last year.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

I am now unable to go to Cambodia because of the virus hysteria. I usually receive my supplements in Cambodia where it is easy and no hassle.

Seems odd. Usually anything they can make some money on in taxes gets through

I wonder if they are being cautious because they cannot verify the clean status of the packing facility where it is made and shipped from.

Depends what you are looking for.. but often see people on Facebook selling these sorts of things.

Couple of trips ago my wife had me bring it around 50  boxes of the stuff from the UK.. all different brands and products.

Quick check at airport with x-ray scanner and on my way.

If you use Facebook have a look at items for sale .. might get lucky

Failing that Annam sells a small range

It's not the clean status of the package -- this policy preceded the virus insanity. I was told it has something to do with VN not sure which agency governs imports of supplements.

I don't use FB but maybe I will see if I can find something there. I checked on Shopee, Lazada et al. You can buy this stuff there (and in many pharmacies) but price is 4 to 5 times higher than mail order US prices.

I have lots of vitamins in storage in Cambo but brought only enough for my 3 month VN stay. Now I am running low.