What's the big deal about the lack of testing kits?

So people are in a panic with how many testing kits are available, bfd.

You get tested, a couple days later the test comes back negative. But between the time you got tested and the results of the test, you picked up the virus.

Check points taking temperatures,  if they took my temperature and it read 98.6, for me that means I'm sick. My baseline is 97.0, what's yours?

Suppose you have a temperature for some reason other than the virus?

After a womans ovulation her temperature her goes up.

Infrared thermometers are only accurate plus or minus 3.5 degrees F.

Heck, how about false positives, how many will panic that have been within 6 feet of you?

Testing is just Valium for the masses.

Coronapanic, also known as mass stupidity, is this century's defining moment, the time the brighter ones amongst us realised the majority of humans have ovine brains.

Frankly  I find the utterly stupid toilet roll and hand sanitiser hoarding masses to be a bunch of total morons. As for runs on banks and bulk buying products such as fresh veg, that bunch are clearly zombie proof.
Most have yet to work out the majority of cronovirus positive people don't even know they're ill because their symptoms are so mild, but they've been trained to think every case is a hospital job with a fair chance of a permanent graveyard home.

My kids classes have parents' WA groups, that having posts from people sending to Jakarta for stupidly priced hand sanitiser when all local shops have loads at normal prices.  Basically, they're idiots.

Wow! Guys thanks for sharing your opinions! It's understandable for those idiots that live some distance from Puregold and Robberson's (not a misspelled word) to want to stock up on toilet paper that doesn't hold up! lol!!

i was raised on an Turtle Mtn's Indian Reservation in North Dakota and the Indians say right hand for food left hand for waste!

They have limited resources with which to perform contract tracing, which is resource intensive. They need test results fast so they can put limited resources where they need to be (as in only when they get a confirmed positive test result) in order to stop spreaders and get them isolated before they get out of control. All of the false positives, false negatives and even fake test kits along with the lack of kits is making this harder than it should be.

Are we lucky that it is not worse than it is or is it worse than we know?

Fred wrote:

Coronapanic, also known as mass stupidity, is this century's defining moment, the time the brighter ones amongst us realised the majority of humans have ovine brains.

Frankly  I find the utterly stupid toilet roll and hand sanitiser hoarding masses to be a bunch of total morons. As for runs on banks and bulk buying products such as fresh veg, that bunch are clearly zombie proof.
Most have yet to work out the majority of cronovirus positive people don't even know they're ill because their symptoms are so mild, but they've been trained to think every case is a hospital job with a fair chance of a permanent graveyard home.

My kids classes have parents' WA groups, that having posts from people sending to Jakarta for stupidly priced hand sanitiser when all local shops have loads at normal prices.  Basically, they're idiots.

Many people with hoarding disorder also experience other mental health disorders, such as: Depression. ... Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder especially in high stress 1st world environments!
(ADHD)Feb 3, 2018

Remember Beanie Babies?

Remember Cabbage Patch Dolls?

Remember Pet Rocks?

Remember Mood Rings?
You wear them on your finger and if your temperature goes up the color of ring changes. Now's the time to bring back Mood Rings, Change the name to Corona Detector and make millions.

Not too sure but at least they managed to stop cross infection in this case!

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1244869/c … c-vergeire

Philippine Destiny wrote:

They have limited resources with which to perform contract tracing, which is resource intensive. They need test results fast so they can put limited resources where they need to be (as in only when they get a confirmed positive test result) in order to stop spreaders and get them isolated before they get out of control. All of the false positives, false negatives and even fake test kits along with the lack of kits is making this harder than it should be.

Are we lucky that it is not worse than it is or is it worse than we know?

" contract tracing" should have been contact tracing

Oh I don't know it's working for South Korea, ask the USA in 2 weeks.