Following your life partner in Saudi Arabia

Hi everyone,

If love can move mountains, it also makes people move abroad, in countries such as Saudi Arabia.
Following your life partner in a country with different customs and rules is an act of absolute trust and may require a period of adaptation.
This is why we would like to have your opinion to answer these questions and thus help future expats who are preparing to follow the same track by moving in Saudi Arabia.

What preparation do you have, or do you advise, to do before your departure in order to make the best of this experience?

What challenges have you faced? In what areas (finding a job, socialization, well-being)? How did you overcome them?

What is the outcome of this experience for you? Would you do it again if the opportunity arose?

Has your relationship with your beloved changed since your expatriation in Saudi Arabia? Do you have any advice on this subject?

If your expatriation involved children, how did you manage to maintain a family balance in the face of this life change?

Thanks for your contribution!

Loïc

Well, the classic answer ‘it all depends'. There are 2 cases. First, if you are moslem and you want to raise kids well, it's a well spent time in SA. Otherwise, it depends on how good of a job you are moving for. If it's one of the large well known establishments with high income, it would be a great adventure and comfy livings and good savings. Otherwise, forget him/her and stay home because ain't worth it.

Intially everyone would come as single status regardless of married or unmarried. Circumstances and Job Profile and How being you are earned situation bring your family in the Saudi Arabia. If good job then you get family status OR else had good business which is now this day impossible as so called free visa banned.

No doubt, Saudi Arabia is peaceful country and living with in your boundary and relatives. Good Infrastructure and facilities and sure good environment for our kids to raise as good fellow citizen.

All depend upon situation as Expat and Because of No citizenship you are limited to think to stay forever.  Rest all is good.

Regards and welcome to KSA

Hello,
I went here in saudi arabia for my kids.its so hard to leave my kids alone..i used to be a fulltime mother with my four amazing kids when me and my ex husband still together as a couple.life is so much hard for our family especially for me. Year 2011 month of january when my ex husband decided to work in saudi arabia to give us more better life, but i didnt expect that it is also the start of my miseries, coz same year he also started cheating on me. Even his attitude towards me change. He cheated on me with a nurse in saudi. I tried everything to fix our family even if its so much difficult i felt like i dont know the person i married. 2015 i decided to get my feet back and stand on my own without him in our life because im tired and sick of our situation as a couple.i work as sales lady in the philippines. I want to start new but he dont like. He promise me that he will change so he went back home in the philippines to prove himself. So i have him 1 last chance. And i got pregnant to our fourth baby. But to my surprise this lady followed my husband in the philippines(she is filipina). And theyre communicating secretly. We start fighting again and again.2016 he decided to go back in saudi again to work. He supported his family until now. And they cant live without his support thats one of the reason why we cant save money for our own family, because he gave it to them even our own savings if they need money.
    He went backbto his work here in saudi.i thought all went well but again he have another woman. So at year 2017 i decided that this should stop(relationship). I cant do it anymore.i cant stand on this kind of life anymore.im not getting any younger i have four kids and i need to do something for my kids. Because i have alot of worries regarding our future especially my kids future. My exhusband have a very high salary.but he only sent little to us.. thats what im worrying i cant save much my kids are growing up. So with the support of my family(my parents and my brothers) i started to apply abroad. Its hard for me coz its my first time alot of  fear. And i cant be with my kids. But i need to do this for them. I decided to apply as a cleaner on call cleaner. Year 2019 month of march i travelled in saudi, and start my own life faraway with my loveones. Very much hard in the first but i have to do this.Even if i dont have experiences with this im trying my best to be the best cleaner my client had😊. And now its my 1year in saudi arabia as a cleaner. Still surviving and fighting with all my fears and loneliness(missing my family/kids). Me and my ex husband is here in saudi but we never met or see each other ever since. I dont want to. I dont wanna see him. But we are still communicating regarding the support of our kids..

Thats my story.. i did not follow him here, saudi arabia is where my marriage life ruins. But saudi arabia will be my starting point to stand on my own for my kids. Thank u for reading.

You're still beautiful. And don't think about the past. You're living today.

Thanks😊💪