School Uniforms

I am totally new to the concept of school uniforms. My oldest is plus sized and although I did find an awesome website with plus sized uniforms for kids, I'm confused on the whole badge thing. The school I'm using as my "planning school" where I just pretend I am going there to gather resources, has a uniform page on their website. They have a link to order uniforms with the school badge embroidered, but what if my child can't wear that size? Is it mandatory or can I go to some embroidery shop to have it applied?

I'm sure I'm not the first parent to deal with size issues, but it's a bit overwhelming when considering both UK sizes and also requirements.

Hi again.

School uniforms vary from school to school, if you use Google "Glasgow school uniforms" and look at the images, some have blazers and a school tie, others get by with sweat-shirts, others a polo-shirt,  I wouldn't worry about it until you get there, he won't have to have the uniform on day 1 and many schools have items donated by kids who have left that you can borrow/use till you get sorted; also talk to other mum's, many schools have a FB page.

I know you said previously that you'd have to wait until your husband could apply to transfer, but the worldwide pandemic (Coronavirus) is causing a lot of disruption to the UK school system everywhere.  They just announced today that all schools in Scotland will be closing this Friday 20 March 2020, the commentator who is discussing it has said that many are speculating that they won't re-open until at least after the summer vacation (13 August 2020 in Glasgow), so I suspect you won't get much sense out of the schools until they re-open.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Just to update all - all schools in the UK will close this Friday 20 March 2020 until further notice - this is more drastic than I mentioned above.  There are exceptions for children of key workers (i.e. healthcare workers, police, firemen, ambulance workers, distribution drivers etc).

Thank you for that! Yes, we wouldn't be moving for another year. I appreciate your insight!!

Many larger towns have school uniform shops - These tend to have a lot of experience and will sort you out quickly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=school+ … p;ie=UTF-8