Why am I being censored on this forum?

I posted a video to intro myself and share the culture I see in vietnam and it got removed.

I never saw any notices or warnings?

Whats the policy on posting videos?

Unless they're advertising, illegal, or plain out of order, videos are allowed. However, new posters, especially on the Vietnam section, have to be treated with caution as so many spammers join to pump out rubbish, usually overpriced housing, Crypto Investing, or other scams that assume members here are morons without a clue..

So much for...

"The entire concept of this forum is to promote the free exchange of information and ideas. Therefore, everyone has a fundamental right to form and express their own opinions,..."

...when the first post gets immediately censored and deleted for talking about vietnam in a vietnam forum.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=190521

ADVERTISING:

The forum is not aimed at helping you to promote your company and products. If your thread is of a commercial nature, please use the dedicated sections: we invite you to register in theVietnam Business directory or to have a look at our Advertising page.

In other words, if someone pushes cryptostuff, they get removed.

There's no room for discussion on this.

1.  You are constantly assuming I talked about crypto stuff just because I'm a crypto trader and you never even saw what i posted.

2. What I posted had nothing to do with commercial stuff because I was talking about the government culture and reality in vietnam.

3.  I'd prefer the moderators be upfront and just say we don't want you sharing your opinions of what you see in vietnam here versus shadow banning me or making up lame excuses that I'm a crypto trader and not allowed here.

Heck. Are you a real local? And you talk about the VN Government 'culture' and 'reality' about Vietnam in a forum visited mainly by expats? What the heck is your real intention? Moderators are doing excellent work!!  Too bad no one gets to see the mystery comments..

Tai Zen wrote:

1.  You are constantly assuming I talked about crypto stuff just because I'm a crypto trader and you never even saw what i posted.

2. What I posted had nothing to do with commercial stuff because I was talking about the government culture and reality in vietnam.

3.  I'd prefer the moderators be upfront and just say we don't want you sharing your opinions of what you see in vietnam here versus shadow banning me or making up lame excuses that I'm a crypto trader and not allowed here.

I'm not sure, I think perhaps I might have seen your first post and reported it to admin for review.

That doesn't mean I thought it was definitely against the rules, or that you were definitely promoting your business.

But I do remember looking at someone's profile where it said something about cryptocurrency, and a red flag went off in my head, so I let admin know so they could take a look.

If you think that there was no violation in your post, why don't you try posting it again in this thread?

You have the attention of admin now, and they can take another look and let you know if there's really a problem, or if you simply triggered the spam filters.

I'm not a moderator or in charge.

I'm just an involved member of The Forum.

1.  "If you think that there was no violation in your post, why don't you try posting it again in this thread?

You have the attention of admin now, and they can take another look and let you know if there's really a problem, or if you simply triggered the spam filters."

If the moderators censor me the first time they see my post with no explanation, what is the point in asking them to re-evaluate my post. I don't understand what would inspire them to change their mind if I ask for a review?

I don't even know where the post went.

2.  "But I do remember looking at someone's profile where it said something about cryptocurrency, and a red flag went off in my head, so I let admin know so they could take a look." 

Is it illegal or immoral to trade cryptocurrencies in any country?  I don't know of any. Why did a red flag go off in your head for?  What if I said I trade oil or stocks for a living or rice? Would that trigger a red flag also?

Tai Zen wrote:

1.  "If you think that there was no violation in your post, why don't you try posting it again in this thread?

You have the attention of admin now, and they can take another look and let you know if there's really a problem, or if you simply triggered the spam filters."

If the moderators censor me the first time they see my post with no explanation, what is the point in asking them to re-evaluate my post. I don't understand what would inspire them to change their mind if I ask for a review?

I don't even know where the post went.

2.  "But I do remember looking at someone's profile where it said something about cryptocurrency, and a red flag went off in my head, so I let admin know so they could take a look." 

Is it illegal or immoral to trade cryptocurrencies in any country?  I don't know of any. Why did a red flag go off in your head for?  What if I said I trade oil or stocks for a living or rice? Would that trigger a red flag also?

You are too invested in your sense of indignation for me to offer any words that will assuage you..

Cheers,!

The Original Poster was contacted. Topic closed

Closed